the Rift

[OPEN] Safety

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Sweat. It was dripping down my sides. It was frothing up against my pelt. It was keeping a cold chill against my frame. I had used to dread the incoming heat and the way that sweat had radiated from my pelt - preferring my much more temperate, northern home with an abundance of rivers leading to mountains. But I could not change that. And with the beacon of a light leading both Alleo and I as he called after me. Panic had been in his lungs. Each word laced with a concern that just couldn't seem to be hidden. The way he had screamed my name - it had almost forced my hooves to dig into the ground and kick up the dirt and my haunches to fall back as if to stop. But, at the last second I'm only pushing off even faster. Something was wrong and I would not allow everything to fall apart. It would be harder, but this sight had to have been granted to me for a reason. I could have lived with the lack of a voice and sight - I had lived just fine without sight for so long. It was now, this exact moment, that I had decided this was the reason. Something was changing in the world, and for my own safety the Earth God had tried to find some way to offer me another piece of protection.

Burning in my limbs. I wasn't sure how long we had been running, but I was still chugging away. Be careful. Those two words kept repeating in my mind as I kept my eyes squeezed shut, relying more heavily on the vibrations of the world around me to ensure that I didn't trip and fall from my lack of understanding of the nuances of sight. It was only every few minutes that I would allow my orbs to open as I felt Alleo's body shift in directions, even if it was minutely, to ensure that I was still following the flaming beacon from the sky above. And, once certain the creature was not beginning to take a turn into a different direction my eyes would fall shut again and I would allow my body to submerge itself in the sensitive twists of the vibrations around me.

Chest tightening. I needed to stop. It burned. I was meant for endurance, for speed, but I didn't think I was meant for both at the same time in such rigor. The colder months, which were prevalent in the Foothills, were beginning to produce an ache in my bones from the many, many broken and healed bones I had been dealt in my thousands upon thousands of years walking upon a sodden earth. It seemed, though, that it was a gift as we had come across a cave, following the voices that were familiar to my ears enough to continue wading my way in.

Uncertainty. It's looming in Alleo's voice as he calls out a hello that seems to echo off the walls in such a cold way there is a shiver being sent down my spine. Instantly, I'm pressing myself up against him, moving forward with my eyes closed and trying to act as a guide towards the meeting deep in the caverns. He does his best to try and keep me pushed away from the sharp rocks that stick up from the ground, though as long as I kept my eyes shut I knew just where to step to keep from having any part of my frame skewered. This way, he said just as I thought the same thing. His sides were heaving, as I felt the familiar vibrations of those around me, searching for Sohalia in this mess of winged beasts.

Family I considered my own, even if I wasn't understood. They were here, thankfully, and I allowed my eyes to open - taking in the colours. As I took a step away from Alleo and connected with those of my herd I could feel the heat begin to radiate off of my frame, if only just a little, as flames began to curl off of my mane and tail as well as my hooves. It was harmless, but gorgeous, and soon I was staring enraptured at the others in my herd with their burning hair and hooves that were lighting up these caves. A beacon of hope - or at least I suppose some would call it that. It is then that Alleo asks what's wrong after tossing his head toward the water that is dripping off of the wall, trying to tell me to drink. My nostrils are flared, yes, and my sides may be heaving, but I will not drink now. I need to understand what this threat is that has us located in this cave vying for safety.

Darkness. Gaucho is bellowing, grunting that it is above as he spreads out his wings lined with the harmless flames. Others speak, some begging to go back out and find those who are in their herd. But, should they be returning to such places? A stag screams his love for our Oracle, and then bursts out of the meeting as if he is actually on fire, as if he is going to die should he stay in this space for long. I can't place everything that is happening, Hector offers himself for use as seen fit, and some creatures pass introductions along.

Chaos. There seems to be a mess. The herd is mixing and shifting. A panic is coursing through everyone's veins. I open my mouth to speak, and again no words will come out. I doubted they would, but I had to try. Calm.... Please. Panic does nothing but injure... But did it matter? Would they have even listened to me? Most likely not. It felt as though, since I had spoken out earlier, that I would not have such a favorable opinion. Once blind, creme eyes peer back towards Midas, an apologetic look etched upon my features. I had run away from Fina earlier, unable to shove bad thoughts from my mind. But, now with everyone on fire I couldn't keep myself from the images replaying in my mind. I shuffle back a few steps, keeping myself positioned behind Alleo's shoulder and allowing my weakened frame to press up against his pelt, continuing to feel my constricted lungs and burning limbs.

Never had collapsing and sleeping felt so good. Never had the idea seemed so dangerous...
R
take another breathe

Messages In This Thread
Safety - by Midas - 01-08-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Safety - by Gaucho - 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Safety - by Africa - 01-08-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: Safety - by Satanic Silk - 01-08-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Safety - by Alleo - 01-08-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: Safety - by Gaucho - 01-08-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Safety - by Megaera - 01-09-2014, 02:47 AM
RE: Safety - by Windwalker - 01-09-2014, 03:42 AM
RE: Safety - by Pheonix - 01-09-2014, 04:29 AM