the Rift

Holiday Exchange :: Writing :: Writing Stage

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Awe Selkie that was really really good! :'D

And this song is aaaahmazing.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The girl is more fragile than she alludes to; through all the smiles and capricious banter, she feels the need to have those smiles returned. Surely, her new found home has provided her with much more confidence than her dark beginnings first supplied her – she is no longer a grasping and greedy creature, a seductive minx of a woman using her curves to pave the way to greatness.

But she still has needs.

The most curious of effects Helovia has had on her is perhaps that of her attitude towards life. Once quite ambitious (dangerously so), she is now satisfied to follow the path laid before her, one which promises to bring treasures and knowledge that could never have been found in the land of her birth. She will always remember (possibly thank) the fires that chased her here; the bleak and ash ridden sky rising above the torrential horizon, glowing ruddy reds and yellows against the strength of nature that swallowed all her memories up in one great and vicious roar of power.

If the fires had not have threatened her life so greatly, perhaps she might have stayed to watch the Cathedral burn into ashes. It was, after all, a mark so saturated in sin and blasphemy that she found it quite hard to think of here in this land of magic. The world in which the Cathedral existed was simple, lack luster in comparison; a world of wolves feeding upon lambs, with no shepherd to save them from the clutches of their terror.

Her family were the wolves, the biggest and baddest of them all. It is hard to believe this while meeting the angel for the first time, but it is true – she is born from a long line of hatred and malevolence, a true princess born to a long line of powerful and devilish rulers.

If you’d ever met her brother, you’d understand. Kahlua is nothing like any of her brothers, to be honest – she is more of her mother, an untainted and pure version of what Krystal Nacht might have been had she followed a different path through life. The queen has passed on her beauty and grace to her daughter, this is undeniably true. A painted form to mimic that of her dam, her heart golden and pure as all good leader’s hearts should be; Krystal had not been truly evil. She had just been old, haggard, jaded by the world of death and dismay that sprawled around her.

Krystal had not been given the flames of freedom as Kahlua had.

It does pain her to think of her family, of the father she never knew (murdered the eve of she and Fuhrer’s birth) and the too ancient to be birthing children queen that had raised them for their first two years. She too had died – murder also, by jealous kin who sought to wear the old woman’s crown, though he (her half sibling, the perpetrator) would have been better off to wait another season for nature to take its course.

The queen had been reaching her 23rd year of life. She was old and bound to wither off the vine soon, anyway – had Kahlua the mind to think of anything, she would find herself quite blessed to have ever been born at all. Goodness knows her twin understands these things.

I suppose that is why he has had very little to do with her, even before they were separated by the disasters that befell their home. In all honesty, while he had never shared his views with his sister, he felt a deep love that was overshadowed only by his desire to see her dead.

Such were the roots of the girl’s life.

She is standing outside the Edge, looking in. The wall that she and her friends have built together stands proud, makes her own heart grow in size to mimic its mass. She thinks of very little other than the fond memories she has of making the thing – delving into herself, pondering her past, looking to the future and genuinely planning, these things were beyond her. All she had was what she could pull up in images in her mind, and this day, she recalled the sun gleaming overhead as Mirage’s dragon form moves whole trees as if they are merely bunnies, the wall appearing section by section before her as the others toiled away to clear the way for the build.

”Kahlua?” comes her name, and the familiar voice tugs her ear back, but she refuses to be made immediately depressed by the sound of Dragomir as she had been back then during the weeks of wall building.

Turning her features to greet him, a blooming and glorious grin upon her face, she is immediately smacked in the face with a ghost. Her lips fall downwards into a frown of shock, jaws numbly grinding at the air as she stares into the deep green eyes… of her sibling.

He is smiling, cool and reposed as he always has, his larger and more muscular frame a spitting image of his fathers build. Littered across his pelt, thousands of speckles and dots can be seen, and on their viewing she remembers a fun game they once played, in which she had attempted to count them all.

It turned out Kahlua couldn’t count very high. But that didn’t matter now, did it?

“Fuhrer?!” she manages to choke out, and the laughter that rumbles deeply from his throat is the same mocking sound that she has missed all these years that they have been apart. Truly, for much of it they were in the same kingdom – but so simple is the girl that she has not even noticed that he dislikes her so deeply, that he comes and goes from her life to use her as a mirror which defines all the ways in which he has not failed.

”No, the ghost of seasons past,” he jibes in her direction, shuffling about on powerful limbs so that he arrives alongside her, their shoulders gently touching. He must admit to himself, standing her in contact with the girl who had shared the womb with him, that there is comfort in her touch.
Kahlua merely stares quite blankly at him for a while, trying to blink the hallucination out of her eyes up until that spotted shoulder brushes against her. That he is really here has just dawned on her – and no wall in the world could contain the eruption of enthusiasm that rises from her as she begins to bob and jiggle in amusement, jostling her brother’s weight with her own as she chattily breaks open the ice. “Oh, Fuhrer! I had thought you had died!” she half sobs in exaltation, though the man is as stalwart and unmoving as he has always been, the partial frown rising to his lips at her usual bubbly nature only driving her enthusiasm all the more, “There was the fire and I was so afraid. I ran, I didn’t think to come find you. I am sorry, I am so very sorry that I just left you like that. I am so very glad that you have come to fi-”

He cuts her off with a short and barking laugh that echoes into the misty wood before them, his lack of fear evident in his stance and the noise that he makes along side her. Unlike his sister, he is clever enough to know when he is somewhere that could potentially be dangerous – but this was obviously her home. The forest and the figure of his sibling both smelled identical, and so he feared very little for repercussions in such a meeting place. ”I am not staying, sister,” he says, looking to her with that oh-so-serious expression that she has never understood or been able to mimic, ”I am coming through looking for my children. I have tracked Lycan and Luna this way. Perhaps, if you have found home here, the others are in this place also.”

She didn’t remember who it was he was talking about. She didn’t care. All that mattered to her was that her brother was back, better than back! He was standing next to her! Bouncily she circled around towards the front of him, looking him square in the eyes – which set him mildly off guard. Where was his coy and flirtatious sister?

This was even worse than the man eater he’d abandoned back in Avalon.

“But brother! You could stay here! I have made lots of friends, and am an important part of the herd beyond this wall here. I built the wall, brother,” she showers out, and he looks long and hard at her before stepping away from the close proximity of her face.

He admires the craftsmanship of the wall before him; it is perhaps the first time he has done anything to appease his much too needy twin.

And he cannot argue that it is beautiful, that her offer is tempting – to remain in the safety of this place, so peaceful and serene. But he has also seen the stranger creatures that wander here – he was relatively sure he’d passed a wolf horse on his way west, and that mere coincidence in combination with the pressing need to find his harem and flock of foals made him turn his gaze back to his sister.

His face is a cold mask again, as he turns to continue walking westward. ”It’s pretty. I’m glad you’ve found a home,” whether he means it or not escapes both the siblings, staring blankly at each other over the rounded curvature of Fuhrer’s bodacious ass, ”but unlike you, I acquired my responsibilities long ago, and I must honor what I have already done.”

He looks down to his hooves, the white tufts that branch off of his ankles dragging along the crisp, autumnal blanket on the earth. Kahlua is left with a beaming smile at his complements, but as with all good things Fuhrer brought to her, it is quickly wiped away and replaced with a few glimmering and truly heart broken tears.

She had finally found him, or he had found her – and he was going to just… leave?!

“But I have missed you!” she almost pleads, following him the few paces he was wandered forward to press her nose hard into the fold of his neck and shoulder; much to her surprise, she feels his weight return the gesture, his own muzzle wrapping about to touch lightly on the opposite side to which she touched. “I have thought of you often, of what befell our kingdom -”

”MY KINGDOM!” he irately shouts at her, his gentle touch removed and replaced with an indignant snarl that hovers beside her, ”you did nothing but try to fuck every big wig in the vicinity. I chose to lead, I have bled for our people. The kingdom that burned down was mine. It was my responsibility to protect them!” Stalking away from her several paces, his black and white lashes viciously behind him, striking his sides hard enough to raise welts to the surface as he spins around savagely to glare down on his sister.

The gentle pout and expulsion of tears that he is confronted with, however, softens his demeanor. By her expression, it is obvious that Kahlua understands her brother’s feelings – though he wouldn’t describe them as such, what Fuhrer was suffering from were feelings of love and loss.

How very wise she is in comparison to Fuhrer, in so many ways. If only Kahlua was smart enough to articulate this, perhaps she and her brother might have been much closer than they actually are.

”I am sorry,” he says gruffly, ”but I cannot stay.”

She nods, the tears steady and silent as they fall down her face. She understands that he cannot come home with her, that their story is once again to branch out in separate directions – but he is alive. That comfort alone is enough for the once weak mare to become strong in the face of this terrible loneliness.

It surprises her brother when she does not argue, that slow nod an image he will cherish within himself for years to come – his sister is growing up, something he was afraid she would never be able to do.

“Go then, and be safe,” mourns the woman already, looking at him with her delicate and compassionate gaze, eyes that burn through his skin and touch down into his inky black heart. He has never been able to remain stone while near her. Never. “Come back to this forest, if you can. I would like to know you.”

He nods, his own emotionless way of saying goodbye, though deep within himself he feels his heart flinch against turning away from the only familiar face he’d seen since heading out on his search for his woman and myriad children.

Kahlua takes note, for once, of the fine lines of anguish that mark her brother’s normally unreadable face, and it settles well in her heart that he will be back, someday – the fine benefits of being one’s twin.

“”
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Bunnie, you burn my soul like the fires burned Kahlua's homeland. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

@[Torleik]- Enjoy, my love. I had fun with this :)

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

I am Torleik. I am a Unicorn.

He decorates the tree with patience, tall bilateral horns pushing into the boughs as he picks up various flowers and leaves from the ground, placing them with care onto the tree. He is meticulous, each thought calculated but he does not pause while he works. He is Torleik, after all, unicorn of the Basin, a man of higher moral code than most of the racists that make their home here. And besides, he has two horns instead of one. But that is not particularly important. The tree is outside of his cavern, the one that he picked out all by himself, so far away from the hustle and bustle of the herd. There is nothing special about him, no reason that he should get such a lovely home so far away from the others, but he thinks he's something.

I am Torleik. I am not a Pegasus.

Now he picks up a strand of garland, weaved for him by Crowley, though where the old grouch managed to find the reflective fabric that makes up the tinsel is a source of frustration to the scholarly stallion. He circles around the tree, careful to lay the strand out evenly. Everything has a place, even strange decorations made by the weaver. However, of particular frustration is that he has a star, a fantastic metal star, but no way to set it atop his tree. Yes, he went moaning to Ulrik again to make him something new. It is both a blessing and a curse that the only winged thing nearby is his precious Irelyn. Not that he would ask a pegasus for help adorning his tree. He wouldn't foul the spruce with the feathers of such a beast. Horses were meant for the ground.

I am Torleik. I worship the Moon.

Next are some glass spheres, created with care and mostly clear except for some snowflakes frosted on as decorations. Yes, even the Glazier of the Edge has gotten in on the project. He was only lucky their meeting had been so short. Despite the fact that she had stopped screaming at him every time she saw him, there was still something irksome about the daft girl. Perhaps her problem was that she was in fact a unicorn, but her horn grew into her brain instead out of her head. It would certainly explain some of the idiocy that went into every meeting he had ever had with her. But at least she had one redeeming quality- her connection with the moon. Perhaps the Godess would look favorably down upon him for interacting with her herd, for seeking a gift of the moon magic. He could only hope. She was his savior, his patron.

I am Torleik. I am not impressed by the ladies.

He continues to decorate the tree, wondering who will come to look upon it. Perhaps his herd mates will see it. He hopes not Deimos, if only because he thinks the beast should be busying himself with matters of the herd. Besides, Deimos is likely to kill the thing with his death magic, if only because he hates everything beautiful. Deimos is a monster. But if Deimos stays away then perhaps some others will come, or perhaps he will find Brisa and bring her here. If the woman can keep her hormones under control. He is impressive, he knows, but he simply does not have time to fall to the whim and fancy of every woman who woos him. He has places to go, lands to explore, territories to trespass on. He is above such feelings... for now. Someday his heart will fall and he will feel love, he hopes. But whoever that woman is, he is certain she will not be one of the sightseers coming to see his creation.

I am Torleik. I will be a father.

He wants the children of the Basin to come to him, to revel in the grandeur of his mighty spruce and to look upon it with their innocent eyes. Most of all, he hopes that he can continue this tradition for so long as he lives. Some day he will have children of his own, innocent eyed vikings to decorate the tree with him, so his time will not be so lonely. If the mother is present or not is unimportant. If the children are made only to carry on his bloodlines, they will know him. If the children are the product of love, then they will be a family. But he will decorate a tree with them, regardless. Children should know what wonder there can be in the world. Not all of life has to be so serious.

I am Torleik. I am in love with a griffin.

Suddenly he is distracted from his thoughts, a voice different than his own entering his mind with hopeful determination. 'Help!' the voice interjects with determination, not a cry for help but rather a statement that she will help. He smiles, turning to find her, to give her some flower or other trinket to place on the tree, but his heart breaks when he catches sight of her. She has grabbed Ulrik's star in her claws, straining with wings that do not yet know how to fly, jumping from her basket into the air, and then falling to the ground with a decidedly harsh thump. He cries out, voice wrought with concern as he rushes to her side, falling to his knees, nose reaching for the bird as he pokes and prods at every part of her he can find. Has she hurt herself? Is she broken or scratched? Oh, if she is, the pain he will feel and self-loathing thoughts he will think to know that he has let such a precious part of his life fall to harm for his own carelessness. But he finds no harm done, no injuries to the babe, but still he curls his neck around her, pulling her in between his forelimbs until she touches his chest. And there he lays, keeping the girl safe against him, heart still hurting that he should have ignored her long enough to let her get away with such an action, beneath the boughs of a tree that he has decorated, the icy winds of the Basin blowing against the nomad where he lays.

I am Torleik. I have a man beard.
Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.
^ This is pretty much tHE GREATEST THING HNNNNNNNG

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

As hot as fire, cold as ice,
Sweet as sugar and everything nice.

[I hope you like this, paddeh! @[Irrydae] ]

I had eaten the apples voluntarily, but now they sat a little warmer in my stomach than I had imagined.

Why had I eaten them, even though I knew in the deepest pit of my breast that they were rancid and distasteful for consumption? Why had I acted with such brash impulsion? Because there is a secret in the bitter apples of Equinox. It’s an old unspoken tradition, a rite of initiation and an inside joke for those of an older generation: the golden flesh of a spoiled apple is a sedative. It numbs you, calms your aching nerves, and brings delightful, buzzing peace to an otherwise broken world. It blinds you; it takes away your balance and gives you the tools to either laugh heartily at your flailing limbs or despair your loss of coordination with thick, sloppy tears.

My world was broken—that much at least was clear to my tear-ruined eyes. What was I but the child of a shatter bloodline, a lineage doomed to failure? The Earth God has so far been the only one of this realm whom I haven’t failed—and I’ve come close, dangerously close. I could not die with my mother, in her blood-soaked deathbed; I couldn’t follow her to the land of destiny and tranquil peace. I had clutched to that special failure, kept it close and safe in the catacomb of my mind, only divulging it to a man whose pelt matched the cashmere gray of gentle overcast. And when he had offered his own feeling from my distress—I had run from it.

