the Rift

[OPEN] Reincarnation [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
Where could I go? You are the only love I've ever known. But I hate you. I really hate you.
Her story was intriguing to say the least. One of those tales my Da might have told at twilight just before darkness covered us. I smiled when she laughed, her giggles so much like bells chiming, reminded me of when we first met. During a gentler time when we both had less scars on our pelt and fewer life experiences. It was easy to forget just how peaceful our existence had been when we stood beneath the rage of a typhoon, grinning like complete fools while somehow maintaining our composure.

Only when that moment has passed do we realize just how important it was; blissful moments are grieved but never forgotten.

My gaze absently slipped up along the path we walked, tracing the familiar pattern of red standstone that stretched above and around. She didn’t know it, but this was the most I’d spoken with anyone aside from Fina in weeks. There was a certain amount of relief associated with our conversation—it was so easy to converse with kin like Africa and Shadow. Why couldn’t it be like that with my distant family?

Ktulu in particular.

When Africa suggested that we travel to this mysterious object, I nodded agreeably; secretly thankful for getting to spend a little more time with my friend. Hoof beats slowed to allow her ample space for leading. We didn’t walk long before she had approached a cave of sorts. Fina tightened her hold upon my hide apprehensively. She didn’t like closed in spaces—rather than stick it out, Fina took wing toward heaven. Giving us privacy to explore the shallow cavern as we might.

Drawing forward, already I could tell that my frame would be small enough to fill the offered space comfortably; without us even having to brush shoulders. Ivory appendages tightened their curling hold and pressed into my barrel as the shadows of said cavern flickered overhead and blocked out the sun. Blinking to adjust to the dimmer light I glanced over at Africa, ears flicked curiously forward as she shuffled around.

Pieces of egg lay at her feet. Ebony muzzle drifted toward earth to smell the stale pieces, they reminded me of Fina’s when she was only a babe. This must have been Silas’s. Something of more interest was drawn from the ground; an amulet. Earth magic by the looks of it. I smiled a little and wrapped my sand element around said gem. It rose from earth on a bed of slithering gravels, twisting and simmering as gold started to sink in. The circling chain rose to eye level.

Gently I slide it closer to Africa and replied softly, “This is a magical amulet; an Earth amulet. It holds mythical properties that will aid ye in a time of great need. As the legends say, this stone can absorb energy that is being used as a weapon against ye.” Carefully, I unsnapped the chain and started to fashion it around her neck. She was its owner and deserved to wear this rare gift, “Be wary though, this magic will only work a single time; after that the stone will shatter.”

OCC: lol, I might have powerplayed just a little ^^; I can change it if you want?
table by whit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Reincarnation [finished] - by Africa - 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-15-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-17-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-21-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
RE: Reincarnation - by Africa - 10-29-2013, 08:48 PM