the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Konstantin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I wove the stem into her mane as if I had done it a hundred times before, mindful of our closeness and respectfully taking steps to avoid unnecessary touching. I was a tactile creature, but not everyone shared my enthusiasm or my ridiculously weak sense of personal space.

Straightening, I admired my handiwork for a moment. It really was a lovely flower – and, knowing flowers, it might well have withered within a day or so without ever having been properly appreciated. Flowers are not known for their longevity.

I shrugged at the question. “Maybe a few days.” It did not even seem so terribly long since we had left the turbulent kingdoms of Nocturne to their inevitable fate. I could not regret the move; most of those unfortunate souls sold themselves for power and personal gain. Of course, that being said, I also had little room to complain: idealistic though I might be, I was hardly what anyone would call ‘principled’. “Somebody from the foothills offered my brother and me a place there, but I guess I have commitment issues.”

It goes without saying that one becomes a tiny bit gun-shy after being summarily promoted to Master in Chief at the age of two and then leaving only to be recruited into a revolution at the very next stop. I did not relish the thought of pledging my allegiance to a group that, for all I knew, intended to start a bloody and bitter war the next day. Things like that tend to mess with your head.

“Why did you leave, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM