the Rift

[OPEN] monsters

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>

The silence was long, but that was fine, because it wasn't an awkward silence for me. I rather enjoyed the peacefulness of this land. The quiet wasn't very quiet. As we've gone over already, there are birds and the trees' leaves rustling.

Then the quietness ends soon though. Mauja speaks up now, shattering the serenity of the forest. "So.. if I ask about your group again.. will I get more of an answer this time?" I smile softly at him before I speak up myself. "Depends. Do you want more of an answer?" I speak in jovial tones. "Shoot, Mauja." I say slightly more seriously, extending my muzzle out to him. Maybe my customs are different from his, but he should not take a simple gesture as a flirtatious thing or anything. If he does, I may just walk away right now.

What will he ask me? Simple things, probably. Things like 'What are your goals?' or 'Any other members?' Well, unfortunately, I haven't really been recruiting, but I'm going to start soon... hopefully. Mauja is going to think I've gone batshit crazy or something along those lines.

Hehe, maybe Mauja's crazy... wait, fuck, is he part of the Asylum? "So Mauja, you aren't part of any group? Unaffiliated?" My voice is soft, almost a whisper. The Asylum is crazy. The leader, or temporary leader, wanted to yank my ear off my head. The equine mare threatened his balls, and I'm sure if I had balls, she would've threatened taking them. The kudu-horned bitch was there. She was strange and demented, but not a normal demented like the rest of them, no, she was the kind of two-faced horse that was sane then so crazy it scared you. I'm not on the best terms with them and the entire Asylum.

Oh well.

Think Think Think Talk talk
ooc; no comments <3
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

[ since this thread is old, I guess a move to the Shadowlands so we can complete it is in order? ]

It seemed that the sunlight and gentle blowing wind had stolen all hotheaded anger out of them, taken it up in its peaceful dance and stolen away, leaving little trace of it. Mauja's blood was cold once more, a slow, red trickle through old veins; his soul that plain of snow, lit by the pale winter sun, where nothing stirred. Where no black anger reared its ugly head. Even his voice was like that, reminiscent of the blend of snow and sun—as if he had all the patience in the world, all the time in the world, to stand there and ask her little questions and drink in the answers. Grow wiser. And in a way, he had. He wasn't going anywhere. He had nowhere to go. Nothing important to do. And in that sense, he was oddly honest. Oddly honestly calm. After having lived so long with his pulse pounding and just barely pulling his haunches away from the snapping destruction, it was strange.

Strange meets strange and it was fitting. She still didn't speak straightly, not exactly as if playing with him, but more like.. like she didn't know how to simply answer. It amused him a little. Why would he ask, if he didn't want to know more? Just to be able to put her down by saying he didn't care about "stupid little girls"? No; that wasn't his game. He'd never been cruel in those ways.. somehow, he had a notion he'd been a kind of good person his entire life.. depending on how you viewed things, of course. But, he thought with a slight smile curving his lips, it seemed like if he but asked, she would answer now; at least, if her words were honest. Her dainty muzzle reached out, like another shaft of sunlight in the forest. While her eyes were still warm, they didn't study him quite that way anymore. Besides, he'd made his point incredibly clear, hadn't he? So, if any of the world's logic still was sound...

Mauja's considerably larger head stretched forward, too, sunlight rippling over his white neck. Not that he had time to formulate, much less ask, any useful question before she cut in again; whispering, almost, soft as if afraid to stir some kind of beast.. or afraid of the answer? But she didn't seem afraid. Maybe it was just another quirk, to add some kind of suspense, there between the dark, looming trees. Still, if she wanted juicy tales of dark necromantic cults, he'd have to disappoint. He shook his head. "I'm a lone wolf," he replied, the small smile curving into his crooked grin for a moment. It was as much truth as he could put into words without going haywire—could he say that he sided with no-one? Supported no-one? If the Edge came hammering at the Basin and he knew of it, could he let those thieves try to steal more things they had no right to, and not defend the place where the majority of his family and friends resided? He wasn't sure. All he knew was that he needed some distance, some clarity, to not live in their midst and breathe their corrupt ideals and fuel the fires he'd helped start...

"So, your group.. what's your ambition?" Dark voice fell from dark lips, quiet and thoughtful; just another secretive murmur in this secretive place, and his blue eyes lit up with something—a mystery, simple knowledge, a little bit of insight in another's world... all things which he prized, things that made him feel alive, as he stored whatever tales he was told deep within his mind. What did she dream of?
Mauja
must keep those black wings folded until the time is right
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

baylee
Aurelia</style>
"Do you choose to be solitary... or are you unable to join any herds?" I ask him with a tone almost a whisper. I guess I am just afraid of the answer. What if his history here prevents him from joining a herd?

What if the mental image of him being perfect fades away?

I stand in an eery silence. My body doesn't dare to even twitch. I cock my head to the side and then freeze again. It takes him only a second to pursue his old train of questions. "So, your group.. what's your ambition?" My ambitions? My dreams, goals, and concerns, and everything else that is fucking wrong with it? "It's ambitions, dreams, and goals are not to be told to the public. Only group members may be told." My voice is straight-to-the-ppoint serious. He wanted an answer, and he got one. Every now and then, my group changes it's purposes and such. Just yesterday it had been just a herd of horses that could offer safety and protection to other horses. Tomorrow it may be a supremacist group with an urge to kill all bare-backed atrocities.

But they aren't atrocities.

Mauja isn't a blemish on Helovia's beautiful land. Mauja shines... he's kinda like glitter thrown on a beautiful model... metaphorically, I guess. He seems like a good guy, but behind his eyes could be many dark secrets... or even none. I want to find out more about him, but that poses a challenging task, for he doesn't seem like the type just to throw information out into the wind. "Why don't you tell me about you? Then, I may be more inclined to tell you about myself." My head straightens and I look at him through curious eyes.

"Where do you come from?" I pause for a moment, truth washing over my eyes. "Or you can tell me about your life here?" I offer him a soft smile. I blink softly for a moment and wait for an answer of some sort from Mauja, the spot-kissed boy. (if that is even his real name.)

think think think think
talk talk talk talk
ooc; no comments

image credits

Ascended Helovian

She didn't leave him be.

Not that he left her be, either.

Mauja's mind was a maze, as secretive as the storm clouds darkening midnight skies; he spoke as little of himself as he could, but nudged and nosed for the secrets of others. He wanted to know of their hearts and dreams, drink in every little detail and commit every word to memory—and wanted to give nothing of himself away. At least, nothing that was deeper than his skin. He wore his scars for all to see, but didn't speak of what caused them.

"I choose to walk alone," he replied in a low, even voice; was that a flash of wolfish darkness chasing itself across his irises? A hint of mystery to put her off her questions, before she lured out the demon in him again? Besides, it was the safest thing to answer: it was his choice. Did he need to justify it? He'd simply say, because I want to, and that'd be the end of it. For some strange reason he'd allowed Nyx to dig into his mind, into his hoard of secrets, but this youngster—no. He did not want to let her in. For his own sake. And for her sake. The old voice of caution was there, whispering that those who knew too much could not be allowed to share what they knew.

But she was just as secretive as he, two glacial statues trying to talk with stone tongues and feel alive with dust in their marble veins, but nothing but the wind blew between them, as insignificant as the mayflies. Her reply drew a dark, quiet chuckle from him—something about her teasing for more information had drawn the warmth out from the sun, raised the old walls of caution in his mind. Better to be detached beneath the pleasantry, cold underneath the layer of faux warmth lining his pale skin: nothing but a dream, of glorious darkness, and things which could never be. As beautiful as the mountain peaks, and just as unreachable.

