the Rift

[OPEN] Reincarnation [finished]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

Basking skinks slithered from the dark sweeping shadow Africa's passing body cast across the curling limestone. A sharp eye was passed over them, drawn down quickly by the attraction of sudden, rushing movement. There were perhaps more than a dozen or so in any one segment of wall, and the young horse wondered pensively how she had never truly noticed such a vast population of life in her own home before now. Unpretentiously she observed the little animals, who in turn were gazing up at the alien giant that had robbed them of their cherished sunlight through shining, unblinking eyes. Oblivious to their plight, the mare smiled lightly for them, as though the gesture might in some way or another prompt some level of empathy; or rapport, between them.

Although Africa had been for a few moments- true to her perceptive and curious nature, side-tracked by the intricate details of her greatly missed home, Silas remained on high-alert; sentry upon her twitching withers. All too suddenly he became aware of the fire-ball (personality also, perhaps), which was Fina, and the purple sheened, black feather's lining his sleek crest spiked outwards in an avian display of assertiveness. The young brave Zephyr too sank his not so sharp claws into Africa's taught skin, though for no other reason than to steady his exhibition.
The unanticipated pressure there and the chivalrous tune of Midas' words snapped the dappled mare's face back to centre.

Africa walked as comfortably close beside the General as the narrow corridor allowed- considering too, the heat which seemed to hang as a steamy cloud around them. She felt so relaxed in his company again, and could not help the revitalized strut which her swinging stride did adopt. "My adventures…" She repeated softly, glancing downwards vaguely as she sorted through the tangle of surface memories, before looking up to view their path again. The gentle gaze of the eye nearest to the stallion, grazed across him for a moment and she smiled thoughtfully. "I have travelled right across Helovia," She said, skimming purposely through the more painful parts of her journey (-probably the ones too, which housed the answers she did not know Midas was hoping to hear). One day those buried, hidden hurts would undoubtedly surface again, but while Africa was still so young in this reincarnation; it was unlikely she would be forthcoming with such delicate information.

"Silas and I crept out of the north, and visited another place- a territory called World's Edge. We were welcomed by a white Unicorn Seer, Hellena, and our strength and energy restored by a Witch Doctor, Smoke. They were very kind folk and I really hope to return there soon enough to thank them both for their hospitality." Africa's helpless expression was mixed so subtly with fleeting bittersweet emotion as she remembered her nights in the eerie mists of the ancient forest there. Alas, she couldn't really remember the way back west now, even while straining her mind. Other fouls had occurred below the cliffs of the Edge, though Africa did not dwell. "Oh yes!" She recalled suddenly, pausing her walk for a second as she did. "I saw Cirrus there! What would be the chances of that!" Africa lifted her softly fluttering nose into a cloud of soft giggles.

"Then I came home for a short time." She did not say how uncomfortable she had felt during that very brief period- how her terrible secret, of death and the foolish betrayal of her family, had been rotting her sweet soul so gruesomely. "Onni welcomed me back so warmly." Africa continued, sighing deeply while masking well enough the swell of discomfort which that time stirred in her heart.
Silas's gravelly voice rumbled behind her, noting instantly the discreet shift of her mood, and he began to preen tenderly the wiry sprouting of mottled grey mane at the base of her crest.

"I'm a little ashamed by what followed." The young horse admitted, turning her face then towards Midas. "After I ‘d spoken with Onni, the world went black- I cannot explain it. But I was frightened… (by the strange phenomenon of the Endless Night, on top of all the misfortune already scarring her sensitive being in every respect) … and fled. I went to a cave I'd found once, long, long ago.

I am not proud of the way I abandoned my family."
She confessed grimly, and turned her focus again towards the ever changing rock formation ahead of them. "I love Dragon's Throat. I would never be so rash again." It was as though Africa half expected the General's lashing reprimand then to slice through the heavy air around them- a symptom of a guilty heart guarding more than that which had been revealed, perhaps. But she smiled demurely as she continued along, already more than willing to face the justice of her home- whatever it was that she deserved.
"When I finally stepped outside again, there was sunlight. I cannot say how long I was underground for- months? Seasons? I rushed home right away though."
"Midas? How have you been?"

credits

Messages In This Thread
Reincarnation [finished] - by Africa - 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-15-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-17-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-21-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-29-2013, 08:48 PM