the Rift

[DROP] Royal NS Companion Drop

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Round Two

You're running. You can see that you're getting closer, but not quite there. You can feel the pull between you and this egg, and it makes you push even harder to go faster. However, you can feel the ground starting to shake beneath you, shake and then split. It is as if the earth is attempting to protect the egg from those who were not its rightful owners. If you still want that egg you must jump, and soon, because the distance between you and the egg is growing every second.

|| Biru has taken a hold of first place. As you go to leap through the air you can feel the earth under you shift, shift and actually push up at the same time you push off. This extra push gives you even more distance to land on the other side. Could it be the earth wants you to have the egg? Or could it simply be that you just had the luck of the draw? Either way, you have to keep running to make it there.

|| Brisa, Thranduil and Abishia are currently tied for second place. As each of you step off, you gain speed - tons of speed. Not only do you (Thranduil and Abishia) managed to make it up to first, but all three of you get a good push off, ahead of the other ones. However, when you landed, the ground was still shaking and breaking apart. In fact, your hind legs are only centimeters from slipping off the edge, and you can hear the sound of loose rock tumbling down into the ditch the earthquake was creating. It was this slip up and struggle to not fall down into the ditch that caused you to fall into second.

|| Esther and Liit are tied for third. You manage to maintain a steady pace, and even the earth shaking does not stopping you from landing safely on the other side. However, since the others had gotten ahead of you, the distance across the ditch was far wider and required a larger head start. Be glad, though, that you didn't have to get to know what it felt like to almost fall ten feet down.

|| Ilios is currently in 4th place. As you are running, the feeling of the earth shaking takes you off guard. You stumble once, before grabbing your balance again, and manage to take off before the ditch becomes too large to jump over logically. However, when you land, you land and roll forward, body somersaulting before you can get back on your feet. You don't realize until now that the pack is starting to separate from you. If you want to catch up you'll definitely need to kick it into high gear.

|| Delsolea and Jorogumo are no longer in the running for this companion. Jorogumo posted 9 hours late, and Delsolea did not post at all. Both of you have the unfortunate timing of the earth dropping out from under you, leaving you in a ditch too deep to jump out of, and too small (for the moment) to spread your wings and fly out of.

This is a dice roll race! All previous denials will be used in your favor in the dice. You have 96 hours to post to this drop before the next roll - there will be at least 3 rounds (4 if there is a tie for first after the 3rd round)

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

She is getting closer... Closer.... Others fly forward and some fall back, figures rising from the dust become almost recognizable, but they soon fade away as others weave and push just as she had to try and get ahead of all the others. But all she can think of now that is she is coser is how divine it would be to have such a beautiful prize, something she could be proud of. Something she wouldn't have to shame herself for... Something that she could love endlessly, and it wouldn't matter if they egg stayed an egg or turned into something more magnificent, cause she would finally have something to be thankful for. As of now, she had nothing to live for (or so she thought...), nothing to keep her going. But something that was valuable enough to make all these other equines risk their lives for it, pushing themselves to their limits, it had to be worth something, right? Her steps trembled with excitement, her strides so strung out and large that when they gathered under her belly, her front and hind hooves nearly touched. The wind changed, then the shaking. The footing was being lost. The earth was splitting. Something beyond all of these souls, beyond the powers that any of them may posses, was making this happen. The egg was important, so important that a force stronger than all of them was doing it's best to rule out the rightful winner.

Her twisted smirk appeared on her maw. The only thing she could think to do was to jump. Her quick thinking skills aided her; quickly, she bunched her hind muscles, not stopping, but lengthening her stride a couple times before she reached the crack that was slowly widening. She didn't dare to look down, but instead gave a tremendous leap, tucking her knees close to her chest and squinting her eyes, pinning her harks and bunching her hind legs at her hocks. When she had let off, the footing had been shaky, almost giving way under her weight it seemed; but she had to remind herself to keep calm, put her faith in the Gods hands, and only hope all would be well. She reached for the other side of the ditch, not sure if she would land effortlessly, or fall to her possible death... But surprisingly, she was thrilled rather than fearsome. The experience had tested her limits to a point in which she never knew she could push herself. This made her senses more keen, herself even more clever than she already was. The extreme concentration had made her brain tired, fried, but maybe it would all be worth it in the end... Maybe she would get a prize.

But she didn't care to get her hopes up. Disappointment was a feeling that knocked at her door much too often, and she didn't want another one of those horrid situations again (like when those sales people knock on your door, and you just kind of nod awkwardly... Yeah, like that. Not very enjoyable. Everyone could do without those annoying sales people, right?). Why should I expect so much out of myself when there is a possiblity that I won't even win? She still hung in the air, time seemed slow as her collected bodice flew through the air with percision. She concentrating on the landing before her, a stable area of sands that hadn't cracked or caved in yet, just four feet from the other side of the ditch.

Oh fuck, what if I don't make it?

But her hooves collide with ground, far from where she had suspected to land, nearly five feet from the edge. But she wasted no time recovering from the landing that was a bit messy, hitting the ground running, (literally), her first hoof touched the sand, while the other swung forward and began another stride, at full speed, she shot forward, paying no attention to the others. She presses on, the earth still trembling beneath her. It seemed to be heaving with the pounding of hooves, just like her mosaic torso was heaving with every breath and every pump of her heart, which now seemed to be in her throat.

She wanted it so bad, she could die, right there and still be happy with her efforts. The others were of no concern. All that mattered was her, for once Throughout all this, the shaky earth only gave her more hope. Maybe this was a sign, maybe it wasn't. But frankly, She didn't care about the negative View, all that mattered was that She was trying, hard, and it was a possibility She could win, even if it was slim. There seemed to be just one ahead of her, and others beside her. Her hopes soared. Concentrate... Come on... The earth shuddered beneath her, But She ignored the lack of foot hold and ran.

Her sides shook with every breath just as the earth before her. Her pillars ached, But She was in all her glory. All She could think was Push, Push, run, so That's what She did. She leaped over areas She thought were unstable, But they weren't full on jumps that could possibly slow her with prepping and landing, only little skips between strides. She never hesitated. Never stopped.

They were coming closer, closer, But the child still hadn't ran at her fullest potential, She had refrained from going all out, in the case that She would fall behind. So with another step, She pushed off her hind legs and strung out her bodice, eating up the ground at amazing speeds. The energy She had saved may come in handy, may not, But the change in speed was obvious. She lurch forward, extended her neck But tucking her nose slightly, her hooves wildly pounding at the sand. 0 to 200, She pushed on, flying forward with long, calculated strides. She squinted her pools, sand flying back at her, But it nothing could stop her.

-
I didn't know if we play them out landing the jump and all, so I just put that in there.

If we aren't supposed to, please disregard that moment in this post.
Thanks (:

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
He was still running, but the colt instinctively kept himself back waiting for the very last second to throw his all into it. He had to get there had to take the pretty blue thing back to his mother. His young heart flipped sadly at the brief flash of a thought that he wouldn't make it first. No he wanted to scream in protest of the terrible thoughts. The colt finally found a good steady stride and was moving closer to the heard, but still far enough to the side that he wasn't running in pits and he could breath clean air. Suddenly the ground began to tremble under his sharp foal hooves. The shaking made the poor colt stumble, but he threw his forever long legs under his slim body and kept his footing.

The ground before him suddenly split apart leaving a very large gap. Determination spread through his buckskin and teal body like a flash flood as he neared the gap. He briefly wished he could fly, as he gathered his hindquarters preparing to leap. Once he was sure he was close enough he pushed off of the sandy ground. Fear brushed his heart for a moment while he flew through the air. As the ground nears his teal legs slide out from under his body. He flipped through the air twice before landing lightly on the warm sand.

Even as he hit Ilios was pulling himself together and running again. His hooves pounding at the ground as he threw himself into high gear, running all out. He wished his mother was there to get the egg for him, or to at least distract the other racers some how. Instead he pushed his legs out as far and as fast as he could stretching his body out hopefully passing everyone ahead of him.
"Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 306
Ilios

Biru Posts: 33
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 Hands :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Annabelle :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Adoptable
The thick sand beneath his feet seemed to keep him where he was. Frustration began to sink into his body, and his muscles began to quake as Biru forced his body to work even harder. Suddenly, beneath him the ground began to shake, no doubt an earth tremor.

He waited a few moments, running atop the shaking earth, but it seemed to be shaking and pushing away from the ground behind him. By the moment, it seems to be catching up to him, as it hit him, he hoped he could push off correctly.

Luckily, it seems he did. As his hooves pushed off the earth, so did he. His jump sent him flying into the air. It was a little uncomfortable, being a unicorn meant being on the ground. However, now it seemed that he could fly without his wings, and he was comforted by the fact, he could get this egg!

