the Rift

[OPEN] Reincarnation [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
Where could I go? You are the only love I've ever known. But I hate you. I really hate you.
The last we had talked, Africa had been of a much tender mindset; almost as a babe not yet pulled from mother’s milk. Her talents yet to develop, but a spark of determination was alive within her breast. That determination had grown to impressive proportions and now roared with a new purpose. It seemed the likely violent loss of a wing had given gifts along with pain. My heart hurt for her; robbing a Pegasus of their birthright was heavy in its grief. Again I wondered…who had done this act, and why?

Africa readily gave her blessing for my presence. Fina slipped down from her perch and landed across my rear, watching the wingless girl with a rare sadness. She normally didn’t give much compassion to even those of kin—but, a bird above all else could relate to the fear of losing their spot in heaven. Gently she plucked the top of my downy spine feathers, “She is hurting?” I returned Africa’s smile effortlessly, my mind spoke quietly to that other part of my soul, “Aye, but in a different way.”

Fina felt Silas and even caught a glimpse of his soaring pencil lined frame in the distance. I realized Africa had found some comfort when said Zephyr came in for a landing; she had mentioned to me once before about a desire for companionship. It seemed one wish had come true. A soul. It is said that when a foal is born, their soul is split in half—destined to wander the earth until such a time it finds the right home.

Perhaps that was why it wounded us to be apart from them.

Silas gazed at me distrustfully and I smiled, he reminded me of how protective Fina was. My firebird was not so secretly furious that he didn’t so much as slipped a glance her way; considering she was on fire practically all the time…Attention in previous months had granted said girl with the notion that everyone new should put attention forward on the only one that truly mattered. At least for a few moments. It was prideful, smug and slightly controlling—did I condone that behavior? Nay. Was she going to keep getting pissy every time something didn’t give proper notice due? Aye.

When Africa said her name aloud, Fina bunched up her feathers and hissed at the other avian.

“Manners…” I whispered aloud, glancing back at my friend. In response Fina turned her face away and purposely dug talons a little deeper. Regarding Silas with a smile I said, “He suits ye, and ye him.” An unmistakable snort vibrated behind me half a second later. Turning toward the weaving paths I added, “Come, ye must share; I’m curious to hear of your adventures.”
table by whit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Reincarnation [finished] - by Africa - 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-15-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-17-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-21-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-29-2013, 08:48 PM