the Rift

[OPEN] Downfall of Decimation [Invasion Defense]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

It all happened so suddenly. In one moment, I had been rushing at Sage with the intent to put forth my next attack on the palomino, but then she rushed away screaming.

'INTRUDERS, DESTRIER!'

Landing back on all fours, I watched, baffled as she rushed away and her words sank in. It didn't take long for me to realize that yes, there was a sudden, strange feeling hanging in the air all around me, coaxing me into action. Go, the mists seemed to say, and so I listened, pushing myself into a gallop after my golden comrade. A moment ago, we had been locked in a brutal fight of our own, but now, duty called and rank was not of importance.

With every stride I took closer to the enemy, a new worry seemed to find its way into my mind. Where were my children? Were the rest of my herd mates already at the site of the brewing battle, and if so, were they alright? I owed it to them to keep them safe, for I was their Wingleader after all, an overseer to their protection. I feared what I might witness once I reached the heart of the fight, there was no denying it, but I had to keep my head up and prepare myself for what was to come. I couldn't afford to lose my head before the fight had even begun; I knew better.

Even from the cover of the trees, I could hear cries of fury and rage, the pounding of hooves against solid earth as the first blows of war were struck. From its perch high in the sky, the moon aided in shedding light down on its favored land, and for it I was thankful. A minuscule flash of white caught my eye, and upon closer inspection I could see that it was my very own Laila, locked in battle with a pale unicorn. I yearned to rush over and help her put an end to her foe, for she was only an acolyte with minimal training, but she was smart and would surely have my head if I stole her glory. Deep down, I was immensely proud of her for standing up for our home, and I prayed that she would walk from the fight with little to no injury.

Reluctantly pulling my gaze from my daughter, my eyes searched for an opponent of my own as I broke from the trees. It was utter chaos all around me, and though my left front leg continued to pound with pain at every step it was forced to take, I didn't allow myself to stop until these intruders had been ousted from my home. Overhead, Suli flew in a wide arc, keeping her eyes peeled for any who might come at me from an odd angle and warn me before they could surprise me.

Today, I would make Bran proud, and I would not allow these intruders to rip our home from us until I was dead and bloodied on the ground.

"Talk."

[Opening post. 0/2 magic/companion uses.]

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Downfall of Decimation [Invasion Defense] - by Destrier - 08-15-2013, 07:58 PM