the Rift

Losing My Mind [Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

Curiosity seemed to spark in Ailith’s eyes like it did in the eyes of so many others. What was it about him that was so fascinating? He had never found himself to be ‘special’, though others would say otherwise. He was merely an outcast from his homeland, someone who didn’t belong but would spend the rest of his life searching for a place where he would feel at home once more. Perhaps he would never find that place, but he would continue looking. He enjoyed staying out of the spotlight, avoiding the eye and scrutiny of others around him lest their judgment prove unfavorable; however, his antics seemed to do quite the opposite for him.

Ailith, on the other hand, was a truly curious being. Everything from her compassion to the intricate markings upon her back had him yearning to know more, yet he allowed no questions to flow from his mouth. He tended to talk too much, especially in the presence of those he was not well acquainted with. However, he felt that the mare could become a good friend to him, as they seemed to think alike. Of course, her mind was nowhere near as eccentric as his, but her patience and knowledge was something he admired.

He cocked a heel in the damp earth as she spoke, ears perked as the rhythmic tune of rain drops sounded in the leaves overhead. His sides shook slightly as he laughed, and he nodded to her. “Indeed, I do see your point.” Could he really have been so ignorant? He was never one for deep thought, but she had presented him with such an interesting proposition that he couldn’t help but ponder it. His eyes drifted out to the dark mountainsides, his gaze tracing the sharp edges of the cliffs up toward the haze of clouds. Rain made for poor flying weather, but really, it wasn’t all that bad.

A smile grew upon his lips as he turned back to her, the dull pain in his shoulder forgotten thanks to her assistance. He laughed as she spoke once more, dipping his head in acknowledgment. “If you appreciate the workings of the mind, I invite you to study mine,” he said with a broadening grin. His ‘original’ personality had always been a topic of interest for both medics and philosophers alike, and he was pleased to find she took note of it as well. Perhaps he was not truly insane, but he hid the truth deep within his mind.

His thoughts inevitably drifted back to the invasion that had taken place a mere few days earlier, and with a slight shake of his head he tried to dismiss it; but it was not so easy. It had not truly been a victory, though the Grey had won, but they had an immense advantage of numbers on their side. Jackal had not even shown his face. How did that affect the morale of his warriors? Murdock tipped his head slightly, emerald eyes meeting those of soothing magenta. “Tell me, is it hard to have to switch sides? To suddenly have to call the ‘outsiders’ your family?” Perhaps it was not smart to bring such a topic to light, but curiosity killed the cat, not the horse, he reasoned.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

Got my computer back!

Messages In This Thread
Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Murdock - 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Losing My Mind [Open] - by Ailith - 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM