the Rift

[OPEN] Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING (finished/closed)

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster

Ghost wasn't one of those who hated the dark caves. They were a nuisance at times and the close proximity in which she had to live with others was both annoying and disturbing. She had never before been much interested in the complex lives of others, knowing that tangling herself in their sticky webs would rend her helpless one day, though she had broken one of her mothers cardinal rules. Today she was joining a herd for the first time since she was born. Once, for perhaps two minutes of her life, she had belonged to the Worlds Edge when it was ruled by the Frostheart, birthed in the Moon's misty embrace. Now she belonged to a place called the Hidden Falls and obeyed the command of Seele, a necromancer with a twisted nature she quite enjoyed. The getting there part was not all that hard after acquiring her bearings from leaving the cave it was a simple flight northwards over the Deep Forest and Helovia's claiming territory. She shivered a little in the air, all those days underground had confused her system, the tough hide she'd normally have in winter had not yet registered the cold month. It would be a long and difficult Frostfall this time.

In the dark times she had acquired something new, a deceiving magic that wrenched her of energy and time, but made an interesting effect. She wondered when she'd finally get a chance to try it out on another, maybe Seele had some poor trapped rabbit in need of torturing. Ghost daydreamed of screaming terrors and other morbid fantasies as the air whistled through her wings and brought a sound to her ears. It was the voice of Midas, a stallion she knew next to nothing of, but had met him once on a trip with the Asylum. Seele was also there and called for others to appear before her. Apparently Ghost was late, but better late than never.

She landed somewhere near Eris to listen to the words, it was her first ever herd meeting, not a gathering in a swamp they did not own (though Ghost did miss that swamp). An actual meeting in a land that she was now apart of. Her feelings on this were as of yet undecided, she had no idea what it was like to live apart of a land, thus her experience was a rare innocence. The faces of the asylum mingled with unknown characters and she almost laughed at the possibility for unrest, their band after all were not the easiest to get along with. Perhaps this Midas was especially good at dealing with squabbling arguments in a herd that appeared to be predominantly made up of females.

The sprite looked to Seele thoughtfully, did she enjoy standing up there? Her gaze drifted away to the land itself and the array of spectacular waterfalls. Was this everything her Czarina had wanted? Did this place make them any safer? Ghost did not know these answers, but maybe in time she would learn more. "As ever, your dagger in the shadows." She nodded once to her clairvoyant mistress.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

I'm quite late to the gathering to which I've been summoned. Then again, I've never been well known for my punctuality. I can move quickly if I really want to, but usually I don't want to. The point is I'm here now, right? The path through the trees was layered with rocks and roots, but I was pretty steady on my feet as I traveled down into the meadow of Hidden Falls. I enjoyed walking through the shallow waters near the beach, and finally I joined the gathering. There are many faces that I know, many that I don't. Equines, unicorns, pegasi, hybrids. All were gathered. Some companions, too. The ones that I recognized.. Seele's figure up above the masses, next to whom I gathered must be the lead stallion. Midas, I'd heard from whispers around me, and then from his announcement that I'd just come up to hear. Circuta, the one that had first brought me from the Threshold, is here along with Oxy, the one who loved on her like a puppy dog. The colt named Marco is here.. I am amused at that, if only because we had had rather strange interactions when last we met. Delinne, one that I barely know - really only her face. And then there's Elsa, the snowy white one that loves the winter. I glance around me and notice other bodies, faces that I will probably meet in the coming days and weeks. I look up to Seele and Midas again. Damaris crawls up from my rump to the top of my head, looking around from the slightly higher position and taking in her surroundings. I don't say anything, not wanting to interrupt, but nod my head appreciatively - and carefully - toward the new King and Queen. I may be a little late, but at least I'm here, right? One step at a time.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle
“Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences,
daydreams and misunderstandings,
more thrilling than understanding could ever be.”

A triad of both the avian and the crowned come forth — a short woman of cream and cerulean, a devil winged succubus, and a girl of the moon whom both gentle aroma and royal splashed hide she, the Nightingale, recognizes as the longing artisan of the Asylum, kin, cruor, and she allows the merest of gazes to rest upon she, a softening dancing within the contours of a delusional mind (for even the cursed, the forsaken, is no fresh face to the affections of a family, and she shall risk both life and crowned dome in order to lift them into salvation, far from the trembling and bony grasp of eradication and sodom), before dancing as pallid and furtive flame to the aureate beside her— and once more up to the gilded caliph as the phoenix that sails alongside him emits a screech from its breast, and alights upon his spine and withers (she does not fear the aureate and flame entrap beast, for she is marvelous and glorious, but the seething that chokes and winds as rope to ensnare her bosom is far more encompassing, far more empowered, a wildfire to match that which scalded within the soul of the fire kissed bonded).

Indeed, this, is where the Nightingale begins to pay proper attention to the Caliph; a song of etchings and lyrics escaping his onyx maw in a cascade of song— and she fixates the passive, violent in variation and hue, a turmoil of storm and brine crashed beach, of clockwork and intelligence and there is a darkness that broods as ice beneath the surface, a edge, for she is no childe and she, too, has once heralded the title of leader amongst her kin, has once led them into and from salvation, and she shall not place the fate of their brothers and sisters within the hands of a King if she does not approve of their flesh and marrow, of their personage, she shall not place her brothers and sisters in the hands of a stranger as she would not place her newborn babe into the hands of a purloined eradicator of men or women alike.
(If he so much as harmed a hair upon the pelt of any of her kin, she would allow him the knowledge of quite how much an irate and ireful female could be when faced upon the harm of their newborn cubs).

She does not give pause to her intentions, a gaze any mother would recognize, for he is handling her kin and she eyes him with the baleful expression a father may when examining their childe daughter's choice in men, strict as stone (and yet malleable to the future), does not pause when the cruor Queen drags a feather touch of a muzzle across the sleek sinew of her neck, impassive, for if the cardinal woman was a sword— she was the shield.
The cruor Queen remained reticent, leaving the Nightingale to observe the Gilded Caliph and the Jester Queen with the (highest) of a pliable frown. As the Caliph began to speak once more, the star-breasted woman tilted her dome upward, turned toward the dual couple standing (statuesque) upon the pedestal, queries and clockwork, Machiavellian ideas and curved cruelties, her kin drove her from home and bedding in the name of the forsaken and if a crow King with a trillion and few army feared the wrath of the witch, then they, too— would learn to wither and cower in her presence, to weep, to murmur and plead and she would see that each dagger lain blow would rest upon a grave of roses.

They would not see the violet eyed mistress for whom and what she served— not until Thanatos laid icy fingers upon clammy hide — and she would relish the primal rush of hunger as they succumbed to poisonous herb and tenebrous magic alike (let them suffer, let them believe, a Queen of cardinal would sit the throne and wear their bones for a chair).

“I would see this herd grow strong and flourish, both Asylum and those that claim Hidden Falls.”
She wished for them to rise to aptitude, to prestige and sovereignty, to spread salvation and aphotic meanderings across shivering earth, for they would rule under the sign of the realm in which they laid forth cause themselves, and if any dared stand in their way, she would draw both scalding dagger and sword to strike them down as the cretins they were (and she would begin with the skull-faced war schemiel). Her Queen leans upon her side— and she queries as to her thoughts, her ideals, her atrocious and nefarious induced speculations and deliberation, succoring glow from her flesh calming furious intentions within her own mind. But as the Caliph spoke once — she finds herself baffled at his lyrics, a haze of turbulence trembling within the contours of her mind. “I would also move to honor those that stood in a position of power.” Inquisitive.

And he beckoned for them. The cruor Queen and the forsaken Nightingale.
Why?

The shock of it turns her spine to concrete— why? What has she done to deserve such ranking? What has she endeavored, but to defend a Queen from a skull-faced liar?

As light as a mouse the woman slinked forwards, delicacy and grandeur spreading as rivulets down her frame, dome stretched high toward he and she, disbelief evident in the violent hue of her pearls.
"King of Dragons, you call upon me?" Her sharp gaze snapped to Eris and smiled— ever so slightly — as the surprise was clear in the woman's gaze, before returning once more attention to the Jester and the Caliph.
“Would ye stand as Sleuth, overseer of spies?”

Once again, bafflement filled her, widening purple to dance across to the Empress, and then once more to the Caliph. Did they wish to bribe, to extort, to exact loyalties upon them with the promises of high ranks? Did they wish to draw them into their armies with saccharine promotions? She was not a cavalier, a vain childe, and yet the deference was not cast away, demanded null, for she would always place the safeties and weight of her people upon she whom would aid them.
And so, with a dry mouth, the Nightingale spoke, honeyed, silvery, pallid and wavering, weaving saccharine songs with the air drawn to led lungs. Yet, strengthened, with the knowledge her kin delve among her.
"My acceptance is given. I will safeguard our kin from prying eyes and sharp tongues, Gilded Caliph— may I prove my worth of the position with fidelity and allegiances to our cause."

(And for once— the cardinal Queen and the Nightingale serve a common ideal: Lord of the mountains, may they forgive her).

CIRCUTA and ERIS

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie

C e a l e s t i s
Daughter of the Sky

The stallion is the first to speak of our miniature leaders, his voice crisp and polite on the crisp air of the late winter. His bird is splendid upon his shoulder, not small or meager as my earth creature which pants along side me with her pink tongue lolling out of her razor lined mouth, and while I hear his words, it is the burning flame on the spine of the man which I watch with full attention. She is beautiful, and worthy of our breeding; the dog alongside me is only a dog.

While she loves me, of this I can be sure, for I feel it in my bones whenever she looks upon me, I am not filled with such an emotion when I gaze upon her. Surely, I wish her to be safe; if not, I would have killed her myself. But there is no undying love that I am supposed to feel, according to my studies, at least not yet. Perhaps, in time, it will come to me, or perhaps my heart is too corrupted to truly know such an emotion.

After all, I covet my sisters dearly, but I would not die for a one of them. Their life is not worth a fraction of my own, not a one but perhaps my most beloved star sibling, and even she would burn before I set my own body aflame.

He rambles on about the God of the Earth, a simple God which provides us the mundus to wander and the life propelling the thrusts of our hearts. I do not know this God of mountain and sea, not as I know my mother of shadow and cloud, and the way the male talks of him does not flavor my pallet any more towards him than it already was. Still, the might of the stone molder can be seen all about us with a quick toss of a pupiless eye, and I will honor him if for no other reason than that he has provided the earth for us to glide above and gaze down on in wonder.

He promotes the mare known as Circuta, the one who is to help me find my sisters, and my heart salutes her while my eyes only wander in her direction and a polite dip of a charcoal toned muzzle is cast her way. There are many more voices which follow suit, some belonging to the shadow dame and another to her red toned, earthly companion, the others calls of belonging or calls of having been lost and seeking redemption.

I have no words still, only listen half heartedly as Skylos chews on the tuft of my tail.
image by fantasystock@deviantart.com
Magic/physical violence allowed to be used upon Cealestis at any time, so long as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
I did right when I followed Mother out of the Sanctuary. I did right. I had done the right thing. This was the hardest part about myself, I always tried to convince myself that I did right nowadays. Ever since we had been in that camp with the nomadic stallions, it had gotten harder to separate right and wrong. 'I did right. I saved Mother, I did the right thing,' I thought, letting out a heavy sigh. Now we were here, an unknown place which I.. actually recognized a little. I turned my head and observed the area, feeling the childhood memories coming back. I had been close to here as a young colt, with Mother. And we had met that mare - or had it been a stallion? No, mare -, what was her name..? 'Brighid! Right,' A smile appeared on my pale lips as I continued to follow Mother and Dezba. Heh, that Brighid had slapped me right on the head as she had appeared out of pure nowhere, just crashing down from the sky onto me.

