the Rift

Them Bones

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

With five colorful scales now in my posession, it was time to move on to the other items required for the Lord of Fire to fit me in the finest layer of armour. To enable the Lord of Fire to cloak me in the finest armour, I was still in need of a metal crafter and a small collection of dragon bones. Due to the lack of magic throughout the land, I settled on the latter and made my way towards the Marsh, but I wasn't without company.

Much to my eternal happiness, several members of my personal family as well as the Qian had offered their assistance in the removal of bones from the Marsh. I had half expected them to think me crazy, requesting they follow me to the dark and dangerous marsh deep within Helovia, to take the remains of a once living creature from the gunk and mud... But the reception I had received had been good, and as I traveled towards the bog, I was thankful I wasn't doing it alone.

"You've not strayed this far from home before, have you, Luken?" The question was directed to my son as we penetrated the borders of the eerie marsh, the ground beneath me already starting to give under my hefty weight and making a squelching noise. The words I spoke to my pale son were simply out of curiosity, for while I did find myself often worrying of my children's whereabouts, I knew they needed space and time to explore the world by themselves. So long as they kept safe, I didn't mind them wandering.

Also joining us was my fellow Windleader, Kaj. We had yet to learn much of each other even though I so desperately wanted to; perhaps this would be our chance to get away from our herd duties, if only for a little while, and truly learn a little about one another. In the end I was certain it would do good for the both of us, cause us to grow closer and thus strengthen the bond that came with holding the same rank. A third had joined our party, a mare I knew resided in the Edge but I knew nothing of her. A pale red dun in color, I knew I had seen her on occasion during patrols and simple wandering, but I'd not ever approached her until now. My chest tightened in guilt at the realization, but maybe now, I could make up for that. "Have you traveled here before, Kaj?" I spoke up, extending the same question to my fellow pale Winglead as I had my son, my tone pure curiosity. My gaze switched to the mare, then, a gentle smile pulling at my features. "And what about you? I don't believe we have met before; pardon my manners. My name is Destrier."

Going deeper into the marsh, it was literally impossible to keep our movements quiet and unnoticed. Perched on my withers, her claws entangled at the base of my mane near the rune hanging from it, Suli looked on as we traveled, taking in the strange sights and the pungent smell that came with the location. With every step came an unpleasant sucking sound as the ground threatened to pull us down, but never did I stand in one place for too long. There were a few places where the earth was thicker and more safe to stand upon, but they were hard to come by. In one spot, however, there was a cluster of these 'islands' and I figured it the safest of places to begin our search. Inhaling a deep breath, I exchanged a glance with all who were present and cast them a smile. "Thank you again for volunteering for this," I said before turning my gaze back to the murky waters below, "Shall we?"

With that, my front hooves stepped into the dirty, reeking waters and I began to dig, feeling for anything that could possibly be a bone. 'So long as it isn't the long lost remains of anything else,' I thought to myself, resisting a shudder at the mere thought of finding something I was not looking for. From my back, I could feel Suli leap from her position and go diving rather merrily into the waters to begin her own search.

[ooc - For Kaj, Luken, Resplendence, and anyone else who would like to join :3 I imagine Des was like "oh hey who wants to come let's go ;D" beforehand.]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-04-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: Them Bones - by Luken - 08-06-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Resplendence - 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Kaj - 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM