the Rift

[PRIVATE] Cracks begin to show
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia heard her name spoken from lips that rarely interact with her, and she furrowed her brows, expression darkening some. The first emotion she felt was anger at being interrupted, darkness at calling her from the pit she had fallen into. She did not want to be saved, not now. Life was easier in the shadows; they embraced you tightly, told you that everything was okay. The light did nothing but judge, scrutinize, and illuminate your failures.

She turned her sharp gaze to see Midas, and he moved closer. The anger shifted into confusion and eventually guilt, and Ophelia clenched her jaw and stared out at the rising of the sun with a sense of bitterness. Her ears tilted back ever so slightly as he took notice of her current condition, and she dared him to mention it. Not that she would lash out in any way or form, but she was sick of everyone dancing around the fact that she was pregnant. Ophelia frowned ever so slightly at the hatred that filled her mind. She should calm, but the storm in her soul raged ever on ward.

Midas stepped to her right side, and she looked up to see the tree shed a few orange leaves in the wake of a cool breeze. She stiffened at his question. Well was a curious word. What did it truly mean? Was she well? Well, certainly. In a sense. She was alive, living, breathing, existing and passing on her blood to another as it formed inside of her. So in a sense, she was evolutionarily quite superb. Emotionally? Not so much.

"I am coping," she replied honestly, and she was. Ophelia may not be the best at managing her own emotions, but at least she was not verbally screaming at anyone who gave her a sideways glance.

Midas did not exactly look to be in the best of states either, and she could not keep her compassion from leaking into her eyes, softening them ever so slightly. "You look unsettled," she commented, trying to be kinder in words than her actual impression. In all honesty, he looked as if he had the world beneath him torn out from his hooves. "What happened?" she asked curiously, genuinely desiring to help in some way. Perhaps that would absolve her of her sins.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Cracks begin to show - by Ophelia - 04-18-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: Cracks begin to show - by Midas - 04-19-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: Cracks begin to show - by Ophelia - 04-22-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Cracks begin to show - by Midas - 04-27-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Cracks begin to show - by Ophelia - 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: Cracks begin to show - by Midas - 06-02-2013, 11:12 PM