Life was funny. Because it felt like I would find that Brighid here today, this wonderful day. I felt the air cool down my inside, cooling the constant heat beneath my skin. My magic - which I found out that I had only a week or two ago - was something that I always felt burning inside of me, just waiting for me to have another emotional breakdown so that my shoulder could burst into silvery flames. But I wouldn't allow that to happen anytime soon, it was too... Too freaky. Though anyone would've freaked out if their shoulder suddenly bursted into a bonfire. Suddenly I heard a voice calling out ahead of us, and I tilted my head in confusion. Asylum? What was that? "Mother... Who are they?" I asked and my deep voice rumbled the still air around us. "They're the Asylum, sweetie. Didn't you hear?" Yeah, but what is the Asylum? I looked ahead and saw several horses, both with wings and with horns - most of them were mares. "Mother..." She shushed me, which caused me to frown slightly. I hated it when she shushed me, I always had. We all observed them, I did mostly out of curiosity for this new herd. I had only been a part of a herd once before, but that only lasted for the summer. Then we had run away from Helovia.

My dual-colored gaze landed on my Mother, who took a few steps closer to the others. I did the same out of habit, flicking my ears forward as my Mother parted her lips and spoke. "Well hello, strangers. Is this the Asylum?" Oh God, I felt like facehoofing myself. She literally just told me that this was the Asylum, so why did she ask? I stood silent and watched, noticing how more and more joined the party. An equine, a pegasus and... I opened my eyes widely and looked over her. Oh... Oh. Circuta. She was... Gorgeous. It had been a while since we had met again in the Sanctuary and now... Seeing her out in the sunlight was a sight for sore eyes, as she was one of the most beautiful mares I had seen in my short life. The black mare didn't even look my way, but she didn't have to. With her was a red-haired equine, her maw freckled and her body the color of sand.
After them came another pegasus and unicorn, but then the black and white one upon the rock decided to speak. “I stand before ye all as a friend to some, a stranger to others. My name is Midas, former Sultan of Dragons Throat.” If this had been a cowboy movie, I would've grabbed the front of my hat and bent it slightly to greet him. Midas. He talked a little more - sounded more like blah ordinary blah - before he spoke a name that clinged onto my beating heart. “Circuta, and Eris rise before your new family.” I narrowed my eyes and watched him. What did he want with my second Guardian? “Would ye stand as Sleuth, overseer of spies?” Oh. He gave her a rank. Okay.

After that, more and more appeared and after having Mother not saying a single word, I decided to speak up for both of us. "Pardon me, Midas and Seele, but I would like to introduce me and my dearest Mother. My name is Azarel, named mostly after my father Azzaron, and this is my Mother Delinne together with her Desired - Dezba the Jaguar." I held my head high while speaking, making my almost as tall as Mother but not quite. Nervously, I cleared my throat and threw a charming smile at the two leaders. "I would like to seek a position as a Warrior under your command." Mother glanced at me, her eyes wide-open, before she turned to the pegasus and nodded. "Yes, he is right. I would like to be your spy, a simple sleuth under the appareant command of Circuta." I noticed how Mother winked at the mare I called my Guardian and smiled, stretching my neck before gazing over Midas and Seele. Hopefully they would accept us both.

"Talking."
"Delinne talking."

ooc: Sorry for keeping you waiting, Angel!<3 EDIT: Fixed the table<3
wordcount: 872
tags: too many

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Florabella never turned an ear away from an authoritarian summon. Ears pricked forward, she would listen in to the call: for Asylum members to return to the queen. In spite of her absence, she quivered under the weight of what would be her punishment for returning so late to the herd. Her own excuses were only about a black-out as some dark force invaded her comfort zone, yet she woke in the same place she had originally been. It was quite odd; very odd indeed. It was a first time, but she could have easily saw something and feigned death? The mare's skull throbbed trying to recall what had happened, but it juggled the call and her own dizziness.

Here she would enter foreign land. The area appeared as if its growth were relying on the growth of the herd. The area teemed with ample amount of horses to add a bustling amount of noise from the leaders, and the herd alike. She walked in, clumsy gait and all, to welcome the summons of whom she would later discover be a familiar face: Seele - the unicorn with an intimidating appearance and personality to go with the aura surrounding her. She could hardly look into those golden eyes sparked with a queen's light. Same with the pegasus stallion who stood by her side with a valorous look. However, she only recognized one leader, and it aided the anxious mare with some reassurance through this meeting.

Isolation could do (negative) wonders to a horse. Her isolation led her astray in a blind direction of where to go. Her eyes sighted change, and with change, its foreign arms beckoned her forward with no emotions to assure her of a harmless path. She, however, depicted it as a harmful creature out to rake her mentally with its abstract claws of taunts and pressure. Change also stated there were new faces, and she hardly recognized a majority if any at all. Her hope sank, and she dropped her head to avoid being notice by any. If she was noticed, these horses would try to break this woman's soul. They would, wouldn't they? Harmful creatures. Like change. Like the childhood bullies.

The mare couldn't bring herself to speak up her contribution. Not while she was panting, and glancing worriedly to and fro. But what did she decide? She wanted to be something, but the thought of violence caused a mental squeak to erupt in her skull. No, she wouldn't be a warrior, not while she was a coward. She managed to breathe in and out, and her negative thoughts slowly began to dissipate. In spite of her own fear, she questioned her own change since her arrival into Helovia. There was a sort of healing since Seele's arrival. The mare did terrify her, but she meant well, right? Maybe she would be someone who could help others. A voice taunted her: why be a healer if you can't heal yourself?

Florabella gritted her teeth, and air escaped her nostrils. She would attempt to reply when she is called upon by the leaders.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Surprise is expected, but I got the chance to witness true shock riddle both their feminine faces before it was quickly recovered into a state of what I guessed was confusion—had there been any anger it was lost to me by the mask they effectively wore. There was no traps, no tricks. These ladies had been loyal by Seele’s own tongue; I would see such loyalty shown gratitude. My presence wasn’t meant to trample those that would pursue a higher purpose, but to send their dreams as high as the heavens and fulfill my duty to Earth.

Eris, the amber one is the first to respond. Acknowledging her fair amount of humility and acceptance—the starting of a smile curved one side of my face. Trust was earned by the lax of time; instinct screamed that I would have to move quickly in order to gain the worth of weighted words. Circuta spoke next, her soft voice rising into a stronger swell with each passing beat. I bowed my crown to them both, a sign of respect for their answers that wouldn’t need further words of acknowledgement.

No more than a heartbeat passed before head rose and I was gazing at those that had slipped in during the promotion ceremony, late but at the very least present in this gathering. One in particular plies for attention, his eyes falling upon me with questions and concern. The emerald hair spilling across his shoulders reminds me of grass swaying in the wind, “I’d not refuse a brother his home.” Gaze shifted to the pale girl who had announced herself as Elsa, an aspiring crafter, "Elsa.” I called, tone gentle as the trickling of water slipping over stones, “Come find me after this meeting. I’d break words ye both in regards to crafting.” A halfnod was granted to the one called Solace, one of the remaining Foothills. The time for our private palaver would be later. The lad standing near Delinne spoke up next, finding his voice—I shifted attention to them momentarily, listening as he and his mother offered their service, “Ye may train in whatever duty should hold your interest.”

Honeyed eyes shift to Seele, who had stood quietly by, with a silent nod the floor was handed across. It was her turn to speak and mine to listen.

OOC: Seele posts next please <3

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I watch as the faces pile on in. Some I can recall - familiar enough in passing through the Asylum and other occurrences - others have no place in my memory of souls and horror. I allow a gentle smile to crawl upon my face the more they enter, though I cannot say I truly feel pride or joy as one might feel. No. The smile is simply one of those practiced responses that comes easily to me after years of doing it.

I will admit, dagger eyes did reach a few of the Asylum members who looked beyond high on whatever concoction it was that Oxy seemed to consistently be taking. However, the melodic voice of Reizend calms the anger of Schwere that was beginning to boil from the unruliness before us.

Midas and I had talked, I had explained what I knew of the Asylum before I disappeared to find that cure and who I felt would be strong enough to pull some weight inside the herd. And, he was beginning to promote them - to try and find a way into the good graces of a herd of insanity. Eris is the first to accept - and I merely watch, studying her movements carefully. What will come of this, I am not sure. It is Ghost's words of whom I catch next, the smile of practiced responses that appears so real is widening upon my maw. I give her a light dip of my cranium in response before Circuta speaks up - accepting the position as well.

Midas addresses the rest of those who had joined the meeting before nodding his head to me, and I shift just a little before allowing my mind to start placing words at the tip of my tongue. "For those who have yet to catch my name, or do not know of me I am Seele - and as Midas stated I will be standing beside him per the Earth God's wishes." There is a small pause as I take in a gentle breath before allowing my voice to curl out to the spectators before us. "I will be in charge of sleuths and healers, Midas is in charge of warriors and crafters. We will be watching, in these upcoming weeks, to see who we would like to promote as the heads of each rank - and hopefully the Earth God will find someone he wishes to communicate with to become our Storyteller - who will be in charge of all the others who wish to aid our family in growing and advice..." Another short pause as I glance to Midas - we were partners now, as the God had requested. I could accept it, seeing as how he was willing to attempt to accept those who were definitely not normal.

"As for warriors - there will be a marathon. You will be broken into teams, with a leader and you will have to gather something left for you in each of the lands and return them to us. The leader of the winning team will get to stand beside Eris as another Legatus, and the first two members of a team will get to stand as third in command, standing as a Preator. This will not start right away, though. At the next herd meeting Midas and I will announce groups and leaders, as well as the object you are looking for in each of the lands. So be prepared - you will have a chance not far from now to climb ranks."

I allow the information to hang in the air for a moment before looking to Ghost and attempting to meet her gaze. "Ghost - I will need your assistance, your gift of flight, soon. Please come find me after the meeting, mein dolch." I could use her to help lay out these items for the warriors to find. She'd be perfect - quick with the gift of flight. Yes. Things would work out.

"Those who have questions still left should speak up now - we will do our best to give them an answer..." I offered, giving a gentle snort to signal the end of my speech and to open the table for the rest of our herd.

Voices
"Speech"

---
translations:
mein dolch = my dagger

-- Open to any and all herd members.
This is the last chance to post for any herd members who have not yet arrived at the meeting as well.
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel
OOC: Ciceron is here as well, I will get his reply up asap
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I supposed that I would follow Midas. My intentions were shifted, though. Leader didn't so much matter anymore as long as I had Alleo there. For the moment he was my strength. He could understand me when I am left with no voice - and that was something that I had been missing.

Tears were wet upon my cheek from memories of the hawk as I slid through the forested areas into a land much more comfortable to my body - eyes taking in all the colours from the gift of the Earth God as I fought with the turmoil of emotions deep in my bodice. Life was starting again. I was going to have to find a new place. And, as I slowly comforted myself - forcing myself to stop the tears upon the call for a meeting - it took me longer than I had expected to actually find myself and center what was left of my depressed mind.

Eyes had searched for his painted pelt - mind craving someone to press up against and remind my soul that I wasn't going to be alone, that someone did care. The cold of the glass pin against my neck was a weight of memories of that hawk I had lost what seemed like only yesterday, and the fact that he was gone and not here with me was slowly beginning to make me angry. He should be here. He shouldn't have left me! I shouldn't have gone into these lands! How could he leave me?! How?! Why?! It was tearing my soul apart and I wanted to scream - but I couldn't, because no sound would leave my lips.

It didn't matter, I had to heed the call. And, as I slipped into the edge of the meeting I barely saw any familiar faces. No. The only familiar one was Midas. So I begged to myself that Alleo would appear - that I wouldn't be left again in unfamiliar territory what a herd that appeared to be mostly insane. Stabalizing myself I peered up toward the rock that Midas was standing on, giving him a gentle nod of my head and pricking my ears up. I'm here. Even if I can't speak to let you know I am...

Broken dreams. Shattered minds. Uncertainties of safety. They were all lurking - lurking behind the anger at the fact that my hawk was gone, and that he had left me to fend for myself in a world where he was needed.
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie

C e a l e s t i s
Daughter of the Sky

The leaders are speaking again, and with raised ears I catch the slew of promotions and words devoid of much meaning to me flicker through the air. A strange colt and his mother speak up, more unknown faces sounding out their voices before and after they, while some arrived to remain silent as I have been, and all the while I do not react with much more than a casual turn of a pupiless blue eye towards the source of the sound.

Neither of the leaders are well suited enough to my sense of leadership to earn my full attentions or respects simply by standing atop a stone and demanding that things be so. Of all that I have met here in this land, there has been only one who wanders its surface who is worthy of my attentions, and he is not of this place, or is late to arrive. I wonder, briefly, where it is that my companion in study has gone off to, and whether or not he has solved more of the mystery of the words etched into the stone.

I have accomplished little with my young hound. She endlessly requires my attention and focus, such as now – with a quick swish of my tail (which she is ever so rudely mauling at this point out of boredom) I send the little runt head over heels across the grass and several feet away from me, features lowering about a gracefully arched neck to glare at her reproachfully. "This is no place for that, Skylos," my tones whisper harshly towards her, her blue toned ears slipping backwards in dismay at the anger in my voice as she semi-crawls back towards me, her white belly dragging itself along the brittle grasses of this new home.

By the time my focus is back on Seele, she’s done past the part of the conversation that holds any interest to me – the Lord Earth – and is onto a championship of sorts for the warriors. I have always been a daughter of the Moon and Sun, bred to easily drift beneath their splendorous light, but all of the Gods hold some allure to me for the simple fact that they know things that we mortals could never hope to learn. It is also a fact that I have heard that he of all the Gods born to rule over us would know where my sisters are, if they walk upon the land that he watches; all who touch their hooves to the soil of his creation are known to him.

I drift back into my thoughts, hoping that soon the meeting will conclude and I can go about discovering where everything is situated in this valley of rivers.
image by fantasystock@deviantart.com
Magic/physical violence allowed to be used upon Cealestis at any time, so long as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster

If there was one thing she had learned from her first meeting as being apart of a herd then it was that there was far too much talking. Ghost took what she wanted from it, gathered the information that was relevant to herself and ignored the rest, spending more time on faces instead. Slowly, she was learning that she could gather intel more efficiently if she was able to sort the interesting from the general conversation, packing her memory with the good stuff and discarding the rest. The hard part came in discerning what was relevant and what wasn't. She picked up quickly, however, on the words of Seele and her mood brightened somewhat as she learned that she would be overseeing the sleuths. Good. She had nothing against this Midas and no reason to distrust him, but he looked a little too much like a gentleman and sickly nice, how was she supposed to take such a shining knight so seriously? He looked like some hero of a fantasy, all brawn and honour, the words of a poet surely to make the mares swoon for why else would he want to talk like that?! She shifted in amusement, a heavenly fellow whom warranted respect and she would follow him in her own way, but Seele was much more preferable company.

On that thought her name was spoken by her very commander and she turned her gaze, attentive and listening. Her services were needed already and Ghost felt a faint twinge of irony. How long had she resented the wings she had been cursed with? Now they were her greatest advantage. "Of course" her chilly voice rose above the crowd, a small smile creeping its way onto her lips.

She wished the meeting to finish fast then, intrigued by what job Seele had for her.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
IRRYDAE</style>
I'M BRINGING STARRY BACK</style>

After I left the Sanctuary, it didn't take me long to get back to the Foothills, only, it wasn't the Foothills anymore. There were no more lush, rolling green hills or mountain peaks towering over the herd. Now, everywhere I looked, it was gushing water and rainbows stretching out of the falls. My eyes sparkle brightly as I breath in the new landscape that used to be my home. My breaths come evenly, as I turn, my eyes eating up every possible sight there is of this new land. The darkness sure made some changes to this land - did it happen to the other herds too?

Instinctively, I turn in the direction of my pool, but then I force my legs to stop and have to remind myself it's not my pool anymore, and that I might not regain it. My heart throbs at the thought, golden eyes stretching for even a glimpse of my the pool.

And then it hits me.

Without my pool, I will have nothing. Nothing to live for, nothing to look forward to, nothing to do. I have no one I can call my friend, no one that I can go to. I have no children, no parents, no nothing. It has been forever since I've seen Evers and all I can assume is he left again, he doesn't want to see me, he died, or he found someone else. The realization feels likes someone cut slowly through my heart and put stones in my stomach. My knees lock and tears spring to my eyes; it takes a few minutes for me to push most of the feeling away.

I sigh, exhaling the pain from my bodice and set my golden pools forward, mouth pressed into a thin line as I press forward and do everything I can to keep the tears away. It doesn't take me long to catch the musky scent of my new herd, and I the group appears in my sight before long. I come up to the group quietly, offering smiles to those who might throw me a glance, though my own eyes are unseeing to the strangers. My heart aches for the family that lived her before - the disbanded Grey, what it was like before everyone left. The one that included Evers. The group that brought me in when I didn't fit at all. But I must not judge these horses, I know not of most of them, or what they are like; they could come to be the best family I ever had, but I knew it would take time.

I recognize Midas, having met with him once briefly when I was telling Ranjiri stories. I miss that cute little girl, how wide her eyes had gotten and how amazed she was, how I was her angel. I focus back in and listen quietly to Midas and Seele, of how some are from the Asylum and some are merely just part of the new Hidden Falls. I watch as horses are picked out and awarded positions, and I smile for them. The words register in my head, but for the most part I pay no attention. '... and hopefully the Earth God will find someone he wishes to communicate with to become our Storyteller.' At that, my ears perk forward and my eyes light up, and I watch her carefully. All I can do is hope that Father Earth still deems me the best for that position, that he trusts me and forgives me of my past mistakes. Seele finishes by asking for questions, but I do not have any myself, so I stay silent.

"blah blah blah."

CREDITS
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Having stood towards the back of the gathering for much of the meeting virtually unseen the dappled stallion had heard what all had been said thus far. Some things were harder to wrap his mind around than others like the fact that in the time they had spent underground somehow the Foothills had been destroyed, yet here they stood on the exact ground only it was no longer the land he had grown to know. Everything was different now and he wasn't sure how he felt about the entire set of circumstances surrounding what he had come to call his family. Despite the jumble of confusion within his mind he still couldn't deny that he had a strong attachment to this place, he could not leave it behind. Many new faces appeared throughout the course of the meeting some young some older but all seemed to have similar opinions as to how the group should proceed.

At the helm of the action stood Seele and Midas, both of whom he had heard of from past travels. They now held the prestigious title of king and queen to the hidden falls herd, both he could see deserved the roles they commanded. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all was said and done, regardless he was here until the end. He could not turn his back on this place nor would he stand back and watch harm come to anyone within their family. Before when Apollo had stood before them he had remained neutral within the rankings but he knew he needed to do something more this time around. His intended task was to become a warrior that would help to keep the peace and provide everyone with a feeling of safety. His thoughts drifted absently to Parelia, with her here now he would need to step up and be one of those individuals that could be trusted to protect their family.

Emerging from where he stood he inched his way forward into view to make himself seen within the crowd. He would need to speak with Midas later on about possibly being allowed to become a warrior by title instead of just doing the duties at random. The competition sounded interesting and drew his attention, he would consider competing should Midas accept him. Lowering his muzzle to the makeshift sling around his neck containing the silver blue egg he smiled softly before turning his attention back to Seele and Midas once again.

••MUSE: •• TAGS: •• NOTES: Ciceron would like to become a warrior should he be deemed capable :) ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.