the Rift

Losing My Mind [Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The seconds passed by in comfortable silence as Murdock watched the mare, his ears tipped forward in a show of curiosity as her eyes scanned the sparse canopy overhead. Ailith’s lavender gaze traced over the drooping boughs of the oak before settling upon one curled leaf, its edges folded in to form a perfect dish. Her lips reached out to grab the wilted leaf, absorbed in her careful task as she pulled it free from the branch, taking care not to spill its contents of cool rainwater. Murdock’s head tipped to the side as the mare tenderly stepped toward him, her body nearing his as she reached out for his wound. He turned his head to follow her movements, silent so as not to disturb her from her work while he looked on.

He was impressed, if not slightly confused, by her focus in this task. Wide green eyes watched intently as her crown tilted to the side, frosted forelock falling over her eyes as she reached for the coagulated laceration. Cool rainwater spilled across the smooth surface of the dished leaf to fall across the wound, his skin twitching as he inhaled sharply against the cold. The dirt that had accumulated along the edges of the lesion was washed away, leaving it much cleaner despite the dark blood that remained matted into his short coat. Despite the renewed pain, the irritating presence of dirt had been banished from the open wound. The stallion’s eyes lifted to meet hers, his lips curling in a smile of appreciation as he nodded his head to her words. He should have sought out Apollo as soon as the battle was finished, but he knew that his wounds were mere scratches in comparison to those others had received, and so he had waited.

Her eyes lit up at the mention of rain, and Murdock couldn’t help but smile at her childish excitement. He had never liked the rain. Snow on the other hand, had always appealed to him; as a child he would spend an infinite number of hours playing in the deep drifts until his mother called him away from the cliffs. He was pleased that his new home in the Foothills was close to the white plains of the north, and every now and then a breath of wind would carry the scent of snow down through the mountains. Now, the dampness of rain filled his nostrils, and from where he stood beneath the sheltering boughs of the oak, the occasional drop of water still managed to leak through the protective barrier of branches to dash across his black hide. It splashed gently upon his pale feathers, streaking down the smooth vanes to drop back onto the soil and return itself to the earth.

Following his hesitant introduction, Ailith seemed to eye him with thoughtfulness that bordered upon judgment. He tensed beneath her lavender gaze, but her face remained soft and kind and her gentle voice soon broke the silence once more. Murdock dipped his head in acknowledgment, a soft laugh shaking his sides. She was remarkably intelligent, and he was impressed by her insight. Perhaps she was a scholar, though originally he thought her to be a medic of sorts; she seemed to know what she was doing when it came to handling injuries. “Perhaps I owe it a second chance, then,” he said with a smile, looking out toward the vibrant green fields that spanned out for miles in every direction.

At the mention of ‘teaching’, Murdock’s ears perked in curiosity. Despite his thick drawl and colt-ish appearance, he was quite intelligent and enjoyed learning whenever the opportunity arose. His eyes brightened inquisitively as he studied her, his head tipping to the side as his lips parted. “Are you a scholar?” He asked, his weight shifting in the damp earth as he leaned his shoulder against the tree. Ailith looked the type to be a warrior, but her knowledge seemed to hint at other fields of study. “I am a most willing student if you would care to share these teachings,” his smile broadened expectantly, chin tipping down to meet her gaze, “after all, knowledge is power”.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM