the Rift

[OPEN] The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

... is simply in your eyes...

I had paced far too long along the sand. My large hooves had left many sets of hoof prints in the sand as dusk slowly began to creep in. I had paced a while, at least a few hours. My mind was just analyzing things; current events, the threat from the Basin, close to everything.

We needed more soldiers and a stronger defense, but there was most certainly no doubt that we needed information before making any moves. Any certain plans regarding a move from the Basin would need to be discovered and obstructed. With more from what I had heard, the more that my heart pounded with frustration and something I had rarely felt... anger.

Perhaps what I needed was a break for a bit. But my mind would not let me rest. I could not nap when there was work to be done. It simply was not part of my code of honor, my moral, or what made me me. I was a relentless individual that simply did not stop. I was tenacious and my perseverance told my soul to continue. I had not slept since the meeting of two days ago and surprisingly, fatigue had not yet seeped into my body.

My legs continued to pace and I shook my head, sending my ink black mane everywhere. My large antlers also followed the direction. Their strong hold on my skull made me smile slightly as they reminded me just how beautiful yet deadly something could be. Just like the Dragon's Throat and just like them.

My silver lined eyes bored straight into the ground as I stopped in my tracks. I raised my head and stared at the oasis in the distance. The small sliver of the sun was beginning to rise and was reflected upon the oasis' surface. Maybe that's where I needed to be; the Oasis. Just to relax and try to escape.

"And my, how my body will greet sleep when that moment miraculously occurs."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris - by Avalon - 04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris - by Iris - 04-24-2013, 03:05 AM
RE: The Truth Beyond What Lies || Iris - by Avalon - 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM