the Rift

[DROP] Followers of Flame

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

There seemed to be a low murmur through the colourful, illuminated group gathered as the question was laid before them- a sound perhaps, to reflect the curiosity spanning the minds of those plying for the time and attention of the glamorous and insightful King. Hector had arrived to bask among the worshippers well after the first exchange of introductions and pleasantries it seemed, business was well underway; though the staunch tawny soldier cared not for what he had missed.

Fiery eyes passed swiftly by the faces in the crowd, yet only two truly snared his attention- the wraith, rather the stallion whose face was tattooed with blood red who had been most recently cleansed; and the sun-fire boy who had shadowed Midas through many seasons in youth. He realised then, by the grace of sheer light and fresh air that the black Pegasus had been for some time a fellow in the Throat also. For that reason favour washed briskly through his stoic expression and a stiffly nodded salute was offered. A gesture still warmer was made towards Cera, though he could not remember if personally they had spoken.

Voices began to stir around him; responses generated in effort to appease the query of the flaming Lord who waited enduringly atop the crumbled ruins of his shrine. Hector listened carefully as each individual spoke their interpretation of Helovia’s Darkest Hour; of the sickness and despair which had rotted the confidence and clarity of an arrogant, self-satisfied population. There was only one other among them with a like mind, and the warrior nodded briskly after she had voiced her opinion.

"Lord," his deep voice aired only when those around had expressed their thoughts- valid and true enough. "Too long did we foolish mortals bed in your lands without paying you homage. We took for granted all that was given, and perhaps our realisation of this came too late." Sadness flickered behind vivid tangerine eyes, regret and repentance softening the ridged lines of a soldier’s frame, and he felt the gloom of insignificance blanket upon him. "I know not the worship of Dragon’s Throat’s neighbours, but can only imagine the impact of such neglect on those who tend us and grant to us the childish, greedy desires of hearts." Hector’s large ivory embellished skull had lowered considerably, humbled by the revelation of thoughts outspoken, and he glanced towards those both left and right. He imagined they were all right in a sense, each mind shrewd enough to draw a lesson from their own hardship, and present it in turn for each there listening, to consider.

The tri-bred drew another breath, lifting once more his rough red lips to speak. "Perhaps the Gods thought it time to end the complacency, and give the right of protection and comfort to a new order- herds who would both see and appreciate generosity handed down to them." He paused thoughtfully before adding, "Were it not for your warning, maybe we would all be wraiths right now. Are our lives so loud, that the sickness and suffering of our kind was the only way for you to take our attention? To realise the truth of our dependence…?" Pleading eyes wished in earnest to understand- his was a mind that did not thrive on such challenges like riddles and alike complexities, but he realised easily enough that through some form of latency (any of that mentioned already), the races of Helovia had brought the darkness upon themselves.

"Grand master of fire and of light, let us never forsake our faith again." Wings lifted from sweat flecked flanks to emphasise the determination binding his promise. Already he had pledged his service to Dragon’s Throat, and he recalled with a warm smile the meeting held minutes before they had fled their home; His land, in which it was decided to uplift the God of the Sun and pay him owed reverence.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun listened carefully to all who spoke, lips curving into a deep and thoughtful frown. Hector's words rang in his heart. He did not forsake them in his absence. Though he called the sun, the world had a way of spinning and the sun shining without his immediate attention, and a thousand years to a mortal was merely a blink of an eye to the Sun God. Unlike his dark brother, time was not a concept that was easy to grasp.

Many thought that this sickness and darkness was to teach a lesson, to bring everyone closer together, and he was glad that they at least took something positive from their suffering. He was ever surprised at the resiliency and positive nature of the Helovians. First was first though, and he turned to Carnesir, smiling gently.

"What is it that you do when you pray?" he asked. "Do you close your eyes, invoke a name? Or do you meditate on your own thoughts and look inward. All of these are forms of prayer that even a god may take. The day we stop meditating on ourselves and our actions is the day we lose sight of who we are," he rumbled, the wise words actually coming from his Earthly brother many centuries ago. The memory was one of the only fond ones he had of his rather odd family.

As he looked to Cera , Hamaliel and Elsa, he nodded thoughtfully. "I assure you that my siblings have little to gain or lose from those who prefer their own species, as we are of many features, and we would not punish those who do or do not - that is for you to decide." The God then looked to Elsa, lightly shaking his head, small flames hissing to life in his mane. "Some do not believe in our existence, and a few of my siblings have preferred living that way. Our land is our pride, and we would not abandon or harm it for mere sport or out of selfish hate."

Well, that was a lie. Those who remembered his Tallsun of terror knew that he had taken out the tempestuous rage on a few. Still, he rewarded those with flame-kissed, golden skin - every punishment grew a beautiful reminder of his glory.

Finally, he turned to Hector after acknowledging Silk, Amani, and Kahlua with a nod. "I am pleased that you all have learned something from this event, but what I am about to share with you is truth. The sun's absence was not on purpose, and it was not my intention to punish you. My light was veiled, however briefly, in a moment of mediation that lasted longer than I had intended. Whatever reason this sickness came, it was not of my doing. Perhaps we should all pray on this disturbance," he hummed, expression grim.

The god of the sun looked upon the group and decided that from these minds he would grant two a quest, and the rest he would honor in a different way. But he had one, final question to ask first.

"Were an event like this to happen again, what would you have done differently?"

96 hours to reply to this since I was late! The winners will be chosen via conversation and dice roll at the conclusion of 96 hours.

CREDITS

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
For a moment, the girl hand an inkling of a thought- just the briefest hint of wondering if she should feel more out of place standing before a god, speaking to him as though he was another citizen of the land. And though she revered them all, respected all four with every ounce she could muster, she never did feel out of place before them. Perhaps it was childlike innocence that allowed her this trait, but she did not know or question what the real answer was.

As the others shared all their answers, some agreeing with her and others having other thoughts, she smiled pleasantly and hummed easily enough. It was nice to get out into the open air again, to gather with strangers away from the confines of the dark caves, and no matter the affiliations that these friends would take up, the queen was glad to have met them at all. But it seemed that the Sun Lord was not done with them yet. For a moment, the girl felt the tiniest shred of anger well up within her- the darkness had come because of the god's negligence? She had attacked and wanted to murder her friends because he had forgotten to open his eyes? And yet, anger was not the girl's style and she could not maintain it for long. With a long sigh, it fled from her chest and she was left to ponder a question she hardly knew how to answer. What would she do differently.

So often, the girl spoke without thinking, just rattling off whatever nonsense came into her head without any consideration of what it was. But here and now, she didn't find any words coming. What would she have done differently? What could she have done differently? After all, she couldn't have avoided being a wraith. She couldn't have avoided her actions as a wraith, her mind being completely taken over. That left after being a wraith. What had she done? She'd sulked, scared and afraid in the caverns while her king had braved the darkness to rescue fallen friends. And it suddenly occurred to her, and made her sad to think, that she should have been out there with him. “I would have helped Kaj find our friends, to make them healthy again. I hid in the caves because I was afraid. But I was afraid of the caves too and I didn't know what to do.”

It always hurt to admit her faults, even though she was reasonably aware of them. But surely the Sun Lord already knew she was a coward. “I would have tried harder to be less afraid and to lead instead of to hide.” In the end, her words no longer held that dancing quality they so often did. It made her sad to think of what dangers she had allowed Kaj to fly into without ever demanding he let her follow. Was she really worthy of his valor?

OOC| My absence thread says I am absent, but that starts tomorrow, I just put it up tonight so I wouldn't have to worry about it tomorrow.
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
your light will guide me home

It was truth, what the deity spoke. Cera had met the lords of earth and sun, and both had proven to him that species meant little to them when their physical forms were materialized. The patched son felt little in terms of racism, for he did not condone it, but knew that upbringing was a very powerful thing. One that could not always be reversed. It would always exist, but it didn't mean Cera had to agree with it. Had it not been racism that had almost taken his life? He refrained from chuckling a little bitterly. Maybe he, too, was biased towards a hatred of racism. But it was a thought he could not hold onto for very long, Amani drawing his attention back. His smile was nearly glowing as he turned it upon her, encouraging her words as she spoke them, wanting her to feel as comfortable with him as he could manage. "Amani? I love your name. Can I call you Ama?" Though she seemed excited to call him friend, she also seemed nervous as Ilaria approached. Cera chuckled and called her back to his shoulders, reaching out a flight feather in hopes of brushing it against Amani's soft down. "Friends it is then," he laughed softly, smiling down at the tiny fae at his side. Was this how Note had felt, when they had first met? It was pleasant, warmth spreading up and throughout his chest like a blooming flower. Maybe he could make a change in the orphan child's life. Maybe he could be for her what Hototo and Note had been for him.

