the Rift

Halloween Maze Challenge :: Round Three

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

Still lost, alone, and with a grumbling stomach, I walk on. Sameira snorts and whimpers, hungry as well. I look at her, a frown on my face. Are you hungry too? I ask her, through our mental bond. It was only now I was beginning to discover it, in a time of stress and fear. It was odd to me, speaking to someone other than mommy in my head. She was normally always in my head, but while I was stuck in the winding, twisting corridors of a corn maze, I struggled to reach her. I wished for her to guide me to the end, but whenever I reached my fingers out to touch her, she left me grasping cold air. I look down at Sameira, who shakes her head, obviously understanding what I said. I walk forward a few feet, grumbling in harmony with my gut.

A long while passes by, breezing past in a gust of wind. My stomach groans in an attempt to persuade me to eat, but I do nothing. I walk forward, suddenly hitting a split in my path. There are two ways for me to go, two paths for me to follow. There is one that glows an eerie, bloody red color, a color that makes my stomach turn. But on the other hand, I saw a path of dark, one that had no eerie, glowing light. The stale scent of others tingles on my nostrils, making my nose twitch. The other path, the non-glowing one, was left untouched, the scents gone. The dark path was a familiar thing to me, making me smile. I walk forward, but pause. Was this a smart choice? I shrug, heading to the darker area. Sameira whimpers, shuffling closely behind me.

Behind my breast, my heart is at a panic.
"words words words"
[ north!]
Image Credits

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The path way creaked and molded as branches folded back unraveling a new route. The way on wards opened before her and the intricately (though rather mangled Fae) made her way forwards. 
Fake fleshy pieces, seemed to fall from the rotting corpse, blood stuck to her coat in random places, eye's wild for hunger. Though really, it was all just her costume. The fae still wore the face of a walking dead.
It wasn't long before the pathway split once more and a decision was forced upon the equine. It was the one thing she had never been a great judge upon, all her choices she'd made had been bad ones. Or so that's what she thought, since everything bad happened to her right? No. For if that was the case then why was she still here? That was simply her personal view on the world. Everything was out to eat her. 
The path heading north seemed dark and ominous, though when the fae looked to the other, it didn't seem any better. It glowed blood red and her hunger boiled inside of her, sort of an invitation to take that route. 
Dwindling upon the dilemma for sometime, another past by her, seeming to take the glowing red path. Swallowing hard she made a quick decision, following that winged one down the same path, in all her walking dead, glory. She moved on wards, hoping that this was the right way to go. Learning then all what she had left, all that she had to live for. What if she never got out of here? Would she see him again? Their love, or rather Hate, child. She could bare to leave them, not now, not ever.

[[OOC: Still the Walking dead kind. And She chose South!]]
"speak".

DevArt

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
 </style>

The howls of the wolves grow louder, but they are moving; they seem to have circled around to the south, and for those who have followed north and east, it would seem that death at the jaws of the pack is not coming today. The hunt-song fades into the distance, and the night grows still once more. You are restless, though, as you can feel the wicked amusement of the maze as you plod steadily forward. Odd colourations light the night, and strange noises make their way through the stalks of corn.

Africa and Amara turn north and are met with no resistance, though their path grows steadily darker and takes on a sickly green hue. The corn to their sides looks remarkably toxic, and as they come to a fork in the road they notice that to the north, the plants seem to be oddly calm, peaceful, and healthy (is it a trap?), but to the east, the corn remains poisonous-looking. Which way will prove the better path?

Ciceron and Illynx turn east and are met with no resistance. There is little to note along their path, and in fact they may find themselves relaxing. At least, they may relax until they find themselves at yet another fork in the road. One might hear the chuckles of the maze, or perhaps one is only imagining things. In any case, one may now fear they are quite mad! From the east drifts a quiet song, calling and beckoning to the pair in a way that may not leave them entirely comfortable (but is extremely irresistible), while the south looks dull and drab in comparison. Still, neither direction seems to bear any harmful tricks at first glance. Where will they go next?

Luneia and Ranjiri turn south, and though they have continued onward, they soon find themselves at a dead end. Shrieks and cackles invade the little clearing in which they have found themselves, and they are soon surrounded by an annoying, but harmless, flock of pigeons. Both will have a minimum of five pigeons at their side until they return to the normal world of Helovia. These pigeons may squawk at, roost on, and defecate near (or on!) the pair. If one dies, two will take its place.