As he hit the sand on the other side, he landed perfectly without a flaw. He pushed off again, sending sand flying out from behind him as he put his head up a little to look around for the competition. He glanced left, right and in front of him, and did not see a soul. He could hear hoofbeats, but see no one. Was he in the lead? Was he on the track to winning this egg? His eyes widened with excitement, but he wouldn't let himself get over excited. His legs just kept pounding as he tried to fly.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The teal aura of the egg becomes closer and closer yet still so far away, it is calling to her on some subconscious level she cannot explain. Desire and hope fuel her every stride willing for her feet to carry her only a little bit faster, she needs to get there before the others. An object in her peripheral vision makes her heart jump, No, No, No, this cannot happen, she has to regain the ground she has lost somehow.

The pounding of their hooves against the ground create earthquake like tremors to radiate up through her limbs, each step is tedious and careful so that her feet continue to carry her forward and not trip her up. Moments pass before she realizes that the tremors are not caused by their hooves but by the earth literally breaking up beneath their feet, ah hell NO! Before her eyes the earth shakes and splits in two giving them all of three options, turn back, stop or jump. Turning back would likely end in death as her momentum now would continue to carry her forward over the edge and there was no hope in stopping so the only option left is to jump. Fear manages to prod into the wave of focus but she snaps it back violently, NO she needed to protect the egg! What if it got swallowed up in this, an innocent life would be lost. She was going to get to it before she would let that happen, she had to make sure it was safe!

Sinking down deep in her haunches she feels all her muscles tense in preparedness for what would come next before she pushed back against the force of gravity launching herself forward into the air. Stretching herself forward she felt warmth caress her body as her skin lit into a thin coating of blue and white flames soothing her mind and allowing her to remember what she was fighting for. As her hooves touched back down onto the earth the tremors nearly sent her reeling backwards off the ledge, gritting her teeth she fought tooth and nail to regain her forward momentum finally distancing herself from the ledge. Now for the egg, locking her eyes on the target she refused to look back at what was already overcome she just needed to move forward and kick everyone elses ass, this would be her egg to cherish and eventually raise nothing would stand in her way now.

Brisa speaks

Brisa is hoping for a Kitsune companion with
Electric ability: lightning can manifest from the tails and be used as whip-like weapons

1 previous denial
Step Right Up

Wishlist

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

T H R A N D U I L
Opening to hell,
He almost fell,
But again sounds the call,
Asking for his all.

Was hell this hot? God he hoped not. Sun beat down on the golden back and was burning a hole through his soaked hid. Flying about through the sand and sun, blinded by their gold. His earth eyes though saw only blue, that crystal like blue stone. It still had the golden completely entwined in its call. So much so the beast hardly knew how close he was to first. Only when the biting of the sand eased did harks lift and realize nearly none raced before him. There was no glee on his face though or alight in his eyes. Winning the race meant nothing. Answering the call meant everything.

He was not alone though. Four other currently raced near the front alongside him and the golden was hard pressed in the growing strain and sweat to keep his position among them. Oh how cloven hooves longed for solid turf and earth that did not shake and rumble when dug into. Shake and push. Concentration broken. Head lifted from its long stride. That movement was not made by any hoof. Full speed was carrying him through, but mind shook as deeply as the earth. Cracks drew in the sand. Spanish head snapped up. Holy shit.

Earth cracked in two. Sands, like rivers poured into the opening. Waterfalls of gold. Head dashed up further, the call was growing fainter, the crack wider. Thranduil would have to jump. No, he had to jump. Hark pinned and hinds kicked up a little. Thought to those beside him vanished, and or a moment full thought was on crossing this one way trip to hell. Thunder beast slowed a gallop, legs counting their paces. Three, Two, One. Hinds slide under him completely. Collected. Crouched. Then sprung. Whole bodily force thrown up and forward. Hark pinned and body straining. The golden was not much of a jumper, and certainly not a flyer, but cheating death over than opening earth made a light dance in his chest. Seconds ticked. One. Two. The side was still moving farther away. Dark eyes narrowed. Thranduil threw himself across. Strain dripping off golden hid in sweat.

Cloven hooves slam into sanded earth and the reverberations shake the beast some as hinds tuck in to follow. Do not celebrate too fast. Hinds touch the earth only to have it fall away. Shoulders pull as legs kick to find a solid footing. For a moment all might be lost. For a moment hell seems to be burning Thranduil’s fetlocks. Then, for the second time in the race a force rolled across the sands and slammed into the golden. Stronger than ever it radiated from that sea blue stone. Head snatch up, and earth eyes locked in once more. Vocals rage a deep roar. There is one ahead closer and the call is vibrating the golden mind that it is so close…to being lost. Cloven hooves snap on solid earth and kick the beast forward with such power it nearly summersaults him. Spine flexes though and rolls through. The golden son runs again.

It was no longer a faint and muddled call through the wind. It was roaring through him, and echoing in his chest. It pulled every muscle and stretched ever part of his body beyond limit. With the same struggle as before Thranduil threw in all his speed. Body already ached, and burned, but there wasn’t much left. The clear blue stone called to the golden. So many were so close. It could not be lost. Distance was closing. Time was running out. So little left. Call was stronger. So much at stake.

The golden son stretched past his limit. Spanish neck straining to pull himself in first. Answer on his lips.

OOC :: Thranduil seeks a Cerndyr, with Dark Mist
Wishlist

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

The pull from the pretty object we are all racing to get to becomes stronger. I can not ignore it. My heart beats faster, the blood pumping through my veins even faster than it was before. My legs seemed to pound in rhythm, my strides lengthening out even more. Time to kick it up another notch. If I don't, I fear I will be to late and lose out on the precious object we are all running to get to.

The earth below us all shakes and cracks wide open. The sands pour into the gap like a river. How I manage to stay on my hooves with all the shaking I do not understand but I am thankful for it. I fear I will not be able to make the jump at my current pace, so I ask my body for more speed. Somehow, I have more gears to shift into. My hooves drum into the sand, the space between the gap and I closing faster and faster. Suddenly I am out of room to gain speed and I push off with my hind legs, sending me sailing across the gap almost effortlessly. Key word being almost. I land rather roughly, but stay on my hooves and continue to run forward.

My body aches from all the running. I think, since running to Helovia to get away from the two legged strange creatures that this is the longest I have run. I am no sport horse, but I am no overweight pony either. This running, win or lose will be good for me to get in shape.... But I have to win... I just have to!

"blah blah blah."

Wishlist: Cerndyr | Starpast

[Image: 538046fbcc311]
Please Tag Esther in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Final Round

You thought you were doing great. However, you know your legs are getting tired, and the sand is stinging your eyes like no other. Perhaps you shouldn't have tried so hard. Or, perhaps you should have tried harder. The earth is starting to shift again, but where you are in relation to it - well that all depends on what seems to happen from here on out.

|| Liit was eliminated due to not posting in time.

|| Brisa has fallen into last place by a horrific turn of events. As you run forward the earth has begun to shift again. Your limbs catch on a piece of driftwood which had been previously hidden and down, down, down you stumble. You cannot seem to regain your balance before your strip of land is starting to lower deeper, making it difficult for you to get out of in time to stay at pace with the rest of them.

|| Thranduil has fallen into fourth place. As Brisa trips beside you, the tip of your back hoof catches onto the driftwood that took her down. However you only stumble a few paces forward and manage to get out of the strip of land that had lowered. But, the land starts to lower before you even realize it, and you meet a wall of cascading sand too close to jump over quickly enough.

|| Esther and Ilios are in third. It seems that the two of you have become friends out of this. After all, only friends could stay so close to each other. Either that or you are both very good at pacing the other. You manage to avoid the sections of the falling land, but you cannot get close enough to Biru in order to stay and pace with him. This lack of extra speed may just be your downfall.

|| Abishia is in second. You keep a steady pace, limbs able to land and do as you wish - however you cannot seem to advance upon Biru. You, Esther, and Ilios are met with a wall of sand as a circle with a ten foot radius raises up, not only protecting the egg from onlookers, but the person who is on top of it. It seems the earth has chosen who the companion will belong to and it seems it is not you today...

|| Biru you are the only one who has gotten to the egg, and you can see the earth seeming to raise around not only you, but the egg as well - sand cascades down onto the ground around you as you are lifted a good two feet above the rest. The egg is yours, take good care of it.

Final Number tallies (based off of rolls) were:
1st: Biru [2]
2nd: Abishia [1]
3rd: Esther [0] || Ilios [0]
4th: Thranduil [-1]
5th: Brisa [-3]

The rolls gave everyone an equal chance of moving forward one or two or back one or two. And then 2/6 of a chance of 'staying the same'
If anyone would like to see a screenshots of the rolls for any reason please PM Official.

Biru - please post to the updates board for your companion to be updated. Your companion can hatch immediately, just provide a link to that thread when you do the update request. Thank you and congrats!