He ran from me, too. He left me, and though I knew not how to handle his being, his serene, almost ethereal presence in my life of inner turmoil, his leaving had broken me just the same. He was a tether I did not know I had until it had severed completely, and with that severance my spirit had ricocheted to and fro, back and forth, here and there, flung into the arms of a smooth-tongued shadow man and contemplating the precarious edge of a flaming, passionate heart. His return had not fixed the tether, and my spirit only continued to bound and rebound with ever growing speed and rising urgency, looking for something I already owned, trying to find something that wasn’t lost. It was a fruitless journey of my spirit.

I tried to soothe my spirit’s restlessness with the apples. That’s why I ate them. I ate them and I tried to forget what I was eating, trying to forget the initial shame of it. And when I finally did forget, I took my first rocky step and immediately, gloriously stumbled head-first into the trunk of the tree that had dropped these lovely pieces of fruit. Stars erupted in my vision—I laughed at them. I laughed at the irony of the stars that I saw, the distortion of the color of the bark, the leaves that had fallen blue and gold and magenta, the sky gently overcast with cashmere gray.

My wings were heavy, useless weights that wobbled beside me, joyously uncoordinated sentinels as I walked on through the magenta sunset, into the indigo nightfall. An inner wisdom told me I shouldn’t fly tonight, and it probably saved my life, or my neck at least. I saw lights that didn’t flicker, I saw colors that didn’t shine right; I heard voices that spoke when there was no one to speak them, and I laughed at all of it, because my heart fluttered in a way that it hadn’t fluttered in a while. The apples’ warmth continued to spread, and its intoxication helped me find a tranquility I already had, a peace that I had thought I lost.

I dreamt of Evers that night as the world slipped into a drunken black. I saw him standing lonely and confused in a bed of flowers that hang high in on the cliff-face of a mountain that reached to heaven. I approached him, touching him softly and whispering into his pelt, “I’m sorry for running away from you.” He jumped away from my touch; he whispered back, “I’m sorry for running, too,” before flapping his wings and bolting away from me on silver-blue wings. I didn’t follow him, knowing I couldn’t fly; maybe it was because I was wingless in my dream, or maybe it was because I knew if I flew in this state, I would kill myself, or break my neck at least. I fell in love with that dream, and I knew I wouldn’t remember it when I woke up; so I clung to it as tightly as I could while I still abled about in the field, alone and wingless and completely at peace.

When I woke up, I had a massive hangover. Figures.
"Speak"

As deep as a bite, as dark as the night,
As sweet as a song, as right as a wrong.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
1. I am Torleik. I have a man beard. THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER READ. LMAO.

2. I am perfectly fine with any of the scenarios Sevin mentioned above - and my apologies for not seeing them sooner! I'm subscribed to this thread but I haven't seen a lot of these notifications pop up in my email >.<
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Illynx
I don't know where I am or how I ended up here. Where ever here is. My hooves clack on black stone and these things swerve around me, screaming and honking like geese, but they are not geese. I hear squeals and shouts, ohhs and ahhs, and when I turn I see hairless, two-legged things that look like apes. They speak to one another in a language that I don't understand and they begin to crowd around me. Another one of the goose things flies past and nearly hits me. It swerves and I hear a loud crash as it slams into another goose thing. They honk again and the hairless monstrosities walk closer and all at once I lower my head and lunge at one of them. Its slow and my horn pierces its chest. There are more screams and the thing I've just stabbed collapses and my head is yanked down with it and stays that way until I work my horn free and spin around, my ears laying flat against my head and my eyes daring them to come closer again.

They all stand back, but they've formed a circle around me and have caged me in like I'm some kind of animal. I am no animal. I am Illynx. I am a queen. I've conquered and I've ruled in my domain. I lunge again and they retreat. I flick my tail, arch my neck, and trot in a wide circle and they gape at me because I am Illynx and I am beautiful. A gap opens in their ranks and I stop and turn to face several of them who have come forth, cloaked in black with shiny knickknacks attached to their chests and heavy belts slung around their apish waists. One by one they point a strange looking object at me and my head tilts to the side. It makes a loud zap! and I retreat back several steps, but they've already stung my and my body freezes, my muscles lock, and I collapse onto the black rocky ground in the middle of this circle they've formed around me. My eyes roll back in my head and my last thought before everything goes black is that they're going to eat me.

When I wake I am a prisoner, confined in a small cage. Through the bars I can see throngs of the hairless monstrosities gawking at me, asking questions to one another in their third world language. They poke at me when they come close enough to the cage they've confined me in. I do manage to bite a couple of fingers and it is at this point that I wish for the jaws of a snapping turtle so I could remove the appendages and spit them back out at the beasts. I get jabbed again and the same feeling that overcame me when I collapsed earlier overcomes me again and the world goes black.

Again, I am awakened, but this time I am not in a cage. I try to bolt, but my legs are shackled and I cannot move faster than a walk and I am strapped to something that only lets me move in circles. My head is locked in a position that leaves my neck arched uncomfortably. I try to break my restraints, but I am too weak. Music begins to play, loud and obnoxiously, and more of the hairless things file in and sit to watch the freak show that is happening in this .... hell hole. The little ones have gathered around me and are asking if I'm real. Of course I am. I am a fucking queen. They beg and plead with the idiot that has locked me to this confounded thing. One by one they are placed on my back and I am forced to walk in endless circles until they all go home.

Then it starts over the next day.

My name is Illynx and I am a side show freak at a thing called a circus.

@[Illynx]
hope you like it!

if I only could make a deal with God.

Icon by Tay

bwahahahaha. Illynx <3

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
xDD omg lolololol

*puts silly red nose on her*

:3

that was wonderful ali! thank you so much! <333
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

It's cold.

I am cold.

All around me I have built a barrier to protect myself from the outside world. I hide behind a layer of lies, a layer that I have built so carefully throughout my life. I live as anyone would, trying to push the past away from their heads. I try as hard as I can to forget certain pieces of my past, but tonight that portion decides to take my mind over. While I sleep, my lids closed over lavender orbs.

Pathetic.

His voice echoes through my mind as his brows are narrowed, his stern gaze has changed. He appears infuriated as he towers above me, my mother laying there, her face blank. He turns to her as though to bring his hooves upon her skull, end her pointless life. She had not given him was he desired. He wanted a strong, healthy colt to carry upon his shoulder's father's legacy. Upon seeing me he was angered, frustrated with himself and with my dam. It seemed like he wanted to destroy me, end my life here and now. But he holds off, just standing there. I'm whimpering, shivering as my mother does nothing to care for me. She leaves me there for minutes, no signal that she was even alive. Her gaze was glazed over, her sides heaving gently. The scene fades into the shadows, my vision blurred as the world swirls around me.

Pathetic.

The boys snicker as I walk, thinking that a filly was something pathetic. I would show them, I know I would. I have yet to prove myself to anyone, but I would do it. Today was a special day, all because it was the beginning of my training, a big day for me. Father stands, a devilish smirk upon his lips. He does not talk, instead, he launches at me. I panic for a moment before realizing I have to fight him. Inhaling deeply, I prepare myself. We fought, our battle was vicious. My father was strong and massive, he could have easily killed me. But he didn't. Something inside of him must have warned him that killing him would be a big set back in our lineage. So he trained me, forced me to sweat just as hard as the colts. He may have made me work even harder, just to prove them that his lineage was the greatest. Just as he stands with a proud look on his face, he disappears. Wind carries away the black mist in which he has faded to.

Pathetic.

At the newly turned age of two, I stand proud beside my father. Beneath my breast I feel fear creep through me. I am a bachelorette, there are tens of bachelors around me. I am a scrap piece of prey surrounded by vultures. I can tell they all crave my body, the way their hungry eyes devour my curves. I swallow, afraid to see who will win me. My fathers says few words, just that the most honorable stallion shall have me. Days went by, and yet I stand as the scene evolves around me. Fights and screams, blood is laid before my hooves. Finally a stallion emerges victorious, his features faded, long forgotten. The time of day changes to night, and there we are, embracing one another. Was it in my heart that I felt love? Had it been love that I felt during that sweet, sweet night? No.

Pathetic.

All around me the world revolves, and I am struck with pain. Sweat pours down my body as I fall into labor, screams whipping through the night's eerie silence. My throat is hoarse as I cry, the pain unbearable. I had faced many wounds, fought many horses, dealt with so much pain. But it was as if all the wounds I have suffered have gathered all at once, sending me through a phase of screaming and thrashing. I can feel the being that had been growing inside of me slipping free now. I was going to be free of these chains, these horrible chains that kept me away from the adrenaline of battle. A small smile crosses my lips before the last push helps the child break free, the last of my strength used to look at the little thing and begin licking it. I should have known something was wrong with it. The way it lay there limply, I should have known. It took me an hour or so to realize why it didn't move. I was frustrated and afraid. Out of pure rage is scream, "Move dammit!" But the child, my progeny, is dead. It does not bother to listen to my cries, my body shaking as I sob over my lost child. I do not bother to check its gender, I bother not to name it. I drag it away from the herd and bury it alone, trying to gather myself.

I'm not pathetic.

I am Agrona, I have a family, a family I love. A family that loves me.

I stand now in the present, surrounded by those I care for. My family, the ones not related by blood but by heart, by choice. They are all smiling, enjoying a good time. A dead animal is being tossed among the girl, Amara and her dog, Seele and Eris surveying their herd. Oxy is slumped against a tree, his lips freshly colored in green from his leaves. Circuta and Ghost lurk there in the shadows, shallow smirks upon their soft kissers. Merikh growls while Histe kicks an innocent horse's body, entrails spread throughout the area. Reizend simply hums, the only who isn't corrupt in this entire herd. Vulture stands beside Arlo, the two of them surveying the interaction. I stand and smile, exhaling. Family. Walking forward, I enter the herd and allow myself to nod my head to the Ladies. I halt then and there, my head turning. There is a blind little child, the white on his coat shifting to show images and colors. For a moment my own deceased child stands beside him, smiling. Everything freezes around me, nothing else mattered as I stare at my stillborn child. No. I tell myself, watching the child fade away. I was safe now, able to release the breath in my lungs I had been holding.

Tagged: I got @[Agrona]. And freakin' name confusions man. :I Almost tagged Angora like, 5 times. XD Anyway, hope ya like it :D <3
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
i swear there's no more silver lining
cause i'm all out of breath

image credits
table by whit
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Lol, I know it, I'm sorry! xD
This was.. absolutely perfect Dark. My feels, ._. I love it! :)

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

I’m not afraid of that stupid stallion anymore. He might think I lay in terror at night with him plaguing my dreams, but not anymore. Someday I’ll get my vengeance and I’ll make him bleed just like I did. I can even give him a scar, a reminder of me and the mistake he made on that day he attacked me. There is something stirring in the corner of my eye. I turn and see a dark shape bumbling toward me. All at once I feel rage and hatred swell up inside. “You nasty whore!” I scream as I fly toward him. Still don’t know what that word is, but I know whatever it is, that stallion definitely is one.

When I should’ve been crashing into the shape, it vanishes. “What?” I look around in confusion, trying to find where that monster went. A loud huff of frustration escapes from my mouth and I shake my head. Maybe I’m so consumed with revenge right now that I am seeing things. I turn and take a step, but the ground beneath me cracks and shatters. A scream escapes from my lips as I feel myself plummeting. I desperately try to flap my wings or to steady myself, but I realize their chained at my sides. Laughter rings in the air around me. Voices whisper. So many voices. What their saying I can’t make out.

I feel my body hit something hard. A cry of pain escapes from my lips and I rise up to my feet. My wings droop down as I feel the chains slide off of them. What was going on? I am so very confused. This feels too real to be a dream. When I look around I can hear the laughter again, then the voices come back. Frantically I look around, trying to find where they are coming from. “Come out!” I shout. “I can hear you there.”

Out of the corner my eye I can see something moving. I jerk my head in the direction and there’s nothing there. Who is playing this game? Is it that stallion? Something grips my leg, and I give out a loud neigh in fright. A skeletal hand has taken ahold of it. “Let me go!” I jerk my leg up, and I watch the hand dissipate into dust. Another grips my left hind leg, and then my right. I fling my legs upward into a buck, but as I shift the weight to my front more hands take a hold of me. Finally I spread out my wings and give it all my strength, and I can feel myself rising. Desperately I fly upward and manage to find myself in a clearing. Wow, the scenery definitely changed dramatically.

I can see a figure, and my eyes go wide. “Africa?” I call softly. She turns toward me. Something about her isn’t right. She looks angry. You, she spits. You left after how much I did for you. Disgusting little thing be gone from my sight. Her words hurt. I blink and try to form up a reply but she’s gone before I can say anything.

Aurelia, this voice is deeper. I look over and see Gaucho. Stupid little girl. “Hold up!” I say, “You’re not Gaucho, you speak to clearly.” Suddenly hits me. This is all a dream.

@[Aurelia]
Image Credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
HAHAHAHA. I love the ending. This is wonderful! :o

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Setting January 31st as deadline to get your post up, please!! I figure this gives everyone time to get past the holiday craziness :)

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

She was absolutely bursting with anticipation for the events of the day! She had never decorated a tree before, but it seemed like a fitting reward considering the gift she'd received from the Giving Tree. The tingle of magic back in her body felt so natural, but she knew it was a special gift, one that touched her deeply with memories of Nocturne, where she'd first known her magic, although of a different kind. If anything discovering new abilities in Helovia only pricked her memories of her homeland even further, and each day she spent her she felt a greater need to return and find her sister and her son. After all, so many had survived the storm and found their way here... she just had to believe that they were alright or else she could not rest. If they weren't here by now, then they must have survived at home, they simply must have!

This growing need to depart was yet another reason to spruce up a spruce. Kahlua had welcomed her into her herd and had grown to be such a fast friend, even giving her a gift, which Alysanne still wore. The glass tiara twinkled in the afternoon sunlight as she frolicked, casting a dazzle of rainbows against the white backdrop of snow which at times, distracted Alysanne with their beauty. She'd occasionally stop to watch the colors dance, awe filling her emerald eyes with a naive wonder.

This did nothing to help her find the tree she'd picked out earlier either, as after her moments of stopping she'd pick up the wrong direction, not that she seemed to notice, or mind. She was after all enjoying a nice stroll with her two friends, Kahlua and Miyakel, how better could she spend this fine day?
“It's over here!" she called out to her guardian angel. Miyakel trotted alongside her and looked to where her muzzle pointed, but try as he might he couldn't see a thing.
“Are you sure?" Miyakel asked. “Well, now that you mention it..." Alysanne responded, pausing after each word as she reconsidered. Miyakel flashed a warm smile, well accustomed to her sense of direction.

“Well, why not pick a different tree?" Kahlua offered brightly, coming to stand on the other side of Alysanne. The painted pegasus nodded in agreement to her friend, bursting off in a flurry of snow as the excitement overtook her. “Okay, this way!" she called back to them, laughter coloring her words.

The trio dashed through the snow, spreading good cheer through the Thistle Meadow, when suddenly, CRASH!

Feathers swirled all around Alysanne as her wings and body wrapped against a dark shape. Sprawled out on the ground with her, Aleksandr lay in a daze. “Oh!" she exclaimed, rushing to her feet to kneel down beside the lean, black stallion. “Sasha! I'm so glad I found you today!" Alysanne smiled wide, reaching her muzzle out towards him as he began to regain his bearings.
“I'm not," he grumbled under his breath as he hoisted himself back to his feet, shaking the dusting off snow of his back in one swift movement. Alysanne ignored his dark mood, as usual, pressing her joy onto him, perhaps even carelessly even her, but she was too eager to be cautious - as he already well knew.

“What is all," Aleksandr paused, grappling for the word to explain and finally deciding on, that about you?" Alysanne glanced around, thinking he was referring to the plants that had begun to sprout about her hooves now that she'd stopped moving for a few seconds. “Oh, I have magic again!" she offered as way of explanation, but Aleksandr shook his head. “No, the sparkley things," he clarified, although he was curious about her new magic now that she mentioned it.

“It's decorations, for the tree," Miyakel offered as he arrived, glancing between Alysanne and Aleksandr with a mild uncertainty. Alysanne nodded and was provided a distraction as Kahlua came upon the scene as well. “Yes, and why don't we decorate that one there. We have to hurry before it gets dark," the Edge glazier gestured to the tree Aleksandr was standing near. It was a small and well-weathered pine, in obvious need of some holiday cheer. Alysanne absolutely brightened at the idea, jumping on all fours and fluttering her wings as she spun around the trunk, giggling in joy. “Absolutely!" she agreed, beginning to string the tinsel wrapped about her neck in its boughs.

Kahlua joined in, creating glass ornaments for it in various shapes and sizes. Miyakel glanced at Aleksandr, who was a bit overwhelmed by everything, before striding forward and unstrung the golden lace he carried.
In the end, even Aleksandr joined in. Alysanne bumped into him just as she was finishing up, and flashed him a smile, her coat hiding her blush. “Oh Sasha, this is perfect," she breathed, and he head the heart not to say anything in return, letting the moment unwind as it would.

They all four stood back to regard their feat, and though Alysanne knew it was nothing so grand as the wall Kahlua had made, she thought it was beautiful and a fitting gift for the season.

“Happy Holidays," she whispered, her heart fluttering in her chest.

Sorry for the delay! Hope you enjoy this @[Alysanne] :) I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with Alysanne but it was fun to start thread stalking her ;D

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
AHHH!! That was just wonderful to read, Blu! :D You nailed her (and her silly friends!). She totally would pick the tree that she thought needed some cheering up ;)

I've got a big ol' grin on my face now <3 what a great thing to wake up to!
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

The cool mist of night fog lingered over the swaying grasses, the white glow of the oversized moon casting eerie shadows of leafless trees across the earth. Silently, the shadow mare lays beneath a rough-barked tree, her dark face pressed against the trunk. Her head raced wildly, ears tipped backward as each thought seemed to become more and more heavy on her weary mind. Dark eyelids begin to drop over vibrant eyes, her dark nose slowly dipping down to rest against curled legs. The fog is thick and chilly, but the silent body does not twitch or shy away from the cold, instead she greets it, more memories of her past home flooding the gates of her dark mind.
Sleep washes over the Warmblood's body, allowing her to drift into a warm blanket of endless dreams.

A clear cut of incinerated trees, nothing live spurts from the ground, only seared branches and stumps, the occasional rickety top of a tree waiting to make some poor mare a widow. Her body feels heavy, as if someone had draped a thick cloak over her shoulders and vack. With careful steps, the black figure begins to search the remains of the apparent fire zone, amber eyes flitting around nervously. The thick clouds of smoke still linger and pollute the once crisp air, choking out small animals that try to hide in the near trees that had not been scorched. A tan hoof stomps down into a deep amount of water, catching her by surprise and causing her to wheel back some short distance. Massive appendages unfurl from the mare's side in turn of being startled, the weight that had once seemed to reside on her back now hanging awkwardly in the air.

She swings her cranium to the left, then to the right, bright eyes wide with disbelief. A repulsed snort erupts from her thin chest, the wings going limp and hanging at either side as if they had suddenly become broken. An anger boils in her guts, her heart pulsating hard against her rib cage, the once eerie silence of her surroundings is now replaced by the loud thrum of her heart. Panic, fear, and anger all twist and knot together in the confused female's lithe body. She darts forward, the white that paints the bottom of her long legs turning into a dark, spotty grey as ashes cake to her limbs.

The puddle that she had before stepped in has somehow developed into the hot springs that bubble happily in the Basin, small shoots of swamp grass and reeds poking out around the edges of the waters. Bright eyes are weary and frightened, the whites showing on either side of her soft yellow irises. Hooves splash loudly through the gruesomely hot water, each droplet that hits her hide stinging her dark skin. That's when it all stops; her feet, her lungs, her pulse, even the quiver of molested waters.. there, in the water, stares back a mare that looks exactly like Psyche herself... but without even a broken horn jutting from her skull. Instead, there is an empty space, just a white stripe cascading down her dark face, partially hidden beneath fuzzy forelock.

The wings unfurl from her sides once more, beating the steamy air multiple times without her control. The loud swish of air paddles through the air, bouncing between invisible walls and vibrating through her brain. Psyche is no longer Psyche, but she is what she had grown to hate, had destroyed so many of. Her very physical appearance revolted the mare. As if something snapped in her brain, she felt a pang of anger bolt through her body, her skull reacting by lurching back at her own right wing. A mouth full of feathers is departed from her body, blood trickling from the fine pores that dapple the skin beneath the horrendous appendages.

This goes on for what seems like hours, feathers being dropped into the hot water that now has no effect on the maiden's legs. Each black feather floats away with an imaginary current in the still pond, some being sucked beneath the surface and fed on by ravenous make-believe creatures. Blood begins to bead together and roll off of the half-bare limb before dropping into the dark pond. Tears stream from amber eyes, deep breaths inhaled sharply between sobs that are muffled by feathers.

They come one by one, various faces that have feared her, faces that have cherished her, faces that had followed her. They watch in silence, keeping their distance as if she were in a glass cage. Illynx stares at the shadow mare, her golden eyes furious and full of hate. One last scream erupts from her gaped mouth, teeth tainted in her very own blood, before she drops to her knees, legs buckling and bending beneath her until she lolls onto her side, her face propped perfectly from the water to keep breathing. This is when they come after her, like a hyena to the scraps of an antelope; their horns of all shapes and sizes glint in the darkness before she is engulfed by their hungry bodies.

Snapping out of the wicked nightmare, Psyche's skull pulls high enough into the air to make her front portion want to follow, her front legs shooting out as if she were to run. Heart beating at a ridiculous rate, she can feel her mane sticking to the side of her sweaty neck, as well as the dampness that seems to cover most of her body due to both the fog and her own perspiration. Nostrils flare and flutter, large to small, large to small, taking in as much oxygen as she can in order to gain control of her heart beat once more.

There is not a single life around her, no golden eyes glaring down at a winged body, not even the flap of an alien limb on either of her sides. No blood pools beside her body. She is Psyche as she knows herself.

[@[Psyche] sorry this took me so long to get up! Merry belated Christmas! <3]

[W/C | 1003]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Rayo the Reindeer Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 hh :: 21
Rayo
:O

That was perfect <33333 I love it :D

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Was there no instruction manual for this thing? He had stumbled upon the orb quite by accident, guarded as it was by a strange spirit, but it was his now. He had won, whatever that meant. He stood now where he had been given it, on the edges of the Deep Forest. In the late afternoon light, the orb glowed dimly, nestled in the decaying leaves that carpeted the ground.

For a while, the large stallion had considered crushing it, squashing the little life that had barely even begun to live. He wondered what sort of mess it would make – it was a strange little thing. Not quite an egg, not quite… anything really. Would it just pop or was there already something alive in there, growing and searching for a way to crack the surface?

He knew there was, or would be, a companion inside of it. Or rather, he had been told about it but he certainly did not mind going about as if he had knew all along. A companion! A creature that would have its soul bound to his and would be his other half, his little soul mate in another body.

The idea was laughable.

It all seemed rather sentimental and he saw no reason to get himself tangled up in anything along those lines. He roughly nudged the orb with his black nose, knocking it against some rocks before placing a hoof on the orb – pressing down with just enough pressure until he heard a small crack. Sentimentality was weak. Connections should exist for his benefit, if they needed to be made at all. Small little things, here and there: allies for the meantime or tools that he could use in the future for his own ambitions. Of those he had plenty, this land was ripe with buggers to kill and annoying little voices that should be silenced.

But then, perhaps there were benefits to having a companion. It could come in handy, here and there. A smaller creature that shared his mind, that could run and perform various little errands for him. It might even be a tactical advantage, especially if it could fly.

Oh yes there were certainly benefits.

Not enough, though. With a decisive motion and a flash of excitement in his bright yellow eyes, he focused his entire weight onto the little orb – crumpling the casing and the little thing within it. It gave a little squeak, and when he moved away his leg it twitched still.

It. was. ugly.

Of course, the damage inflicted did not help – that was probably an improvement over its natural state. It was an odd little creature. Half wolf, half Egyptian vulture. A creature that would have been fearsome to behold had it been able to grow into itself. But that was not going to happen. No drawn out, pathetic little life for the pitiful thing. It breathed in shaky breaths – undoubtedly there were some serious internal bleeding to pair nicely with the shattered bones. If he left it now it wouldn’t take too long to finish itself off, probably even before the sun slipped underneath the horizon to finish off the day.

But where was the fun in that? He wanted to feel the rest of the life pop right out of the bloody little mess. Another meeting with his hooves, plus a couple more hurried stomps for good measure, ensured that there was nothing left of the funny little creature.

The buzzards would be along soon, though there was little left to make into a meal.

Well, now that that had been taken care of – it was time to move on. A small, proud smirk twisted at his features as he left the site – not even casting a second glance back. The incident, undoubtedly, would give him pleasant dreams that night and then be forgotten.

There had never been anyone that Krieger could depend on other than himself – and that fact was never going to change.

ooc: Yay! Finally all done! I got @[Krieger] and he's a fair bit different than what I normally write so it was a bit of a challenge ;) but still fun to do! Merry Christmas dear! Hope you like it :)

Krieger
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries