the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I never expected life to be so complicated and full of decisions that threatened to shake the very foundation you stood upon. I was used to looking at the world through rose colored glasses, but the color faded and became dimmer with each passing day. The day my rosy outlook started to fade was the day that Hototo had left to fulfill whatever destiny his father had set out for him. It dimmed more when Ros left. Then when Momma left it went away altogether because I was alone in the land I had been born in. I always felt like others were staring at me and judging me because my mother gave up her leadership and left. I don't know if it was just my mind screwing with me or if it was true, but it drove a rift between myself and the herd. I wandered more often than I stayed, but it was in my wandering that I had found Ros again.

Now I was faced with a decision. Or, should I say, I was faced with the aftermath of a decision I made far too easily. In agreeing to travel with Roskuld and see everything that we could see I was forsaking my home. I always thought about how different I was from my mother, but in deciding to leave the Foothills so easily I suppose I'm a little bit like her. I wonder what she would think about that.

After leaving the forest I had walked for hours. The sun set and the moon rose and I was still walking, mulling over how I was going to tell Apollo that I was leaving and wondering if I should just go and not even bother looking back. On and on I walked because walking would give me more time to think than flying would. And did I ever need time to think about what I would say and how they would take me leaving. Would they talk among themselves about how much like my mother I am? Would that be a bad thing? Momma is strong and capable.

But I'm not like her.

I sighed and shook my head then looked up, realizing that I had been staring at my cloven hooves as I walked. I wasn't alone in the meadow. There a few paces ahead of me was a black stallion looking up at the stars with a half smile on his face. I looked up at the stars for a few seconds before looking at him again. I swished my tail and ruffled my feathers then took a few steps toward him. "Hello." I said after clearing my throat so I wouldn't startle him if he hadn't heard me before. "Um... would you mind if I joined you? Just for a little while." I clarified, offering my own smile.

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Ranjiri - 10-27-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM