the Rift

[OPEN] !! Bury Your Words [Africa]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The water was placed before the immobile mare and the dove stepped back to wait in anguished silence, a stream of mixed prayer and thought flying through her mind. If Rasta didn't make it - oh, gods, she couldn't stand it! She couldn't lose anyone else, not after her parents and her sister and her mates and her children - what else could be taken from her, if not her dearest friend? Another seizure wracked the mare's bodice, and Sohalia cried out, though she could not manage to form any words. This gave way to a rain of tears, which fell to dot the sands below her. I brought her water. Why wasn't she getting better when she had water?

Andromeda, though, maintained her composure, and upon receiving another order, the dove sent Astraeus for another leaf. This time, he brought her a larger leaf and a vine, which she promptly turned into a basket of sorts. She slipped the vine over her neck, holding it precariously under a wing as she fled to the oasis once more. When she arrived, she did not slow; she merely bolted into the water, allowing the watering hole to fill her crystalline canteen. Astraeus brought her another leaf, which she used to cover the top half of the bowl, forming a sphere, leaving only a small pout through which water could be poured. Back to the group she ran, not afraid of spilling her precious cargo now.

She almost fell into the healing area, sliding to a neat halt and walking the last few steps to her fallen comrade. Kneeling, she dropped gracelessly to the ground near Rasta's head, using a wing to carefully hold the mare's head up. She poured a small trickle of water into Rasta's mouth, hoping that she was not using too much, not wishing to drown the palomino. "I-is this okay?" she asked Andromeda anxiously. Please wake up.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

I was weak - that much was obvious. But, I was slowly beginning to come back. More heat was there - however it was directed at each of my muscles that seemed to spasm. And, slowly, as I lay there, I could feel most of my senses return. It was the lifting of my head with the feathers of a wing from someone in our group was helping me get water. And, the small trickle which I was given was greedily sucked up - body begging for more.

I shuffle, my head tilting a little and my eyes beginning to open even though it did little for me as my sight was still gone. And, with my mind too hazy to focus on anything all I knew were the feelings of feathers against my skull, the sand under my frame, and the way the heat was working with my muscles to loosen them and keep them from spasming. Well, that and the now massive headache that wouldn't stop pounding. There was a very small snort before my weak voice pulled back out into the air again. "M-my h-head hurts…" a cough from my hoarseness and ears pinning back. "Who's here… what just happened?" I muttered, voice harsh, rugged - not my normal voice. I didn't know Sohalia was here. I didn't know Africa was here. Everything was muddled and I could've sworn that I was alone with some stranger. I just wanted my friends, even if for a moment...

I needed more water, I needed my headache to go away, and I needed to stay cool. After that, everything else would do better.

@[Africa]

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

Responding swiftly to the Sun Physician’s instruction, Africa sprang forward towards the crystal cup with well-meaning urgency and her forward flung hooves nearly bowled it clean over. Her nose rattled dismay loudly, and she paused for a moment, realising all at once her blind panic was no benefit to anyone. Elegant, fire-strewn crest craned right impulsively, lips rummaging through the glossing lacework of mottled grey feathering to find one mid-length, and pluck it away. There was no thought behind the act, no consideration, not even realisation. As she turned back to look upon the crumpled form of her pale, creamy friend, the one-winged released the quill and it fell in loose, twirling circles to lie in the sand by Rasta’s body.

Africa blinked hard, clenching lids together as though blocking out the horrible scene before her might help her mind to clear; she hoped to settle her fraying nerves, to steady the frenzied beating of her heart. Barely seconds had passed in truth since Andromeda had spoken, and after the moment spent collecting herself, quivering lips sank to find the rim of Sohalia’s bowl. Teeth gathered carefully around it, feeling the cold smooth ridge and securing it attentively; and she lifted it above the smooth hide of the mare before allowing the cool fluid within to spill. She poured water delicately along the curve of the scarcely rising barrel, noting vaguely a light film of desert dust discolour the little erratic channels.

When it was empty, she glanced from Andromeda to her white sister who had returned with more in an improved jug, eyes seemingly stained with grief. Africa’s own eyes grew suddenly hot, and raw emotion leaked quickly to prickle the soft grey of her face. She did not cry though, instead looking quickly down as Sohalia fell by the face of their friend, coaxing her to drink. The Starry-Eyed held her breath anxiously and waited as the water seemed to sink into her mouth; it was not repelled...

Rasta’s eyes opened at last revealing the cloudy, sightless gaze that had been so desperately wanted. "We are here. " Africa cooed softly, sliding forward instantly to nuzzle one ear slunk back into flaxen threads. Relieved, she looked by each mare as she mentioned their name, "...Africa, Sohalia, Andromeda... " Then carefully she pulled away, bared teeth sweeping down to collect the crystal cup resting in the sand. "I will fetch more water! "

[Hngngng, Sohalia is such a sweet heart <3]

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Sohalia is brilliant at fetching the water, and I'm pleased that she is able to be so helpful. She brings back more water, carefully lifting the palomino mare's head so she may be able to drink some of it, as unconscious as she appears. Africa, too, pulls herself together and goes to fetch water as well, using Silas to assist her. I note how resourceful my Queens are, and find that I am so grateful for this. Our herd is in good hooves, with generous and amazing minds and souls. Reassured - that is how I feel.

