the Rift

[OPEN] Downfall of Decimation [Invasion Defense]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

The sounds of battle came from every direction. Hooves scuffled against the ground as the Edge fought their assailants, and cries of both pain and anger filled the air around me. It was difficult to pinpoint just how many had broken through our borders, and I found myself unable to rely on my ears alone to find an approaching enemy. Darkness continued to cloak the land as it had for countless weeks, and I nearly cursed it. It had aided in our intruder's unforeseen entry - a feat I could hardly believe - and I would make certain to have a word with my fellow warriors once this was all over with.

Flying overhead, Suli continued to keep an ever watchful eye out, and it didn't take long for me to catch her call of warning on the air. Ahead of me I could see nobody, leaving the only possible location of an attacker to be behind me. As my ears slicked back, I could hear the sound of approaching hoof beats, though they were muffled against the rest of the commotion that always came with battle. From what I could tell, my attacker was coming from my left. Using my hindlegs as the powerhouse of my movement, I sent myself to into a lunge to the right which proved to be a good choice when I felt a sudden, foreign pain.

Horns had met my side, two of them judging from the two burning gashes I could feel at my side. One shorter cut ran just above my stifle, and the other, long one ran from my flank up to the point of my left hip. The tender skin burned furiously, causing a squeal of pain to leave my lips. While the horns had indeed broken skin, I was lucky that they hadn't entered deeper and landed a possibly fatal blow.

After a stride or two, my gaze shifted and watched as my adversary strode behind a tree, only to come out on the other side and face me as I slowed to a trot and faced him head-on. Knowing he had come with the intention to rip what was most precious from me, the sheer sight of him caused my blood to boil and my teeth grit behind my lips in anger. Despite the blotting of the moon, I could tell he was larger than I was, yet his build was much more slender and granted him more speed and agility than I could ever wish to possess. A collection of horns adorned his head, putting me at an even greater disadvantage against him. I'd not yet fought a horned opponent, thus I had no experience in how to successfully dodge such an attack. The closest I had to go off of were the spears and swords I had faced in Vallhea, which were capable of dealing death in a single blow. I needed to be careful.

Keeping my eyes locked on the blue of my foe's, I moved into a canter and ran straight for him. I made a move to the left yards out from him, but then went sharply to the right in an attempt to psych the bay out. I continued my pursuit, picking as much speed up as I was able in the short distance that was left between us, head ducking down so as to avoid any possible oncoming horns, and I threw my front half into a buck as I tried to send my left shoulder into his own. He might have a difficult time getting away with a tree to his immediate right.

When my front feet hit the ground again and were met with the force of my weight, a sharp pain shot up the length of my left front leg where Sage had previously gotten me just minutes ago. Despite this, my back legs kicked out at the other stallion, hoping to knock against his legs if he had yet to get out of range. The attack pulled and stretched the fresh gashes near my hip, nearly causing me to grunt in pain, but they would not stop me. I would not allow the Qian to fall today.

"Talk."

[WC ;; 702. 1/4 posts. 0/2 magic/companion uses.

Hit by Rafe's horns above the stifle/up the flank. Faces Rafe and charges him head-on, feigns to the left, then goes to the right. Bucks and tries to ram left shoulder into Rafe's left shoulder, then kicks out at him in passing.]

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Downfall of Decimation [Invasion Defense] - by Destrier - 08-19-2013, 08:40 AM