the Rift

When Will This Madness End?

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not.
It's just the beginning.
KANTI

Brown chocolate eyes seek comfort in the blue eyes I stare into. My mistress is roaming, and I sit upon her flat back on the look out. There is a foal beside us, my mistress’s own, and we move at a slow pace so the small filly doesn’t fall behind. It’s been an interesting few weeks. We left the Foothills after the Invasion of the Grey began, and we sat from a distance and watched as our home was taken. My mistress cried, showing the pain of her homeland being taken over by those that didn’t deserve it. She moved now, head hung low. There was nothing she could do; she was helpless to help them. What could she have done? I watch as she looks at the foal beside her and smiles, knowing that she did the right thing by staying out of it. But the Grey was no place for a new mother and her newborn child. I cannot relay this to her. My words cannot form, and even the way I think is childish, but she gives me words of more complex speech, and I try to make more complicated language, but it is very difficult still. We are struggling, and I’m also useless to do anything about it. I wish I was bigger, stronger, more able, but I’m not. I’m small, only one month now, and a little bigger, but not big enough. I think the emotion sadness grows inside my heart, and Kanti senses it. She stops and turns around and looks at me. She nuzzles me, filling me with comfort, and I smile weakly at her. We are both sad, but we need to be strong for Cat. We continue moving on, and suddenly Kanti stops. Her hooves move in a substance that’s strange to me. I hop down and land in it. It’s a strange color and texture, and the air around me smells different. She laughs; telling me we are near the ocean, and what I’m standing on is sand. Sand. Ocean. I’m still very confused, but I walk to the filly, wondering if she wants to play.

Speaking | Thinking | Doing

Notes;; From Kyan's perspective
Words;; 356
Tag;; For Catalina and Sandman

Messages In This Thread
When Will This Madness End? - by Kanti - 03-15-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: When Will This Madness End? - by Catalina - 03-17-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: When Will This Madness End? - by Sandman - 03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: When Will This Madness End? - by Kanti - 03-18-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: When Will This Madness End? - by Catalina - 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: When Will This Madness End? - by Sandman - 03-31-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: When Will This Madness End? - by Kanti - 04-15-2013, 04:43 PM