"Hmm," he breathed in response, blinking slowly. Information for information? An interesting trade, but one he could not trust, and didn't particularly want to partake in. Not honestly at least, and she could feed him whatever lies she wanted—just as he could. And would, if she was persistent enough. "I come from the far, distant north," he finally said, a trace of life in his frigid blue eyes. And his life in Helovia? That was not a tale for the ears of adolescents, far too dark to speak of to any but those who had partaken in it. And to those, he did not speak of it, but lived it.

"In Helovia, I have roamed far and wide," he finally said, letting that small smile edged with darkness return. "Some would know of me by name, some not. Ask around, and perhaps you will hear of my deeds—though I cannot promise it will be a tale you will enjoy. Perhaps you would've wished you'd left the hunt alone." And his head tilted to the side, his eyes once again unreadable; a mirror of whatever she wanted to see in them.
Mauja

baylee
Aurelia</style>

With the gaze of the fire girl watching him, taking in his scent, being near him, and hearing his voice... she cannot help, but imagine how hideous a child from the likes of them would look like. An appaloosa with golden spots, blue wings, creepy eyes, and a gold horn? Well, that would be creepy. The again, maybe it'd be so ugly... it'd be cute? I don't see much logic in that theory, but I will not try to think of something better.

Logic? What logic?

As he closes his mouth, a take a few shallow breathes that rattle my weary lungs and dry my throat. Helovia is vast, I wouldn't doubt he has traveled far in this region, but it seems he is a trouble maker.. She looked at him with a gaze that said 'I don't care, you're still cool in my head'. Can gazes say that much? Well, they can't say anything at all, but the emotion is so clear. "I will not bother you for the answers I seek, Mauja the Ironclad." Her voice dies to a whisper as she says his name.

His name and his nickname.

He has recieved his nickname, thus symbolizing the end of their conversation. "Why do we have hope, Mauja? If we fail countless times, why do we still try? A question riddled with darkness..." She pauses, turning away from him. "Think about that next time you speak of you dark history... farewell Ironclad." She steps delicatally towards the forest. With a strong gust of wind, she feels the tingling sensation in her eyes, but moments later it vanishes. She is in the forest, safe from monsters like the wind...

and the Ironclad.

think think think think
talk talk talk talk
ooc; MAUJITA GOT A NICKNAME. and sorry for thus crappyness. ;-;

image credits

[/quote]

Ascended Helovian

[ OMG A NICKNAME. ]

Some people thrive with the wolves at their heels, some find it fun for a while, but then, when they're trying to outpace death and beat their head against a stone wall at the same time—they stop to see the fun in it. Because there is no fun in it, when your dance partner is a statue made of marble and as immovable as a rock, and just as unbendable and graceless as the frozen dead. Perhaps she was not yet hardened enough to toss and toy with information like a bone between growling stray dogs, put off by the way he skirted the issue and said nothing of value, because just like that she looked at him, keenly, and ended the game. Simply walked off the board. ".. Mauja the Ironclad."

Iron? No one had ever said he was clad in iron before. Subtly he glanced down at his own legs, the clean, strong width of his cannons and the mess of long fur by his hooves—iron? Was his mind and soul so strong that she truly saw no hope at all?

Well, it was for the best. He couldn't go around falling apart like this.

She went on a little, turned away, and he couldn't help but feel like he'd let her down somehow. It lodged in his veins, a weight across his heart—hadn't he, sort of, wanted to help her? And instead just pushed her further and further away? Too caught up in the rhythm of his own dance, of trying not to trip over his feet and fall down and break his legs.

"We have hope because we're all mortal fools," he mumbled after her retreating back, the feeling of failure washing across his skin like yesterday's sweat, unpleasant and chafing. "And keep trying because one day, we hope that things will turn out differently." Quietly he shook his head, long mane stirring against an arched neck—if there ever was an angel it was he, as cold and selfish as the distant stars. "Vertu sæl, Aurelia, og má þin framtíð verda bjartari."

And so, Mauja, too, turned his back on that place and left, as graceful as the wind but as heavy as the mountains.
Mauja