the Rift

Losing My Mind [Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

Quietly, the mare assessed her work and smiled. Whatever had encouraged her to push through her mental walls had been something that was altogether out of her knowledge. She possessed no understanding of the emotions she experienced while near this strange warrior, but they drove her to stay by his side in the storm. Everyone needed someone to lean on when things got heavy and this ebony vision was no different. His face had told her that he had once lived and lived by his heart no less. The curvatures of his lips made her want to brush the tender flesh around them, make her question why he appeared so pained. Was he missing a part of himself that she was not aware of? There were many things that she longed to know and yet she held herself back and away from his curious gaze. Her heart had long ago been turned to stone and nothing in it would stir until the day came that her heard somehow connected to her heart once again. However, she did not believe that such a day would come anytime soon- this was just the beginning of her own war and she intended to fight for it.

She could still remember small parts of her past in spite of the distance she had placed between herself and such dismal times. Her mother had been a creature very much like herself, one who had been so devoted to life and the meaning therein. She longed to mimic her mother’s passion one day, but it would be something that proved to be long out of her grasp.

However, even when the opportunities seemed to present themselves, Ailith could not help but struggle with her choices. Even now as Murdock grew still beneath her scrutiny she could not help but wonder why. Had she not showed him compassion, friendship? She wanted to believe that he thought the best of her but it was not entirely critical because first impressions were not always things that one could live by. She didn’t want this stallion to think her ignorant or arrogant in spite of her hasty introduction, but instead strong and willful… Maybe he would see such attributes in her in their time spent together, for surely they would see each other around more often than not. After all, even if he had wanted to steer clear of her, she was already too intrigued with him to stay away.

You owe everything a second chance if you ask me. I think everyone is owed a mistake or two, don’t you think? Even if they are unchanging like the rain, there is still a goodness about them that should be acknowledged.” Her heart seemed to thud with every word as if marking them for sincerity. She was entirely new to such interaction and in most cases she would have avoided such revelations entirely. But she felt that she could share herself with Murdock because she trusted that he would have faith in opinions no matter how threadbare.

When his eyes seem to light from within at her mention of schooling him of her knowledge, she smiled deeply. There was something about the stallion that made her curious even if she could not put a name to it. He was exuberant at times, almost like a child that craved attention, which was a defining thing for him. That’s not to say that she thought ill of such a trait but more so found it endearing; she quite enjoyed his sense of curiosity because it was a light within these dark clouds of grey. “I am no scholar by any means, though I appreciate the workings of the mind. It is something that all too often defines a creature and you my fine friend are a curious creature indeed.

Her eyes grew still upon him now eager for response as if she had posed a question for him to answer and perhaps she had, if only figuratively so, and now desired an answer that would explain his sudden change of heart. She was certainly interested in all that he had to say and even more so by the things he didn’t.

OOC|| I'm sorry about the wait, I've been swamped. x.x

Messages In This Thread
Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 04-08-2013, 01:35 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 04-09-2013, 11:13 PM