the Rift

No, of course I am not cranky.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK & KIRCHOFF
Each point in space (and time) is associated with a vector that determines what force a moving charge would experience.

Kirchoff could feel the black, hellish blood that fueled his mortal body drip down his neck, and he was grateful that the scruff around that area was thick and full of layered hackles. Still, the bite hurt every time he turned his head, but he would not let such pain deter him from the battle this angry little slut had started. Power he had never felt before hammered in his chest, and he wanted to use it for all it was worth. Even Ulrik, the brutally intelligent Engineer, did not have power that felt like this. The hellhound jumped out of his magic, jaws wide open, watching her body swing away from him – just not fast enough. His novice, long canines sank into the skin on her scruff, but he found the excess skin to be a nuisance. No, his fangs longed for something far more important, so he released his prey, watching her head turn to snap his direction. Having already let her go, Kirchoff slunk back and avoided her bite, the ache from her puncture wounds making him much wiser.

Instead, he struck out with his long, slender forelegs, aiming to take his sharp nails over her hide. The wolf-like hellhound knew from hunting that his nails and webbed feet could be used to pull meat from bone, so perhaps he could do that while she was still breathing. Ulrik’s words arrived in the nuclear fallout that was his focused mind, and the hellhound grinned, baring wolf teeth on his long snout. “I fine. You bit on butt.” He snickered in his head and thrashed at the female again with his nails, jumping up and down like a pup playing with a hare in a rabbit hole. Now wouldn’t that just piss her off? She needed to get the rod out from up her butt.

Ulrik grunted at Kirchoff’s words, but the hellhound’s confidence and sensation of power leaked over through their bond. The Engineer felt the skin pinch over his hips from the wordless brute’s bite (ironic, isn’t it?), and one of his reactive hooves smacked against Archibald’s shoulder. What was surprising was that even though the stallion was moving away from him, the impact of his hoof on his opponent was rather sharp, sharp enough that he felt it radiate up his body and rattle in his hip. Just as both of his hooves landed on the ground, he watched Archibald approach again, tilting his head and letting his horn scrape along the stallion’s side. From the looks of it, the scratch was shallow but long, and Ulrik felt rather satisfied at that fact. His opponent’s grunt of pain only added to his satisfaction, and the Engineer’s moment of success lasted too long for such a fast paced battle. He had distracted himself. What an idiot.

Words to the wise: don’t get cocky. Ulrik hadn’t really thought through the fact that Archibald running away from him meant that his fat ass would then be near his face. And what was connected to fat asses? Dinner plate hooves with horse-shoes. The Engineer seemed to watch in slow motion as Archibald’s hooves flashed out toward his face, unable to move quickly enough and cursing at himself in his head with a bitter resignation. With a duck, he managed to save his bearded face.

However, the same could not be said for his upper shoulder. One, gigantic, shod hoof collided with the muscular area just above his shoulder blade and at the base of his neck on the left side of his chest. Fuck, did that hurt. Ulrik felt like the muscle was tearing from his bones, and the wind was completely knocked from his lungs. The stallion wanted to shake it off, but the next thing he knew, he was rooted in place, groaning as he was forced to face the pain head on and without limping around. Instead of feeling anger, like most others would feel, Ulrik was rather impressed. Archibald was able to take advantage of a situation and play to his strengths. Touche.

The magic effects that made him stiff wore off, and he tested his weight by backing out of the Rotunda and onto the icy ground. He was limping on his front, left leg, and the sharp pain of a bruised muscle keeping him from putting his full weight on the limb. The Engineer hoped that here, the shoes would send his opponent sliding through the slush while his cloven hooves would give him much needed stability. With his magic, he called his wolf-machine possession into battle, hearing it whir and click with life. The hunk of steel, slightly smaller than Kirchoff, ran into the clearing and slid on the ground, aiming to crash into Archibald while Ulrik recovered.

[[(796 words according to microsoft word!) | (2/3)
- Used :: [Item: Machine Wolf | mechanized metal wolf of medium size capable of obeying verbal commands and sensing movement]
- Kirchoff aims to scratch Loretta
- Ulrik takes Archi's hit to the shoulder, and he is stuck there for 50 seconds
- Backs out of the Rotunda and uses his item to try to hit Archi]]

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 03-17-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Archibald - 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Archibald - 04-12-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 05-09-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Archibald - 05-28-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 06-27-2014, 02:33 PM