You're no good, you don't cry like you should

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
*strokes Mauja*

F A E L E N E
you don't cry like you should.

It would bother her not to have this settled, and his attempts told her he must have wanted the same. Did they really want to see each other again and wear fickle faces that could break? Did they want strange questions, assumptions? Didn't he want to be able to look at the foal knowing what they meant to him or what it didn't? She didn't want wishy washy answers. That was probably what had the streams of her blood tempting to boil. Had he thought at all? Should she treat him as a thoughtless donor? This was what she told herself, she didn't need to have any more reasons to linger.

The shout of his voice mad her ears twitch, slightly startled by the sound, by the word itself. Was he about to chew her out? Faelene braced for it, a curse upon her, a feral snarl, a cussing of what she had done. It was quiet, a loud silence she wasn't sure she liked coaxing against her ears she had to remind herself to breathe. The ticking off of time without sound seemed to help her emotions melt away, and she gained the control she needed. Her lips were sealed, waiting for him to say something that might prove she wasn't wasting her time, wasting air and thoughts on him. There was no need to be any more nonsensical like that night. Never again.

There was no click of her tongue, twitch of her tail, or even hint of a blink when he confessed what he had been holding back without knowing. The red maned took her own time to pause, to exist while mulling over what he had said. She did not understand why that had been hard to say, why it couldn't have been spoken in the first place. Was that kind of love hard to admit? The question toyed with her mind, made her brows furrow, but her silver eyes watched him closely wondering what tormented him so. There was a strong will to stay where she stood, forbidding herself to do any more. When his deep tone began again Faelene didn't find herself wondering, but merely listening, focusing to what he was trying to tell her. Then she felt a little better feeling she hadn't second guessed him, but she couldn't escape what he was saying all together. How there was broken things that wouldn't mend that were not her doing. Mauja she did not think drove his family away, or squeezed them to tightly. He had no control over anyone's actions, but his own. Did being a parent make that reality hard to see?

For once she didn't want to be holding more questions without answers, but she no longer felt the want to leave him. Maybe, that had been the trigger and did she really want to add to the lines of his face?

Slowly, at first she merely stepped closer, and then quietly pressed her nose to his as he had done. How Faelene played the part of the comforter could at times baffle her, but in a sense playing that part soothed her own soul, gave it means to repair itself.

"Though I may not be sorry for the act, I am sorry for the grief. I just didn't want to wreck more havoc by staying. But you? Drive them away? I don't believe that." Once more appeared the dark lady with the crimson hair, giving him a hardened look by the shake of her head."It wouldn't surprise me if your boy went looking for you, and Sno? I can only imagine what she thinks she has to live up too. The rest I do not know..." Silver eyes did soften, momentarily meeting bright blue if he should allow. Swiftly her gaze found the imperfect lines of a tree, and the tension,anxiety was no more. Her voice was a thoughtful murmur."I always thought family was a strong bond, knowing what a parent will do for a child. But the heart is hard to translate. I stay here because I feel ties to those like me. Sister, brother by are blood split and the weapons carried on our brows. Don't we all have to find are own path, what's right for us?" The only parents here were those with very young offspring.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: You're no good, you don't cry like you should - by Faelene - 04-10-2013, 11:18 PM