the Rift

[OPEN] Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth</style>

With each face that had turned up to Apollo's call - some old, some new, Phaedra felt the tension in her golden breast begin to subside. Could they still be a family? Perhaps it was simply that family was ever-changing. They were no longer the Grey, lead by Ktulu and Ophelia, they were now the Foothills, lead by Apollo. But was there not something continuous here, some persistent thing that they all shared, that allowed them to remain a family, even as members came and went, and their titles changed?

And with each mouthful of praise and reinforced loyalty to what they were - what they now stood for - Phaedra became even more sure. They were still a family, and Apollo had known it all along.

A quiet smile creased her pink muzzle as she looked with adoration, at the painted stallion who she had shared so much with. You're one of the good ones sugar.

Truer words, were never spoken.

As her name left Apollo's lips, her attention focused more sharply upon him, her flirtatious gaze sparked slightly. If you would help me lead the Foothills to an age of prosperity. Her dark lashes fluttered for a moment, as a feeling of water rushing through her bones suddenly overcame her. Lead? In her minds eye, she viewed Ophelia - the day they had met in the Threshold, to her so-called capture in the Grove. I would take her place? she thought mutely. She was not so bold as to think she could do any better than her pale mentor and yet...As her gaze re-focused upon Apollo, a different sort of thought melted away the apprehension. She was not taking Ophelia's place but instead...making her own place. In the new Foothills.

A slow smile once again breached her muzzle, as it dipped slowly in acceptance - her dazzling gaze never wavering from Apollo's. "You saved me from a nearly certain death in the Endless Blue - and for what you've done for Stella...For what you've done for all of us..." Pausing, she closed her eyes and smiled, taking a deep breath, as bits of star-shine bled and twinkled down her shoulders. "I will be at your side, and at the call of our herd."

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Time is Now [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Phaedra - 10-05-2013, 03:36 PM