the Rift

[OPEN] Reincarnation [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
Where could I go? You are the only love I've ever known. But I hate you. I really hate you.
If there was one thing to be learned from living with a bunch of Pegasus--the nomad blood we shared was often impossible to quell. Members would leave on pilgrimages all the time, sometimes on a whim, sometimes not. Family returned as they would. Often those that made it back were malnourished, wounded, but thankfully alive. I was patrolling a fair distance away when my old friend started her walk through the canyons of sandstone; thus would have been blissfully unaware had Fina not came soaring in beside me a few heartbeats later. After humming the equivalent of a greeting and pressing one fiery wing against mine for the faintest of moments, she pressed my mind for entrance. I smiled and glanced her way only to find a troubling expression fogging a normally clear mind, “Someone walks, without wing.”

Quizzed by her short and rather limited report I pried for something more complete, “Unicorn? Equine?” She shook her head and drifted higher with me on the breeze, “Pegasus, one wing.” A frown formed and the beginnings of concern started to form wrinkle lines on a face that was better suited for smiling, “Was it part of this clan?” Fina turned one sapphire eye to me mournfully and said, “Yes. Seen her before.”

Her?

An image flowed to my mind, a sharp picture of someone I hadn’t seen for nearly two seasons. Perhaps longer. Thrusting hard I tucked my legs and quickened our pace. “Lead me to her.” Real fluttering’s of worry tightened my chest; who had dared to cause damage...woe to them. Fina shifted to my right as we approached the rising stone—“There,” she said softly. A shifting shadow tumbled over the land and I recognized its owner instantly, “Africa?” I whispered.

Swerving to avoid the rising stones, I leaned sideways through a larger opening with skill only brought to life through practice. A fuller or taller horse might have gotten stuck midair, but I was thankfully blessed with a compact frame. My feathers still brushed the edge of hot rock as I lowered for an abrupt landing on smothering sand ahead but visible of my old clanmate, “Africa…” Her name came surprisingly soft and at a whisper, as if she was a ghost or shadow that would quickly disappear should I speak aloud. Fina hissed threateningly, having caught sight of something else. She fluttered in after me and landed on a nearby juncture of stone. Azure eyes were watching not in the direction of us, but elsewhere with growing curiosity.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me joining ^^;

table by whit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Reincarnation [finished] - by Africa - 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-15-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-17-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-21-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM