Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Solace

I'm ashamed that I'm barely human
I'm ashamed that I don't have a heart you can break
I'm just action and other times reaction

Solace heard the familiar voice of Apollo. He joined the others amongst the group. There was still that sense of being a stranger invading an intimate family meeting, but he decided to ignore the feeling for the time being. He was still new to the herd, it would just take time for him to learn and get to know his herdmates.

His attention was pulled from his own thoughts as Apollo began to speak. They had lost even more members of the herd .When Solace had first arrived he remembered the first meeting that discussed one of the previous chieftains had left, now another one had followed. He was sure many felt a deep loss, but he himself wasn’t involved enough to have even spoken with the other members, with the exception of Apollo that cold night in the Threshold.

The opportunity for others to take upon the rank of general had opened up. Solace had no interest in any kind of power. It held far too much responsibility, and he himself wasn’t a strong enough warrior. Let those that loved this herd more than he, and those that craved power take the rank. He would always be but a follower, and he was content with that life.

Solace looked at the Pegasus that expressed his interest in the role first, and then at the unicorn. Vaguely, he remembered seeing both at the previous herd meeting. He studied them both for a long time, but then turned his gaze back to Apollo. He could only imagine what sort of pressure was upon the his leader’s shoulders. This would be a test for is leadership, Solace thought. If he could bring this broken family together and defend them from the threats that loomed outside of the Foothills.

A need to speak hit Solace. This wasn’t a need he was particularly used to having, but for once he felt it that body language wouldn’t be enough to express his thoughts.

“I know I am still very new to this family, and not acquainted with basically any of you… But I will stand by you Apollo, and all of my brothers and sisters.” He paused briefly as he tried to collect words in his mind and a look of determination crossed over his features. “One thing I do know about this herd is that we are strong, and if we stay true to each other I believe we can make it through this darkness.”

He almost couldn’t believe those words had come out of his mouth. Solace didn't believe himself the type for eloquence or speeches. But then again, everything about his life lately had been changing. Potential changes in himself really shouldn’t surprise him anymore.

"Speech”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Solace - 09-19-2013, 12:12 PM