[OPEN] A new day [Herd Vote]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Megaera heard the echoing call from nearby and hastened to follow. The voice had been familiar to her, the first she had heard in Helovia, belonging to the warrior and Sultan of her new home. She tried to move quickly to answer that stallion’s summons, but though the burns on her front legs and muzzle had begun the heal, the skin was still tight a uncomfortable. Her recovery had been aided by the waters at the Oasis on the other side of the herd’s territory; it had washed away the smell of blood and ash and cleaned the tips of her wings. The burnt feather tips had fallen away to leave her wings shortened and lopsided.

The mare approached the gathering, her first time in that place since joining the herd late the previous season. It gave her pleasure to see Africa, who had been there to greet her at the Threshold along with Goucho. They grey mare had been so welcoming that Meg had liked her instantly. Now, she picked her way over to stand near the dappled mare and gave her a nod and a slime in greeting. She then turned her gaze to where the Gaucho stood and spoke; she guessed the paint that stood near him must be the other Sultan of Dragon’s Throat whom she’d heard about but had not yet seen.

The great warrior that spoke had captured Meg’s interest on their first meeting, being obviously a seasoned fighter but free of the malicious aura that she had first expected. He spoke of the Sun God, as he had at their first meeting, and the topic still interested Meg; here eyes followed as Midas and then Africa raised their voices in agreement. She had begun to see and hear signs of the Sun God’s influence in Dragons throat, and though she’d never encountered him herself, she had to acknowledge that it was indeed the god’s desert domain. “I’ve yet to meet the Sun God, but everyday it seems I see more and more of what he has done for the Throat.”She turned her eyes back to Africa with a quizzical expression, the mare seemed unwell, or at least a little uncomfortable.

-lainespeak-
Meg’s in favor!

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
A new day [Herd Vote] - by Gaucho - 01-07-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: A new day [Herd Vote] - by Midas - 01-07-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: A new day [Herd Vote] - by Africa - 01-07-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: A new day [Herd Vote] - by Megaera - 01-07-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: A new day [Herd Vote] - by Hector - 01-07-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: A new day [Herd Vote] - by Gaucho - 01-08-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: A new day [Herd Vote] - by Midas - 01-08-2014, 02:45 PM