But they go quiet, Amani sharing her thoughts softly, hesitantly. None seem to be completely right, but then again, who knew the ways of the celestials well enough to determine the correct answer? Certainly not Cera. Even when his Lord admitted to it being a slip of consciousness that had hurt them so deeply, Cera could not bring himself to be angered. Life played out in funny ways. Even without shedding his light upon them, the Sun God still found ways to make them grow like the plants of his brother which he nourished daily. But what would Cera have changed, in his times in the caves? He fell into quiet, he and Ilaria going through their memories of their times from the infection to their freedom. Only when he had secured an answer did he clear his throat softly and begin to speak up.

"I would have tried to be more courageous in meeting those who were once considered enemies. Old habits die hard, and I did not meet as many of those as I could have who may have once been hated merely because they lived in a land not my own." It was all he truly regretted, and there was no point in lying to impress the God. Surely he would be able to detect such a thing. Lying to his Lord seemed blasphemous as it was, keeping him from ever imagining doing so. It may not be as awe-inspiring or impressive as the painted lady's response, but it was sincere and all his. That was all he needed.

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

Others gave their opinions, mostly of hate, some of ignorance, each have a slight deviation from the others. The Sun finally turned to her, his mane aflame. He spoke of how they never wished to harm the land. A sense of peace did wash over her then. At least the Gods were not wrathful towards them. He did speak of how they didn't neglect to help either. Yet, the Sun offered not a solution. It was a vague ending, his only words were to pray on it. Elsa shivered then, even in the presence of the Sun. Was such darkness about to return? Elsa's eyes widened, as she moved a little closer to Amani, even though she was happy with her new fond friend. Elsa didn't know if she could save the horses next time, She didn't know if she would have the strength to fight next time.

His next question was just as vague as the first, it was directed at the future. Elsa cringed visibly at his question, she couldn't help but think maybe this was a vague warning for something bigger to come. Everything was just starting to return to normal! Her voice quivered for her first few words. "I would have done more." She mumbled. She had never seen the wraiths because she was too afraid. She stuck to recruiting from the Threshold to bring everyone back to the caves, to try and save them. She couldn't begin to think of the others that had been consumed before she might have gotten there. "I-I would be stronger." She finished quietly, falling into the background again. There wasn't much more to say. The fact that the Gods were just as puzzled about the situation scared her.

"Talketh."

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
I listen closely as Hector replies to the God's question. My lobes are perked forward, attentive. Complacency he says. Were we complacent? Taking advantage of the good will of the Gods? I can't help but think that even if that were so, it did not apply to me. I never even believed in the Gods before my eyes told me otherwise as I arrived before the God of the Sun, here, today. Even through Africa's words, her spirit and her heart, I did not believe her. But then, just because I was ignorant does not mean that I wasn't complacent as well. I ponder the concept, feeling myself grow anxious inside.

But the God allays my fears, in a way I had not quite suspected. Negligence? The darkness that overcame Helovia, took me, and took me from my beloved before I could even nurture the feelings I have for her... it was because of extended meditation? REALLY. The first feeling I have is anger. Anger that I have no idea where she is or what is going on in the world because a stupid God couldn't be bothered to open his goddamned eyes. A deep breath, and I let the anger out through my flared nostrils. Thanks to Midas and Hector, I was healed from the infection that threatened to kill me, and kill everyone in my path. He poses a question to us all. "What would you do differently?"

Well, it seems to me like a lot of what had happened was beyond my control. When a darkness has brought a strange and powerful infection, and you're one of the first to get sick, there's not much you can do. But there is one thing that I wish I'd been better about. I listen to the replies of the cheerful spotted mare, then the boy Cera, then a snowy mare. My own answer comes easily. "Before I went to the Sanctuary.. I stopped by the Heart of Helovia. It was there I came upon the filly Sikeax.. she brought the darkness to me and infected me. What would I have done differently?" I lower my head, unsure if my answer will please the Lord, but certain that the truth is the best. "I would have been smarter and less arrogant, staying away from something clearly dying. I would have found others to save, and made for the caves as bidden." It sounds like a lame and pathetic answer to my ears, but it is the truth, and even if I tried I could not come up with a different answer.

Walking "Talking"

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

More talk back and forth as we all wait for what the God of the Sun will say next. Many were also speaking to the great God of the Sun, trying to answer the question that I had tried to answer as well. My attention was quickly pulled back to the young golden painted pegasus who had asked if we could be friends. "Amani? I love your name. Can I call you Ama?" I smiled, would of blushed if that was possible. "Of course you can." I just do not understand why I am so calm with him near me. I'm normally only this calm with just Elsa around.

Finally I worked up the courage to ask about the strange creature that seemed all to comfortable on his back. His flight feather brushed against my soft down. I took a deep breath and asked him curiously "What is Ilaria? I've never seen anything like her before..."

That was when the God spoke again. My attention was on him at once, wanting to take in every minute of being in his presence. He asked us what we would of done different... I'm not really sure what I would do, as I hadn't been here very long. But if we had to go back into the darkness, well the only answer I could really think of was "Try to help those who needed help and direction to safety.... To bring some kind of light in the darkness." Why did I always try to sound older than I am? Why can't I just be a baby? Oh, that's right... You grow up way to fast when your parents are murdered by wolves and you are forced to go off on your own long before you should...

"Talk talk talk"

Amani

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
For most of the conversation, only the flaming god had held Nasreen’s rapt attention. But now, as the others sought his favor, she became more and more distracted by the friend at her side. Inch by inch, the copper and ivory mare sidled up to Kahlua, looking comically like an overgrown duckling trapped in a swan’s body, waddling up to its mother. Barely able to contain her excitement, she lightly brushed velvet muzzle across inky withers—goodness, she hadn’t seen Kahlua in so long! Their reunion made this new dawn all the better. Nasreen wasn’t used to seeing familiar faces, and seeing Kahlua again gave her a sense of peace…and of belonging, strange as it seemed so far away from home. If she could, she would be wriggling with joy.

Yet as the minutes passed and she stood by her friend’s side, she became uncomfortably aware of something that she had brushed aside in her earlier excitement over the god’s presence: Kahlua had been sick. And from the sounds of what the others had been saying, coupled with what she had learned from Mermaid in the caves, Nasreen was beginning to see that the monster at the wall had probably had something to do with it. A slow sense of guilt was steadily enveloping her heart now, as she came to the dreadful realization: she had let it happen! She had stood by—or rather, hadn’t stood by—as her very best friend in Helovia had been attacked. Kahlua had once called her brave, she recalled. Standing here though, Nasreen didn’t feel very brave at all. She felt like a coward and an ingrate. Was this how she repaid Kahlua’s friendship and hospitality? She may have not been trained to fight, but had she even thought about returning after the attack? Had she considered looking for her friend? No. Deeply troubled, Nasreen had inadvertently found her answer to the god’s last question.

“O deity,” she began, voice thin with suppressed emotion, “I know what I would have done differently. I realize now that it is my fault that Kahlua fell sick. I left her when she was attacked by that monster because I was afraid. But, deity, in that moment, I was only thinking of myself. I hurt a friend who has only shown me kindness and comfort, and I repaid her care with selfishness and fear. I am no warrior, o god, but I pray that you would give me courage should anything this terrible—” and she dearly hoped that anything so dreadful wouldn’t “—face me, or my friends, again. If I could do it over…if I could do it all over, I wish I could have found a way to distract the monster, to let Kahlua escape. Even if I hadn’t been able to save her, I should have gone back. I should have looked for her, made sure she was all right, instead of running without so much as a thought to her safety.” She turned to Kahlua. She had apologized before, but once somehow didn’t seem like enough—nothing did. “Kahlua, I’m so, so sorry for what I’ve done. Can you ever forgive me?” Her voice, already brittle, finally cracked with the weight of her emotion. Ashamed, the Pegasus hung her head, awaiting her response.
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

The guilt, on behalf of them all, furrowing his embellished face, lifted as the God of the Sun explained that he was not angry, and that the wane of the sun had been not his intention. Orange pools sparkled beneath the radiance shed by his towering presence, but they held too confusion and concern behind their burning intensity. Would this happen again? He could not help but wonder as the God’s face raised, if they would suffer soon again; without an everlasting cure and with no understanding of the cause, how could any of them be certain that true salvation had been granted? He huddled closer beneath the comforting warmth and luminous glow of his Lord. At least they could all rest with some ease now- they had not been forsaken; divine eyes were caressing always.

A lopsided grin spread transparent relief through an expression that rarely betrayed the truth of his mind, and he nodded respectfully, grateful for that explanation provided.

The God spoke again them, the smoothness of his deep voice a blanket to rest above even the steady, distant roar of waves around the Veins. It held a soothing quality; a fierce quality that doused any lingering apprehension in his heart. Liquid flames oozed from the silver-white length of his celestial hair, and whenever the wind swirled playfully through the group, wild flames danced to life; flaring the light still more against Frostfall’s bleak face.

A new question was given to them all, What would you do differently next time? Auburn ears twitched cautiously as he glanced back through the bank of most recent memories. Lashes of golden-red clenched together, forcing concentration, and thought of wraiths spiralled through manufactured gloom- or the darkness which had plagued their world.

The scene drowned then in the bleakness of their predicament, grim grey and pluming black; there was the fountain as well, bubbling brown-blue beneath the soft light of the flickering fire-lamp above. He thought beyond the cave, carefully stepping with his mind back into the open Heart, where Frostfall had descended across Helovia in the form of wild blizzards; snow cloaked the regions beyond the fire-pit, trees had been stripped by howling winds, and nothing appeared as it had- the landscape had been transformed.

Hector travelled still further, finding at last the wraiths; walking filth, decaying still with each rasping breath they took- he loathed them, almost lunged forward with enormous wingspan flaring angrily…

Already his eyes were gaping, and for a moment he hesitated unsure if he were caught between dreamscapes; trapped in the callous web of a nightmare- the wraith loitered, even with the God of the Sun’s light washing across him… through him... ‘VECI!’ The tawny giant’s mind boomed furiously, and he tucked swiftly his wings beside him to rest. The Boggart’s illusion (though sketchy it was) dissolved instantly and his invisible whisper of body flung away in mischievous delight.

Many of the group had spoken already, their voices had echoed through his wandering thoughts like the boom of thundering clouds, and he offered to those eyes attracted by his sudden arousal something of an apologetic smile. The answer had been found though, and his chin lifted with resolution, eyes reflecting conviction as they fell swiftly upon the now familiar form of Satanic Silk. "I was fast to fill with disgust, to ready to bring down those who were suffering." A loose smile pulled his red-wrinkled mouth. "I looked no further than their peeling skin and mutilated appearance, forgetting all too quickly that they were still our brethren. I’ve learned I am rash as a soldier, and should there be a next time, I will act first with sense and compassion- and then with force." Should not have Midas been there to take charge when the leather-winged creature stumbled into The Sanctuary, Hector might too easily have grated the Wraith’s morbid request.

Finally he switched his gaze again towards the God, and before nodding to conclude said, "I too would seek out those who are flesh and blood, just as much as I am, and rescue them."

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I shift slightly at the god's next question. I let others speak as I contemplate it deeply. A sigh passes from my lips as I hear the typical response of "I would've been braver." Mortals need to understand they can't live in the past. They all need to move forward. I need to move forward. Funny how my condescension completely backfired and really I'm stating everything I'm doing.

After a winged and horned stallion speaks I seize my opportunity to say my piece. "I wouldn't live in the past. I'd look beyond myself and take this life I've been given to live... Most of all I'd stop looking back at what I had and rather what I have. Because of my self pity I didn't do anything but hide in the dark. I would've push past my pain to help others over myself."

Basically I would do it all over, and all I want is that chance. If there is one thing I could take back, it would be my flight. I would give anything to taste of the blessings of flight. My eyes drift over to the other pegasi and a light of envy shines in my eyes. I hope they all treasure what they have, for it is a thing easily lost.

In silence my gaze shifts back to the glowing god. Part of me wonders what kind of life he has seen, and how he treats his subjects. At least now I can see a certain level of compassion, and I have deep admiration for him.

Helovian Ancient
Admin
1 = Kahlua, 2 = Cera, 3 = Elsa, 4= Satanic Silk, 5 = Amani, 6 = Nasreen, 7= Hector, 8 = Hamaliel

1d8 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)

1d8 rolled for a total of: 8 (8)

Since all admin were not present at the same time, we moved to dice roll for fairness. This quest, considering the number of entrants in the beginning, will have 2. However, the only ones considered were the ones who continued posted, thus the 8 listed above.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun listened to all who came to speak with him, and he admired Cera for his answers and devotion to his herd. The boy made an obvious choice to be one of his pupils and earn a quest from his power. So, the God smiled upon him, nodding his head. "Courage is important," he said firmly. "But you were courageous now to admit it and even more so to come speak to me. I grant you a quest from me. Speak what you wish and I will give you a task," he asked, ears tilting forward with interest.

The last to speak also caught his interest. He did not want to live in the dark, and the stallion again nodded. Converts were always helpful. "Hamaliel, I want to help you live in the light again, but you will have to perform a quest as well. Together we can bring darkness to its bitter and hateful end."

The God of the Sun turned to the others, particularly Kahlua and Hector whose words were wise and kind. "I have been impressed with all of you and will give an amulet to each one as a token of my good will. When I return, I urge you to as well. Let us all speak again soon."

Congratulations to Cera and Hamaliel!
Kahlua, Elsa, Silk, Amani, Nasreen and Hector all receive Sun God Amulets.

CREDITS

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
your light will guide me home

The homely young lady gives a bashful smile at his request, crown dipping in acknowledgement and agreement as her lips form words that emphasize her action. Cera smiles in return, genteel but affectionate as he looks upon the smaller dame at his side. He won't abandon her like all of his family had done to him. Something seemed to be resting on her tongue, unspoken but desperately wanting to be, and Cera waited her words with a patience he'd been born with. When it came slipping out, hesitant and slightly fumbled in an endearing, infinitely precious way, he laughed softly; careful not to draw too much attention from the God they so revered. "She's a red panda. Much like a small bear and a lemur perhaps?" his brows furrow and he laughs as he tries to think of a genus he knows nothing about. Only her species is known to him. "But she is very gentle. She is a healer, in fact." Ilaria stood upon his withers, front paws tucked to her chest, and chirped an affirmation with a delighted swing of her tail. Pretty, pretty. Nice! Like her! Cera winked at his companion, laughing in his throat, and turned back towards Amani. "She said you're very pretty and nice, and that she likes you." With that little tidbit, he turned back to the God momentarily, one ear still affectionately tilted Amani's way.

The God looked upon him and Cera tilted his head, Ilaria quickly moving to pay attention once more. His words embodied his element in how they moved the youth before him, warm in his chest like embers and hot summer days. Proud and loving. The celestial's smile was like an award, a note written in a language one could not read, that Cera was no failure. That the path of light and honesty would always lead him true. Stepping forward with surety, the patched stallion looked up into the face of his Lord and smiled. One wing dropped, followed by a knee, into the smoothest, most graceful bow he could muster. "Thank you, my Lord. I will not disappoint you." But what did he desire? Ilaria could heal, and in his mind he knew there were only two options left; offensive and crafting. Which would serve him in the coming days to uphold his Lord's ideals? "I wish to use your light, my Lord. To stun my enemies as they look upon your fires, so that I may use the time to strike them down and protect those I love." Slowly he slid back out of his bow as he spoke, eyes firm with decisiveness.

-------
[Magic: Light | Able to create a small explosion of light, with his body as the focal point, that can temporarily blind or stun his opponent. Only effective if gazed upon, the burst itself only lasts a few seconds.]

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
The god speaks to one of the other individuals of courage and quests. I look over at them in silence. This god is granting what the mortal desire!? Well, he still must embark on a quest but still, the Father simply had the angels deal with the wants and wishes of mortals. There is a spark of admiration and reverence for this god, perhaps in this mortal life of mine this is a god I can worship. My eyes slowly drift to the ground, until I hear my name called, not Lee, but my given name. I look at the god as he addresses me and I am completely at a loss of what to say or do.

“Th-thank you my lord,” I say, any form of control or eloquence gone from me now. How can I push past this darkness and into the light? My brain scrambles about and I desperately try to think of something that can push me out of this. “This may be a bold request, and I hope it doesn’t displease you… But can you gift me with my wings once again?” There is a pleading look in my eyes and I can hide it. If fire took them away, couldn’t fire return them? One deity stole them, one deity surely could return them. I don’t doubt the strength of this mighty being, I just don’t know whether such a request will be granted, but in my core it is all I can hope for. This will be my only chance to gain what pieces of me have been lost.

"blah blah blah"
image credit

Helovian Ancient
Admin
[[Official post will be up soon, but so you can start on your quests]]

- Cera, will need to capture 4 fire magic in amulets; the god gives Cera 4 sun amulets to use for this purpose and this purpose only.

- Hamaliel, will need to obtain a "Gift of Flight" by combining three feathers from three different pegasi into the fiery pity of Helovia's heart along with a moon amulet and a pretty rock (any rock).