the Rift

[OPEN] Downfall of Decimation [Invasion Defense]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

In mere seconds, I had learned my lesson. In the exact moment that I witnessed my blood-coated foe turn his head towards me, I knew I was in trouble, and there was no chance for me to get away from the inevitable stab of those poised daggers.

The only thing I could do was tuck my head closer and try to protect not only it, but my chest as well. A pain unlike any I had ever known before exploded throughout every fiber of my being, causing an unwilling scream of agony to pass my lips. Into the base of my neck and right below the withers did the horns pierce, though their size felt considerably amplified as the pain increased tenfold. The cuts were made jagged due to my movement, the tips of the two horns piercing approximately one inch past the hide, and the only likeliness I might have been able to compare it to was that of a spear. It had been a popular weapon of choice to those in Vallhea, and now, I could understand why it was so effective.

I could feel my hooves hit their mark as I turned away, but I was unaware as to where they had hit the brute. My steps were even more off now, my left foreleg raising higher than the rest and the shoulder dropping down further than it should have. Coupled with my previous injury from Sage, it was a terrible combination to be faced with. Every step was white hot and riddled me with pain, my face twisting into a grimace as I moved away. I was a warrior, yes, but I was still mortal and greatly susceptible to feeling pain.

But I couldn't, I wouldn't fall today.

As I moved in a choppy canter, my eyes strained to keep tabs on the many trees surrounding us, knowing that they could very well aide both myself and my opponent. Hearing him approach from behind, I knew not what he would do, enabling me only to act out in attempt to dissuade those horns from coming my way again. When I could hear his breath and hoofbeats at where I guessed was my left hip, I made an abrupt turn to the right, anticipating the red one's horns to curl towards me and seek my exposed barrel.

Indeed, I did feel them, catching on my shoulder as well as teeth clamping down on the left side of my chest before I could turn completely away. They weren't quite as successful as before, merely breaking the skin and dragging down the length of my shoulder and to the girth. In my turn, I kicked out to the left in an attempt to land another blow on the crimson stallion, the pressure nearly too much for my left foreleg to handle. I stumbled when my hind legs came back down, but I didn't go completely down.

About the same time of my kick, Suli had dropped down silently from the trees and was trailing along behind us, violet eyes locking onto the blue of our foe's. Coming up from Rafe's left, she tilted her body to follow his motion, and only when she judged herself to be close enough did she launch an attack of her own. Reaching out with the clawed appendages of her wings, she tried her best to grab onto whatever was available; a forelock, the base of a horn if possible, or simply his skin. Parting her jaws, she aimed to bite at Rafe's left eye, clamping down as hard as she was able should her bite actually land. Her intentions were to take the eye out entirely, but she would be content with just harming the beast or causing a distraction.

At the next opportunity, I turned to the right around a fairly round tree, jerking my left front harshly upwards when it ached in protest. I couldn't stay at the side of the unicorn, nor in front of him. I needed to get behind him for the best chance of an attack without getting impaled on those daggers of death, and as I rounded the tree entirely, I planned to do just that and continue my trek after him, this time behind him.

"Talk."

[WC ;; 712. 2/4 posts. 1/2 magic/companion uses.

Left shoulder is impaled(one inch) by two of the horns in first attack, then the horns scrape down his left shoulder to his girth. Is bit on the left side of his chest.

Kicks out at Rafe, as Suli comes down and tries to take out Rafe's eye. Des circles to the right around a tree completely, intending to come out behind Rafe.]

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Downfall of Decimation [Invasion Defense] - by Destrier - 08-22-2013, 07:53 AM