the Rift

[OPEN] Burdens of the HEART

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Her smile is infectious and all-consuming. For a moment, Déodat is content to merely look upon her with adoration- his Queen, his friend. He is taken with her, intrigued by her, and furthermore quite confident in her abilities to draw him out from within himself. It is a sickening thing that confuses and unsettles him, but he is forgiving if only in her favor. However, is it not long that he is allowed to muse over her meaning or the way her eyes seem to set when laid upon him, no, he is called away from his daydreaming in order to accommodate Arah- the Aurora Basin Impersonator.

He chuckles at the title, amused that such things were even possible among Unicorns, but he is compliant nonetheless. Arah is adamant about her duty and perhaps that is all that is needed to convince Déodat of her worth. She does not fight alongside him in battle, but perhaps she is somewhere in the warzone working to improve their odds… But when she turns a curious eye to him, it is all he can do not to smile at her expense. “I am but a basic soldier, no bells or whistles to my service- just the primal instinct to protect what is mine.

The slightest glance is cast away from the ghostly Impersonator towards his Nurse and unprotested friend; would he fight in her name or simply in the name of inclusion, of family? The thought troubles him and he decides to abandon it immediately because there is nothing worthwhile about worrying himself over imagined delusions of the heart, only burdens in the name of love. Instead he begins to busy himself with the persistent banter of the two mares, more than satisfied to listen to their quiet tones echo through the dark caverns of his equally quiet mind.

The songs they sing are healing, inspiring… and he is lost to their chords only because they allow him escape.
image credits

OOC| They will get longer again, I'm just trying to get caught up. <3
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
Burdens of the HEART - by Déodat - 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Burdens of the HEART - by Arah - 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: Burdens of the HEART - by Arah - 06-05-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Burdens of the HEART - by Lena - 05-05-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: Burdens of the HEART - by Déodat - 05-05-2013, 04:16 PM