the Rift

[OPEN] Fading Memories [Amara, Open]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Mom is more aggressive than usual. I haven't seen Uncle Tonka in what seems like weeks, and when I'm back at the Arch, Mom is either glueing me to her side, for my safety, or I'm walking through the caves exploring, looking for Uncle Tonka and calling his name. Whenever Mom would hear me call his name and I was near, she would just look at me with hurt and pain. I think Mom is hiding something from me, and when I ask her where he is, she simply shakes her head and wanders away. Uncle Tonka is part of my life, like Daddy is, and him missing makes me feel sad.
We went to the Threshold once, just Mom and I, and even though I met one extremely beautiful lady, a seemingly nice winged man who ended up yelling at all of us, and a lady who needed to be so rude, we were left with Mom more angry at things. The whole walk home I listened to her mumble hateful words, and when we returned home, she just went to our cave and went to bed. Lately, I've be more lonely than usual, so hunting down Amara could be interesting. She was partically my only friend, and I needed to go on a nice adventure.
I had been heading south for some time now, moving away from the North now that there were gale force winds(and surely, I'd be swept away and people would see an Unicorn flying while yelling "weeee!!!" the whole time), when something happened. My birth, or as far as I could remember it, was in the dark. The first look I ever got of stars was short lived, and in the endless night that just swept in, you would of thought I knew every star and crater in the Moon. One problem: there was never stars for me to study, and a Moon to light my way. Until tonight.
Each small eye was gazing, my body eloped in the tall dead grasses that surrounded this area, when a twinkle popped up. I must be going crazy, but as I gazed in awe, there was another beside it. Another came with it, and then it all just happened.
The sky must of burst into flames, sparks of white light danced the Tango, waltzed with grance, and finally, the Moon herself gave a beautiful form of ballet where she almost grew wings of moondust, and became the masterpiece of the whole show. What gasp was building up in my throat wasn't stopped, and I stared with curiousity. Somewhere, Daddy was probably staring up at the sky, looking at it like I was. He probably wasn't looking at it the same way I was looking at it, but just looking altogether. Though, I somehow reacted badly to this incident once everything seemed to end.
I screamed. I screamed so loud the birds in the tall grasses flew in fear, wishing to escape my sudden outburst. I've always been taught to be brave, to be kind, to good to those around while keeping my innocence around, but I'm having a hard time doing just that right now. Something moved in the grasses, and as I stood up fast, and saw just a wild dog take off and run away to their owner. The sight of it made me lose it, and as fast as I went up, I dropped into the grasses and hide. What a coward I happen to be....
Darkness seemed brighter around me, and there was warmth in this place. The hole in the ground was nice to know, but what kind of monsters just existed near it? Birds returned and chirped in the trees, my small ears moving back and forth to hear their every sound. A crackle moves out of the fire, and in return, I duck deeper into the grasses. This is my sign. My sign that I'm never going to be great.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - by Sikeax - 07-24-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - by Amara - 07-24-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - by Sikeax - 07-24-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - by Amara - 07-24-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - by Sikeax - 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM