the Rift

[OPEN] Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>

I had been alone for some time, silently contemplating life and what it had left for me. There seemed to be little, no matter how hard I tried to make a difference in my own life and the lives of others. My Father thought me a disgrace, an ugly smear to his reputation. My Mother was often too busy to probably even think of me, and even when she did grace these lands with her presence, her visits were short and to the point. I cared not to think of all the foals I'd seen in times past, romping with their parents and siblings, lazing in the warmth of the sun before it had left us, simply spending time together as a family. For most, such simple things were taken for granted, but for me, it was all that I had ever wanted.

The words of the newest Chief to the Foothills, Apollo, rang out and beckoned for the presence of those that still resided in the Foothills. Our exact numbers weren't something I was completely aware of, but I knew our numbers were small. The thought was startling, for I knew we were terribly vulnerable to invasion. If it did come down to something like that, and we were booted from our home, what then? I had no other place to go, no humble parents nor siblings to welcome me back into their own homes when my own was ripped away from me... Perhaps I could find Roskuld again, but judging from our last meeting when the darkness had first fallen, I doubted I was somebody she wanted to see.

Since the attack on Helovia, I'd found a new fascination with my birthright magic and found myself using it as often as I could. So with the order of my Chief, I allowed the darkness to consume me fully from where I stood, wrapping about me until I was no more. When it let loose of its hold on me, I was then standing before the cascading waterfall, pupiless eyes cast to the overo stallion. At the sight of Apollo, I cast him a gentle, silent smile; he was, perhaps, the only true friend I had left. I would serve him well until I could no more, unless he, too, eventually slipped soundlessly out of my life.

It came as no surprise to me to hear that more had left. Archibald had deserted us, and with him, Ktulu. I knew neither of them well, had never spoken a word to them to be honest, and so I couldn't say I really felt anything at the news. What did bother me, however, was the fact that they knew they'd left their family weak and vulnerable. As Apollo had explained, I didn't blame them for following their hearts, but I thought it jaded the way it had all worked out. I pitied Apollo for the sudden weight he must now carry alone, but I respected him all the more for it.

"... As young as I am, I'm not sure how much I can help," I spoke up once the Chief had quieted for the rest of us to speak, "But I'll stand with you, Apollo, whatever you decide. If ever you need something of me, then I'll carry it out. I've grown tired of the comings and goings of our members, and I don't wish for it to happen any longer. You may not be Ktulu nor Ophelia, but you hold the title of Chief for a reason, and I'll not stand to watch all of your hard work crumble on our behalf."

"talk talk talk"
  in the corner of a dark room.
breathless-dk, EveLivesey, and Burtn @ deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Mesec - 09-17-2013, 08:39 PM