Confutatis, Ghost, Kelec, and Ophelia have fallen prey to the labyrinth, paralyzed by fear or inactivity or perhaps a little bit of both (though one must doubt any hint of boredom in their midst). Confutatis strays a bit too far from the bunch and encounters a spitting plant, which promptly shoots its ink at her and colours her with brilliant fuchsia splotches. Ghost has a run in with an unkind spirit, which removes her voice with an evil grin. Kelec finds himself surrounded by demons, which cast an illusion upon him that makes him the spitting image of a jackass. Ophelia finds herself nearby when this occurs, and though the spell does not directly affect her, it turns her into an inverted-colour version of herself all the same.

Ciceron and Illynx, please choose one of the following:
East
South

Africa and Amara, please choose one of the following:
North
East

Confutatis, Ghost, Kelec, Luneia, Ophelia, and Ranjiri have been eliminated.

[OOC | This challenge is a luck-based challenge in which you may select one of four (or less) directions each round. Should you go the wrong direction, you will be eliminated from the game, and your character will meet an unfortunate end which may hold a curse of some kind. Should you continue in the correct direction, you will be rewarded with a randomized prize! More than one winner may be declared.

Rules:
1) You may join only once per player. In other words, you are only allowed to join one character.
2) You may select only one direction in each round. The four options are: North, East, South, or West. If one of these options is unavailable to you, you will be informed.
3) Your character must be in costume!

You have 48 hours.

Good luck!]

words words

Image Credits

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The road forked again, the song of the wolves ever shifting about her. She had given up on keeping track of where they were, the whites of her eyes now peering out from their extended diameter as her golden gaze roamed across the never-ending horizons of corn. The pits and creases of her indigo blouse where darkened with her own sweat, not from any physical excersion, simply her own pounding heart. Thankful for the removal of all but five dismally clanging bells but added no greater pace to her paranoid scuttle, her slender legs delicately meeting the earth one after the other, and Illynx found herself growing tired despite her easy pace. Pausing to peer down the paths that stretched out before her, ears raised upon her head and brain working away at the options she had been presented with.

The nearest choice and the most direct to her current direction seemed plain and ordinary enough but for the sinister whispering and cackles that (she hoped) she was imagining in her distress. The other, however, was producing the most alluring music she had ever heard; the rise and fall of many angelic voices ushered like a swift wind to her ears, and she found herself taking a step nearer to it despite her better intentions. Catching herself, she vigorously shook her head to clear out the almost magical grasp of the music as her hooves bit hard into the husk strewn earth, a cloud of dust rising around the impact as her fore half wildly tossed itself about.

She had to get out of here, yesterday. The pull of the ethereal music had her even further convinced of the evilness of this field, such a seemingly harmless collection of delightfully scented vegetation that harbored devils and foes grandeous. Regaining what little composure she had a left, a stiff snort blasted into the crisp autumnal air, her dark tail lashing about her haunches and sending her taffeta skirts about her in a whirling indigo display of aggrivation and fear. Her jaw gritted itself, winding and unwinding in pressure, nose tucked tight to her chest as she swayed, hesitantly, between the two paths; she had already decided on the silent trail, but the music still pulled at her heart, tempted her with its humble notes of safety and comfort.

She knew evil well enough to know that trick. And she was not falling for it.

Gritting her resolve, she shot down the path for several paces at a swift lope until the unseen operatic device could no longer reach her mind. Then, returning to her slow and uneasy crawl, she ventured deeper into the dismal maze, hoping against hope that nothing would harm her on this haunting evening.

[ Illynx goes East. ]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

Another split.
It was the adventure, both exhilarating and terrifying, that she had never (consciously), chosen to embark on. Africa’s thoughts were as torn as this next fork in the road presenting yet another two daunting destination opportunities; and she scrutinized each with her pale grey face cocked suspiciously to the side, amber eyes narrowing fixedly down one and then the other. Silas clucked in contempt of this supernatural game which the labyrinth corn field seemed to be taunting them through, time and time again. Their apprehensive hearts were together thrashing, despite the outcome of their previous choices appearing rather tame- given the sinister nature of bitter cackling and morbid wolf calls which all too often flooded their straining ears.

Africa shivered, though beneath the shroud of her costume, her skin rippled with luxurious warmth. She and Silas were bathed in a revolting green haze, and it did nothing to ease the simmering level of tension between them. Africa hesitated, unable to choose between each new path- the first pointing north, where the plants posed motionless and at peace (strikingly normal compared to the toxic, swishing corn to each side of their path; the second jutting around to the east circling through the corn until she could see no further. Straining her eyes through the sickly light, Africa took along, weary breath.

