the Rift

[PRIVATE] Awake My Soul [Ktulu]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Warm honey orbs lingered on the golden criss-crosses that adorned Ktulu's elegant back for a few seconds longer, then averted to focus more on the ebony mare's face. It was unimportant to know where the marking came from... Although, Apollo couldn't help but admit to himself just how good it looked upon her. A small upturn of the lips was the only thing he allowed to show from that thought, and with a sharp inhale, he let it go and instead focused on the here and now. Whatever was spurring these strange thoughts needed to cease their movements, less he get himself in trouble.

The Constrictor moved closer, to Apollo's blatant surprise, moving so boldly as to brush their chest together and to press her head against his bleached back, almost as in an embrace. Apollo's ears flicked back for only a second, his breath hitching in his throat at the affectionate touch. At first, it was strange; instinct told him to pull away from such an intimate gesture, as it was foreign... But the longer that he stood still, his ears idly processing the answer that Ktulu gave him as to Eytan's whereabouts, the overo found that he enjoyed the embrace. It was warm, tender, genuine... Many a things that Apollo had been devoid of for a very long time.

So caught up in it as he was, it was only when Ktulu pulled away that Apollo found himself missing her warmth. He eyed her with a look of concern, his mouth opening to speak, and yet he stopped himself at the last moment... What could he say? Why did Ktulu suddenly seem so troubled? To hear she was proud of his accomplishments, if one would call it that, warmed his heart... Yet, to see her so troubled, that warmth could not fill him. Not completely.

"Please don't say that you aren't strong enough," Apollo whispered, his words startling even himself. It hadn't been what he had intended to say, and yet... It was what had first came out. "Ktulu... You are strong, far stronger than I am. Just because... Just because you left the Foothills doesn't make you weak, it just means that you... That you yearned for something more, and there's nothing wrong with that. Free-will, the desire to follow your heart, that's a beautiful thing. Don't apologize for it." The strands of the stallion's mane swayed as he shook his head, as if to truly give emphasis behind his words. "I don't blame you for anything, Ktulu... Please don't blame yourself."

Sucking in a deep breath, the Chief stretched out his muzzle towards her own, hoping to brush them together. Seeing her now, downtrodden and sad... It made Apollo realize that he enjoyed seeing her happy. He liked that smile upon her face, the warmth in her sharp eyes, the throaty sound of her laugh... Devil curse me, he thought with a gentle flick of his tail, I've lost my mind.

"I enjoy seeing Eytan." The overo blurted rather randomly. "He lets me know that... That you're okay." They could not speak, he and the grizzly, but Apollo liked to think that they didn't need words to communicate. It was only now, standing in the Thistle Meadow and speaking of such intimate things that Apollo remembered the task he had been given by the God of the Earth. Now would be the perfect opportunity, wouldn't it? Who better to ask about sharing a soul than Ktulu and Eytan?

Clearing his throat and shuffling from one hoof to the other in almost a nervous gesture, Apollo smiled timidly. "Ktulu, if I could ask, um... What's it like? Being... Bonded, with Eytan?"

Could you make that question any more lame, Apollo? Apollo snorted.

... Shut up, brain.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 10-27-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 11-01-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 11-04-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 11-11-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 12-10-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 12-10-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Awake My Soul [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 12-26-2013, 10:18 AM