the Rift

[OPEN] Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"Members of the Foothills, brothers in sisters as we are, hear my words!" Apollo's booming voice rang out across the land from his place by the glowing waterfall, the churning waters doing little to mask the urgency of his tone. Above him the moon and the stars shone brightly down upon the dark-stricken land. "Hear my words and grace me with your presence... There is much we need to discuss."

Ktulu was gone... And with her, other key-members of the Grey, and Apollo was left to lead them on his own. The thought was... Terrifying. That was, perhaps, the only word that he could think of at the moment. Terrifying, and so very daunting. The lives of those that called the Foothills home were cradled within the tiny spot of protection between his hooves, and the black and white overo was afraid that he would fail them all. That he wouldn't be strong enough, or smart enough, or capable enough to handle leadership all on his own... And yet, he would try. For everyone that had put their faith in him. For Ktulu.

Patiently the Merciful waited, honey-brown orbs lingering upon the Foothills fields as the members trickled in. One by one they would come, he knew, or hoped, at least. Did they respect him enough to show? He was not Ktulu, nor Archibald, nor even Ophelia... Yet he had been loyal to this herd from the very beginning. Hopefully the herd would listen, and understand. He did not hold any ill feelings towards Ktulu, nor Archibald, or anyone else who would follow them. Their lives, their paths were just that; theirs. Apollo would never ask either of them to stray from who they truly were.

Sucking in a deep, almost nervous breath, Apollo spoke. "Perhaps some of you are unaware... Most of you are probably not. We have lost key members of our family these last couple of days. Our good general, Archibald, has left our ranks and the Foothills entirely... And Ktulu has followed him. They wish to follow their hearts, and their hearts were not here. For that, they hold no malice from me, and I should hope that they do not hold any of yours, either." For a second he paused, allowing them time to soak in this new bit of information. "I will remain here, to tend to the herd and all of you... But changes will be happening in order for us to survive. No longer are we a band of mercenaries, but a family, a true herd of the Foothills. We take contracts no longer, and we will swear our allegiance to those who earn our trust."

"Still, despite our great losses, we must continue on. With Archibald gone, the spot of General has opened. Please, if any of you are willing to put your body and soul in such a precarious position, speak up. I would be honored to have you." Soulful eyes roamed the onlooking faces of the herd, his family. "And yet... Do not think I am forcing you all to stay. I know that I am not Ktulu, and I am not aquainted with some of you like I would like to be... But I will not hold you prisoner if you wish to leave and follow Archibald and Ktulu. If you wish to stay, then I thank you with an open heart, and if you wish to go, then I bid you speak now."

"I won't lie to any of you; we are vulnerable. Eyes and ears have their sights set on our home, and we must strengthen our numbers, and ourselves, in order to survive this oncoming storm. We need to act. For too long our hills have been silent and slacking. If any of you have suggestions as to what you believe we can do, or if you have anything to offer, don't hesitate to speak... Please."

And then, Apollo quieted and waited for the first to speak.

[ooc: This is a Mandatory Herd Meeting. In order to keep things going, posting order is a lie. Please post your character by 10/01. If you wish to request a rank change of any kind, or any position, say so in your post, please! Failure to do so will result in your character being Outcasted.]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Apollo - 09-17-2013, 07:41 PM