the Rift

[OPEN] THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Beginning, middle, end… My life has never reached such a point. I feel as if I am still waiting to start the first chapter to my life, my story, my everlasting tale. I breathe in and out and then lose myself.

This is only the beginning.

Frostfall has come and coated my world in snow and ice, but I enjoy it. It is peaceful and beautiful and most of all, it is wild. It makes me feel alive and jubilant because it twists my nerves with cold fingers that turn my blood to ice and my mind to silence. I do not think and I do not worry, I only feel.

As I press through the snowy drifts of the Edge, I begin to realize how little I truly know about it or how it came to be. The pieces are foreign and better left broken because I fear that I will not know how to cope with the answers. I am unsure of many things; furthermore I am ill-informed… I have heard news of Torasin’s death on the breeze, but it is not something that I have encountered first-hand. How will I take it… once his passing has been confirmed? We were close, but not close enough… We were family, but we were not friends. I fear that I am discovering some disconnect that has threatened to overcome me for some time. I long to know the answers… but am I strong enough to survive them?

Everything feels lost to me.

I don’t know what’s been going on around me other than the changing of the seasons. Have I simply fallen off the ledge and accepted my fate as a mere outsider to the family that had once held me together? Would it be best for everyone if I took leave, a break… anything to soothe the confusion? I needed the Dragon Queen if I planned to rise from the ashes of my imaginary flames. She would once again save me from the doubt and delusions that cloud my uncertain mind. I needed her light and her guidance…

Or perhaps I needed nothing at all.

Perhaps I only needed to drop away from all that made me uncertain. But why would I ever let my cowardice get in the way of something that I was once so adamant about? I needed an intervention of sorts or a kick in the ass. Whatever the case, I needed to take action even if it killed me.

The cold breeze began to wind around my face, moving the thick chords from side to side as I lifted my song to the skies above. I sought a meeting with the Dragon Queen. The slender wings along my back shifted in the cold as I waited, knowing that when she arrived she would be just as whimsical as the day I met her. She was rightfully born to rule; I could see it in the way she moved. Had it always been so easy or was I meant to struggle, meant to learn and grow from accepting a position of power… I had been given this life and now that it had begun to shape its way around me like a fitted cloak, I fear that I have begun to feel its restrictions- which naturally does not sit well with me, being that I am a pretty hefty creature in retrospect.

When I look to the skies again, I imagine that I see a golden dragon upon the current through the snow. But alas, it is only my imagination and I realize that I feel no shame in asking for help… In fact, I should have done it sooner.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-15-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-19-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM