From the sea. [dragon drop]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Solstice Guess: ANDASH

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

"Correct," the lady in red says. "Andash has a pale face with a bloodmark over his chest." The mermaids begin to hum in unison suddenly, and as if communicating with their vocals. The next decision would have to be separate, for they could just continue to follow the others blindly.

The lady wearing teal says:
"Daenerys,

Gold and shadow
Rich in history

Tell me a story
draped in mystery.

Of whom do I speak?"

The lady in orange says:
"Ktulu,

Mask
With a crack

Deep
Yet still shallow.

Of whom do I speak?"

The lady in blue says:
"Solstice,

Trustworthy
But unappreciated

Scarred
But unaffected.

Of whom do I speak?"

[ You have 72 hours to respond to the riddle. ]

Daenerys Posts: 41
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
Cami
DAENERYS GUESS: MIRAGE

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

One by one they were all given their riddles to guess, which Ktulu found increasingly ridiculous, especially when her own riddle was given. The pregnant mare's ears tilted back against her head and she had to hold back a fierce snort. Her crimson gaze moved over to her sister who had guessed wrong in the first round. It was all up to her now to guess correctly and try to win the egg for her. But how could she guess when she was given such menial information to even go on?

"I request another riddle." the dark mare said as he gaze shifted back to the mermaid who had given her the riddle. "There are far too many individuals in Helovia with injured faces or a cracked mask as you so aptly put it." Her weight shifted but she did not back down. "And who am I to assume someone shallow based upon your riddle? It is ridiculous. You have given me very little information, not even a color like you've given Daenerys."

Icon by Tay

Helovian Ancient
Because of expressed concerns, this round will be thrown out.

Answers to the riddles:

Daenerys - Mirage

Gold and shadow
Rich in history

"Tell me a story
draped in mystery.

Mirage is black and has a gold dragon. She is mysterious.

Ktulu - Mauja

"Mask
With a crack

Deep
Yet still shallow."

Mauja has an iron emotionless mask, except for Sno, and the other few he loves, thus a crack. He is a deep thinker, but is still racist based on appearances.

Solstice - Smoke

"Trustworthy
But unappreciated

Scarred
But unaffected."

Smoke has been very loyal to the Foothills, but was cast aside in favor of Soleil recently. She has scars, both physical and emotional, but is resilient and thus unaffected.

Please be vigilant for the next round, which will be posted shortly.

Helovian Ancient

"Correct," the lady in red says. "Andash has a pale face with a bloodmark over his chest." The mermaids begin to hum in unison suddenly, and as if communicating with their vocals. The next decision would have to be separate, for they could just continue to follow the others blindly.

The lady wearing teal says:
"Daenerys,

Valor
Encased in bronze

Half
Of what you seem.

Of whom do I speak?"

The lady in orange says:
"Ktulu,

Temper, temper
Raise your ugly head

Make the golden East
Start to sour.

Of whom do I speak?"

The lady in blue says:
"Solstice,

Dark eyes,
Spitting fire

With your body of long dried blood
Few see your soft side.

Of whom do I speak?"

[ You have 72 hours to respond to the riddle. ]

Ktulu Guess: God of the Sun

Temper, temper - the God of the Sun is known mainly for his horrible temper
Raise your ugly head - Signifies the sun rising

Make the golden East - the Sun rises in the East
Start to sour - Could signify the Sun God's banishment, or the ruining of the Foothills in the East of Helovia

Icon by Tay

Outcast
Cami
Daenerys' guess: Vikram

Valor - Vikram means valorous
Encased in bronze -Vikram is copper and bronze, and bronze is a copper/tin alloy

Half - In general usage, hybrid is synonymous with heterozygous: any offspring resulting from the mating of two distinctly homozygous individuals. Vikrams mother was a dragon, his father a horse - doesn't get much more distinct than that
Of what you seem. - He looks very draconic, but is in fact half horse as well

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
Solstice's Guess: Aaron

Dark eyes, - His eyes are brown, but look black when hes angered
Spitting fire - Has the power to make others think and feel they are on fire

With your body of long dried blood - Bay tobanio coat
Few see your soft side. - he tries to act all tough, but under the touch act is a caring stallion who protects those he loves

Helovian Ancient

"The golden child of tantrums is in fact the God of the Sun," the orange lady says happily. The other girls giggle for a moment before Daenerys gives her answer. "The halfbreed bronze is Vikram," the teal mermaid says with a sigh. "How clever." Solstice, however, hestitates and answers last, and it is not to her advantage. "The fiery lady of bay I spoke of is Kri the Resolute. You may leave," the blue girl says without so much as an upward glance at the tobiano.

"Only two remain, and the fun is almost spent," the pink mermaid says cheerfully, giving a nod to the silver mermaid still holding the egg tightly.

The red-tailed mermaid speaks next:

"Ktulu,

Blood speaks
In your ear
You shiver and feint
Yet cannot escape

History pursues.

Of whom do I speak?"

The lady of green speaks to the gray mare:

"Daenerys,

Stained glass window
Your colors keep on growing
How many faces
Do you hide?

Of whom do I speak?"

[ You have 72 hours to respond to the riddle.

Solstice is disqualified. ]

KTULU GUESS: Paladin the Valiant

Blood speaks - Paladin has magic that affects blood and is a blood relative to Ktulu
In your ear - fluff?
You shiver and feint - blood boiling magic can potentially make another's body jerk and tremble as if shivering.
Yet cannot escape - Paladin escaped his original home, but his family (father included) found their way to Helovia so he didn't really escape them. Paladin's blood boiling magic is also inescapable.

History pursues. - He is constantly haunted by his past. His foals usually display characteristics that remind him of his father.

Icon by Tay

Outcast
Cami
DAENERYS GUESS: Hector

Stained glass window - There is a stained glass window at Annenberg Hall called 'Parting of Hector'
Your colors keep on growin - We are in orangemoon, and Hectors colors are brown, orange and white, which are also the colors spreading through Helovia right now
How many faces
do you hide? - Hector is aloof and secretive

Helovian Ancient

"Paladin the Blood Boiler is correct, Ktulu. His past haunts him still, and echos in his sons," the red mermaid says happily, giving the silver mermaid a stern look. Next, Daenerys speaks, the green mermaid listening thoughtfully before speaking. "The mysterious doctor of the Edge, d'Artagnan is the stained glass window of whom I speak."

The mermaids begin to sing and chant, as the large group has finally been narrowed to one. The silver mermaid, with dark eyes, looks toward Ktulu happily. "This is for you, or the sister you love so much." With a smile, the mermaid makes the wave carry the silver egg gently to rest in the sand at her feet. "It will hatch in two weeks time."

Due to difficulty levels of the two riddles being questioned, this round will also be thrown out.

Blood speaks in your ear - Refers to Paladin's magic, also his thoughts about his father which tried to make him a merciless killing machine
You shiver and feint - He attempts to head in the opposite direction, feinting away from his father's path. Policies of equality, etc.
Yet cannot escape

History pursues. - His sons Varath and Vadim have a darker side, similar to Riekahn.

Stained glass window - d'Artagnan is often referred to as "mad", hence stained. He has two glass horns, so it's a slight appearance ref.
Your colors keep on growing - His life experience is growing. First he became the healer of the Edge, then he learned information about poisonous plants, and now he is in a growing relationship with Kou. Different colors of his life.

How many faces
Do you hide?
- d'Artagnan usually appears composed, no matter what his inner thoughts are portraying. In a sense, he is hiding his true personality, or his "face".

Helovian Ancient

"The golden child of tantrums is in fact the God of the Sun," the orange lady says happily. The other girls giggle for a moment before Daenerys gives her answer. "The halfbreed bronze is Vikram," the teal mermaid says with a sigh. "How clever." Solstice, however, hestitates and answers last, and it is not to her advantage. "The fiery lady of bay I spoke of is Kri the Resolute. You may leave," the blue girl says without so much as an upward glance at the tobiano.

"Only two remain, and the fun is almost spent," the pink mermaid says cheerfully, giving a nod to the silver mermaid still holding the egg tightly.

The red-tailed mermaid speaks next:

"Ktulu,

The first to fall
Warm before it freezes
History repeats.

Of whom do I speak?"

The lady of green speaks to the gray mare:

"Daenerys,

Feral animal
Caught on barbed wire
No need to bite
Those who aid you.

Of whom do I speak?"

[ You have 48 hours to respond to the riddle. ]

Outcast
Cami
DAENERYS GUESS: Monster
Peace out <3

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali
KTULU GUESS: Soleil

The first to fall: Soleil means Sun. First to fall signifies the sunset.
Warm before it freezes - The Sun is hottest in the summer months. Summer comes before winter, when it is often 'freezing cold' outside.
History repeats. Soleil was instated as the Equine lead in the Foothills just as she was in the Tides. Her past with 'breaking Aderes heart' is also coming back to haunt her due to Solstice's gossip. Also her decision to leave the Oasis in favor of Paladin is haunting her because of Ricochet's gossip.

Helovian Ancient

"No," the green mermaid says flatly in response to the dog spoken of. "Korra is the feral animal I speak of." Yet Ktulu will have no such luck with her guess, either, and the red mermaid's face creases in a frown. "The young child Sno is due to turn icy like her father soon."

The yellow mermaid speaks next:

"Daenerys,

Wind blows through the trees
Whispers in the leaves
But remains invisible.
"

And then the vibrant pink:

"Ktulu,

Blood in the ocean
A brave girl
Injured by a predator.
"

[ You have 48 hours to respond. ]

Ktulu
The first to fall - Sno is Mauja's first child. Plus, snow "falls".
Warm before it freezes - She is kind now, but her personality is supposed to turn icy like her father. Should make you think of wintery things.
History repeats. - Again, becoming more like Daddy. Can also refer to Sno recently running away from Mauja like Psyche did.

Daenerys
Feral animal - Korra is often referred to as feral in her posts. Savage is also a synonym for feral.
Caught on barbed wire - Hint that this character is a unicorn. Korra's horns also have several prongs like barbed wire.
No need to bite
Those who aid you.
- Korra is often very unfriendly and has killed a character on the site. However, she was more than polite to the Earth God who healed her and is amiable to her herdmates, such as Lotus.

Outcast
Cami
DAENERYS GUESS: Xenos Yaro

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali
KTULU GUESS: Ophelia

Blood in the ocean - red tips in mane could signify blood in water. blood is red. when she was a foal she was injured by Nyra on the beaches of the Tides.
Nyra cut her shoulder with her horn and drew blood. \
deimos injured phi in the edge, which is also on a beach.
Osiris hurt Ophelia on the beach as well when he broke her heart when she saw him with Virva.
In Isilme, Ktulu and Ophelia were both attacked on the beach by a Gryphon and both were injured.
A brave girl - phi is often described as brave in roleplay
Injured by a predator. - nyra and her sect can be considered predators. deimos is also a predator who injured ophelia.

Helovian Ancient

"Ophelia is the brave injured girl of whom I speak," the pink mermaid says happily, giving the silver mermaid a stern look. Next, Daenerys speaks, the yellow mermaid listening thoughtfully before speaking. "The master of Wind, God of the Moon is who I speak of."

The mermaids begin to sing and chant, as the large group has finally been narrowed to one. The silver mermaid, with dark eyes, looks toward Ktulu happily. "This is for you, or the sister you love so much." With a smile, the mermaid makes the wave carry the silver egg gently to rest in the sand at her feet. "It will hatch in two weeks time."

DAENERYS
Wind blows through the trees - The first word and also subject of the entire riddle is Wind, which you should then assume is probably very important. The God of the Moon controls all wind magic.
Whispers in the leaves - Her voice is almost always referred to as a whisper, a whisper of wind, something light and airy, but mysterious.
But remains invisible. - The Moon Goddess is the most mysterious God. She almost never hold emotion on her face, and often speaks in riddles. She is not easily understood or seen properly.

KTULU - Her riddle could easily have been Ophelia or Cassiopeia, and the difficulty level was recognizing the one extra hint which pointed toward Ophelia rather than Cassiopeia.

Blood in the ocean - Ophelia has one red eye (blood) and one blue eye (ocean). This could also make you think of a beach, would likely lead you to think of Cassie's recent encounter at the Endless Blue with a cougar.
A brave girl - Ophelia is described as brave in her posts.
Injured by a predator. - Her heart was recently broken by Osiris, a wolfxhorse hybrid.