"Alright…" She began, feeling the tug of emotional fatigue in her stretched mind. "Have you even the slightest clue where we are?" Silas could not understand he plea, but felt the rise of her anxiety like a plaguing dark cloud through the very depths of his core. His shining eyes scanned the landscape around them- the vast, never ending sea of noxious looking corn heads and their flimsy, flapping arms. He did not feel confident lifting from his perch upon her withers for fear of losing contact in this unusual, eerie weather; the young zephyr was not even certain he would be able of scouting the route home. Wistfully he clucked and nestled tightly against the reeds woven about her quite vertical crest.

"Hmm…." the one-winged mare procrastinated, dithering on the spot and shuffling her sharp, curved hooves through the beaten old track below. "I think we should head NORTH." She announced after quite a considerable amount of time had passed them by. "NORTH because I don’t think I can bear the sight of this gruesome, menacing looking corn field any more. " Defiantly- as though it would be a potent insult to this crude place, Africa strutted forward and they made their way with mock confidence in the direction that looked so much safer.

This is so awesome and different! NORTH

credits

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Finding the remainder of the path unhindered the gray made the mistake of thinking that he would be free from this giant mindboggling contraption sooner rather than later. The vast neverending rows of corn was quickly becoming a sight he no longer wished to see for a long time once he managed to get free of it. The taste of the special treat would be forever ruined for him thanks to this stupid maze, all he could say was at least he had not been one of the others who had fallen victim to some of the cruel twists of the labyrinth. To make a list of the things he would likely avoid for the next ten years thanks to this entire experience would be hmmm lets see, the god damned corn for one, then maybe the stupid giant spiders that were just plain creepy, oh and then there was mutts thanks to the curse. Who knows what else would be added to this total by the time an exit was found but overall costumes would be put far away until next year.

The scratchy material of the cape still irritated his neck causing him numerous times to scratch against the rough corn, anyone with more sense probably would have ditched the thing long ago. His frustration topped the current topics on hand so getting rid of the cape was not all that important until the corn was far behind him. Another groan escaped his throat as yet another fork appeared up ahead still seeming to daunt them all with the hopes of escape. Could the expression right around the corner ever actually apply! Taking a few hesitant steps to the east he stopped craning his neck around trying to see if there was any obvious changes before he backtracked yet again to do the same with the southern route. Neither seemed to hold the exit so here he stood yet again trying to make a decision that would either help himself or seal his fate.

His earlier decision of heading east had been beneficial but did he really wish to continue east and press his luck? Turning to the south seemed to only bring a sullen appearance with again no exit in sight. The song that drifted from the east was very appealing swaying him in the decision but could that just as well be a trap? Something to lure them in before nailing the coffin shut? A little morbid he thought laughing to himself thinking of the irony considering his costume was still that of a vampire, oh boy he was starting to lose it. To hell with it, the east had brought him luck thus far he might as well continue along the path, heading back towards the south seemed to much like backtracking to him anyway. Springing forward in hope of being free once more he continued east towards the tantalizing song trying to keep himself indifferent to the tune. You never knew when another creature of legend should appear such as a siren, that was one thing he knew he did not want to deal with sushi was just not in his preference.

notes: Ciceron continues east

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
Has this ended?
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
 </style>

Africa turns north and is met with no resistance. In fact, it would seem that the end of this little game is nigh, for before here she begins to see the opening of a field, the disappearance of the corn. The moon comes out, suddenly and blindingly, and with it a seemingly warm rush of wind, a congratulations of sort. The mouth of the labyrinth yawns closed behind the mare, as though bored with her company; and so they part, she on her way and the maze to capture another prisoner another day.

Ciceron and Illynx turn east and are met with no resistance. They, too, have found a way out of the myriad patterns of corn. Again, a warm breeze caresses them, sending them on their merry way. They, at least, will live to see another day - and not too far off, it would seem, based on the eastern horizon.

Amara has fallen prey to the labyrinth. She becomes the last victim of a long string of murders (or, really, just horribly ridiculous pranks). In her fear, or terror, or boredom, or whatever it is she suffers from, the girl stumbles through a magical barrier that forces her to speak in tongues. Whenever she opens her mouth, Latin emerges, making her sound altogether wicked and a bit ridiculous, to boot.

Amara has been eliminated.

[Congratulations, Africa, Ciceron, and Illynx! You have made your way without trouble through the maze! Your prizes are as follows:

Africa :: Join with a colorful character
Ciceron :: Foal stats (no magic)
Illynx :: Medium Item]

words words

Image Credits