the Rift

You're no good, you don't cry like you should
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
<3

And so, it seemed that whatever had bothered them, and pulled them apart, faded. While he let the words pour out, to explain himself, she stayed put, listening; he appreciated it. It would've been so easy for her to just disappear again and run away, away from his explanations and reasoning, but she didn't. She stayed near him, and he thought that she was listening, for even as his voice grew silent she did not speak, merely looked thoughtful. Mauja's ears fell back slightly. While it had felt good to get these words out, and off his chest, he was still anxious, worried — not just of losing the chance of truly knowing one of his own brood, but worried of driving Faelene away, too.. ruining what they had, whatever it was, that sliver of friendship. As one who wore masks so often he knew how much it took to let the mask slip, and now that he had begun to catch glimpses of others around him, and their true selves, he was loath to lose it.. because he knew what lay beneath.

"Ah," she finally said, and he felt himself relax even more, exhaling deeply. It sounded like.. like she'd understood, processed it, and come to realize that he was neither cruel nor indifferent. What would happen in the future was still unknown, though, but knowing that she, in some way, understood would make it easier to make it through the days. A small, hesitant smile unfolded on his face; it almost faded when she said she might've done the same thing, but then grew stronger as she gave him a faint one in return. It felt better, like healing, even if they had a ways to go still.

She seemed tired, though, drawing away with an open query. "Wouldn't we'd call it a night?" he said with a brief grin, motioning to the dark shadows all around them. Much as he wanted to tell her to go and catch some rest, he found himself frowning, searching for his voice and the words. "Just.. one more. Psyche. Know that I have every intention of being in the child's, and.. your, life, I think it is best I talk to Psyche before I'm, err, seen with you. I think she'd take it worse if she found out by rumor — and if she gets angry, she can take it out on me when I tell her." He gave a small shrug, trying to gauge her reaction.. afraid she'd think him a coward, but at the same time, having Psyche on their side — or at least not spitting mad about it — would make things a lot easier.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
RE: You're no good, you don't cry like you should - by Mauja - 05-04-2013, 05:39 AM