the Rift

[OPEN] Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
They all came, one by one, at his beckoning call. Mesec was the first to arrive, then Murdock, Phaedra, his beloved sister Andreas, Artemis, Solace, Raeden... Some he knew quite well and others not so much. On and on they came, and each of them had a bit to say upon their arrival. Apollo listened with grateful ears, emotion welling as they arrived and proclaimed their loyalty to him. What had he done to deserve their kindness? To deserve their profound words of understanding and sentiment? Honey-brown orbs lingered upon each of their faces, the faces of his family, and fear rose anew in his breast. What if he couldn't protect them? He was no warrior, no knight in armor who could protect them from the very real, visceral threat of an invasion.. What if he let them down? Apollo had never considered himself as 'leader' material, and yet... Here he was.

Ophelia and Ktulu had left him with little resources, abandoned him with a contract he had never wanted and a kingdom that was crumbling upon its foundation... And yet the only thing Apollo wanted, yearned for, was to not let his family down. Those assembled... They were not his herd. They were his family, just as the Grey had been... And now they looked to him for guidance.

"T-thank you, all of you." Apollo whispered to each of them, swallowing thickly to speak past the thickness that collected in his throat. Their words, their praise... Each of them offered something different. Murdock, whome Apollo had yet to truly spend quality time with, spoke up in yearning to become their next General. He was an avid, faithful warrior, Apollo knew... And then Artemis did the same. Both were great candidates, offering him and the Foothills the protection that they needed. For a few moments Apollo silently mulled over who would be the better choice, and then came to a conclusion in itself.

Offering both Murdock and Artemis a smile, thankfulness shining in the depths of his soulful gaze, the Merciful spoke. "Good Artemis, loyal Murdock... I hereby appoint both of you to rank of General. As we are a family, I hope that both of you can discuss ways to improve our home, and work together to train those who shall look to you for guidance. Thank you so much for your dedication, to me, and to those who stand around us now."

Out of all of those that arrived, only one had decided to leave. Raeden, Phaedra's daughter... Her words were not surprising for the black and white overo to hear, but he gave her a respectful dip of his head regardless. They had not spent much time together as well, but Raeden had still been a part of the family. To see her go was painful no matter their relation. "Be safe, Raeden... I hope that your journey fulfills whatever is driving your heart. Travel safe, dear one."

Lakota spoke, and Apollo's eyes lingered on her, sadness apparent in his gaze. He didn't like the way that she spoke, the self-depreciating words that flowed from her lips with practiced ease. Did she not know that she was revered here? Once, Lakota had saved his life... Did she not know that she was so much more to him, than just a medic? Apollo dipped his head to the mare's direction, and promised himself that later, they would speak. Something was troubling the violet-eyed mare, and the overo swore that he would figure out just what it was.

Once more the Chief's gaze traveled over those of his companions, and they paused upon meeting those beautiful green orbs of Phaedra. A soft, almost nostalgic breath left him... Oh, Phaedra. Once she had stood so tall and proud, so stalwart and certain, and now... Now she looked as though she was uncertain as to what she wanted, or where she should go. Simply put, she looked lost. Would Phaedra stay in the grasses of the hills? Or would she follow the example of Ophelia and Ktulu, and so many others, and part ways? No matter her decision, the stag only wished for her happiness... And yet, Phaedra had been loyal to the Foothills. She had been loyal to the Grey, even before Apollo had entered Helovia. She had only wanted what was best for them, even if her ways of showing it had been different... "Phaedra," he called to her, lips forming the female's name with plain affection, "These times are uncertain. I have promised to do what I can for this herd... But I cannot do it alone."

A small, hopefully reassuring smile pulled the stallion's dark lips upwards. They had shared many events together, the two of them... Perhaps they could make this work. And hopefully, Apollo would not upset any by what he was going to say. "I wish to ask... If you would help me lead the Foothills to an age of prosperity. You do not have to accept right now, if you wish to think about it... Or we can talk after this, if you wish. Please, just... Think it over."

Turning his head, he once more regarded the rest of the herd. "In light to the General position, which has now been filled, the position of Mason is also open. If you would wish to obtain such a spot, please let me know, as well. You all speak such wisdom and kindness. Together, we can do this. Together, we can thrive."

[ooc: Murdock and Artemis have been named General of the Foothills! Don't forget that applications for Mason are open! @[Aud], if you have any problems with what I/Apollo did, please let me know and I will change the post. :3 Also, I have posted an Activity Check on our Secret Board, so please go see to it! I understand that everyone is busy, so no outcasting will be done in light of this thread.]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Apollo - 10-05-2013, 05:46 AM