the Rift

[PRIVATE] Awake My Soul [Ktulu]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Their dance upon the fields filled Apollo's previously heavy heart with a weightllessness that he had not felt in a long, long time. While he believed that he hid the weight of leadership quite well from his peers, Apollo knew that there would forever be those who could tell, and understand, the burden that he carried. His sister, dear Andreas, was one of them for certain, for she had an unearthly sense about her like all elder siblings had for their younger brothers or sisters.

Another who would understand was a fellow leader. Who better could tell the weight of leading, than one who had stood in that very place before? Apollo wondered, as he danced beside the ebony Constrictor, if she could see the weight that he carried as Chief.

As Ktulu moved to dart in front of him and skirt along his other side, flicking her tail out so that the silky strands caressed the muscles of his chest, the Merciful felt such troublesome and dark thoughts filter away. This was a time for freedom, for relaxation, of belonging and kinship. He was glad that Ktulu had found him.

Hooves snapping upward as he pranced around Ktulu's now stationary figure, Apollo snorted and tossed his head in her response, his grin lazy and slightly cocky. "I'm glad to hear it," he responded simply, eyes shining in obvious joy, "And it's good to see you, too. I've missed your company." ... And your voice. What was this that made him desire to appease her? To impress her? Not even during his sway of infatuation with Phaedra had such an emotion come over him. Honey-brown eyes roamed upon her sleek form, analyzing every strong curve, the whites of her legs clashing magnificently with the ebony hues of her barrel, neck, and hips... And it was only during that examination that Apollo realized something was different about her.

A new marking ran along the curvatures of her spine, a brilliant shade of gold that matched the bear mark upon her shoulder. The jagged twists and turns of the tribal mark were captivating, and unknowingly even to himself, Apollo's legs took root once more upon the ground, his dance finally complete. "Where did you get that, Ktulu?" He inquired innocently, venturing closer to her and outstretching his nose to brush against her ribs, his muzzle moving steadily upwards in an attempt to trace the golden intricacies upon her spine, "I can't remember seeing it before..."

Eyes flicked upwards then to meet her stunning crimson orbs, muzzle still pressed to her spine, simply breathing her in. Ktulu was a pillar to him. She had always been a constant presence since his arrival in Helovia, when the Grey had taken him in from his aimless wandering. Even though he had answered to Ophelia at the time, Ktulu was simply... There. Apollo hoped that she always would be, for imagining a life without her in it was ludicrous.

"Where is Eytan?" He asked after a moment, finally lifting his head away from her to survey their surroundings. The brown grizzly was a common sight throughout the Foothills, and Apollo found that he enjoyed Eytan's company just as much as he enjoyed Ktulu's. It was nice having the growing cub around, for it was a reminder that Ktulu was still there and watching, even though she had ventured on in her life.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 10-27-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 11-01-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 11-04-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 11-11-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 12-10-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 12-10-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 12-26-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 12-29-2013, 01:46 PM