I'm thrilled to see that my ward is starting to recover, and has in fact regained consciousness. Relief washes over me, sinking into all of my pores. My first time healing and I'm presented with something as difficult as heat stroke and flame healing! I wasn't sure that I could really do it, but now it seems I have been proven wrong - thank goodness for that. Not only does she prove to be conscious again, she starts to speak. Claiming a headache - of course she has a headache, she passed out and is massively dehydrated - she seems very confused, and wonders who is here. Africa returns with water and tries to encourage her to drink, then names those of us present. Gently, I speak to Rasta, trying to focus her attention on the water that has been presented in front of her. "Rasta, drink, if you can. It will help cool you and hydrate you." A little more water is left to pour over her and I reach to grab the dish with my teeth, gently tilting it over her already-wet body.

Rest and shade ought to be the only remedy left for Miss Rasta. Clearly her body is not adjusted to the heat, and I can only think that she must have not had a drink for ages to faint so quickly. "You must, must drink more when you're in the desert, especially in this summer heat."

"Speech."

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Sohalia

Rasta was still and quiet, but the dove's heart was racing, pounding in her auds. She didn't realize that she was holding her breath until, suddenly, she was gasping for air in between quiet sobs. It was only then that she realized how desperately she had been trying to hold her fear, her panic, her pain in check. It was only then that she realized how horribly she had failed. It was all she could do to keep from falling to her knees, collapsing into a heap on the ground next to her dearest friend. How could this have happened? Of all the creatures to be hurting, why Rasta?

She tried to contain herself, and for the most part she succeeded, her frame shaking in silence, her tears falling quietly, with only the occasional choking noise to indicate that anything was particularly wrong. She was only barely aware of her surroundings - and then suddenly, inexplicably, Rasta spoke. The crying ceased almost immediately, with only a soft hiccup to show that she had been so upset. Still, she found herself unable to speak, and Africa was the first to welcome their friend back into the world.

"Rasta," she whispered reverently, euphorically. Africa stepped away, disappeared, and though the angel was afraid that she should not crowd the downed mare, she stepped forward to briefly brush her muzzle across Rasta's forehead. "Rasta, we're all here. You're going to be okay. Listen to Andromeda, drink up, please."

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

It was her eyes that opened. Gentle, weak movements and pleas for who ever was there. She wanted her friends. She wanted to feel safe, but she wasn't sure that it was possible. But it was Africa's voice she remembered, saying that they were there and listing off their names. Her muzzle gently pressing against one of Rasta's ears as she allowed her audits to slide closed again - doing her best to concentrate on the frames which were around her - to place each name where they were supposed to be.

Andromeda scolded her and Rasta bit back the desire to say she didn't understand. However, she couldn't manage this for long. "Maybe... maybe I did it to myself," she whispered under her breath - doubting that anyone would hear it. She did, after all, deserve this pain for daring to leave her friends when they needed her most by being unable to speak. She knew that she had hurt them even more than before. And so, she allowed her head to lay back down against Sohalia's wing. Then, she listened to the words that fell from her dear friends mouth. Telling her to drink up. God, only for them did she dare to take in any more water. Because, really, she deserved even more pain for leaving her there. The gentle brush of the maw against her forehead and continued to drink up the water that was there. "I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry," she continued to apologize before resting her head back down upon the sand and taking in a few deep breaths.

Would anyone even understand?

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

@[Africa]

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

Water sloshed from the crystal cup as Africa bounced energetically back towards the rim of the oasis. The long glossy grey feathers trimming her only wing flared outwards as she went; hurrying (because the situation was dire), and trying in vain to balance enough to not lose Rasta’s cool drink altogether along the way. "Hurry-hurry-hurry..." she chanted to herself aloud, inexpert teeth gripping the slippery surface of the leaf-vessel and lips wrapped awkwardly around it as well. Saliva pooled in her open mouth, spilling, blending with the water; tongue lolling backwards and forwards, but she barely noticed. Large almond-shaped eyes were creased with worry as they strained through the desert’s hardy undergrowth, hunting for her friends.

All was still and quiet when she arrived back. The ailing mare’s head lay across a bed of Sohalia’s wing feathers, eyes opened weakly, nostrils panting all the while for air. Gingerly and delicately the one-winged mare crept forward with the trickle of water still pooled in the base of her cup, and she lowered it towards Rasta with softly blowing, tender breaths. When she had set it down in the sand, her gaze lifted to examine the expressions of Andromeda and Sohalia, hoping at least to learn if the need for concern had escalated. Though still the same worry wrought through her own pale features seemed to stain theirs, it hadn’t worsened, and Africa allowed herself a deep, relieved breath.

She had been away during the chorus of feeble apologising. With shoulders flinching as the adrenaline fuelling her body began to subside, the dappled Pegasus asked with a tender note, "What happened to you? Where have you been?" Warm nurturing eyes gazed down upon the slumped form of their friend, confusion glazed across them. Perhaps the Darkness was the cause of this, Africa shuddered and thought of Silk; of the two half rotted corpses that had pursued her many seasons ago before the herd had taken shelter. Rasta seemed not to have the wounds of the sickness though, and she was recovering at last- hopefully enough to explain.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Everyone is ready to celebrate Rasta's presumed recovery. I am happy as well to see her speaking and beginning to move, but I do worry that she may try to do too much too soon. Sohalia moves over to her and nuzzles her, speaking softly but exuberantly. But the words that come from Rasta's mouth make no sense to me. She did it to herself, it's her own fault? What is this poor thing talking about? Africa approaches with the water and lowers it to the downed mare's lips. I thought that she may have been hallucinating or delusional, but I also thought that was from the heat stroke. Now, she is recovering, and she is still talking what sounds to me like nonsense. Africa bends down and asks gently what happened.

I carefully stand up and move back from the mare on the ground. Looking at my queens, I bow my head respectfully. "She will be fine if she rests, stays out of the sun, and drinks water. No strenuous activity, alright?" I direct the last part to Rasta, making sure that she hears me. I do not know what is going on here, nor do I think I have any part of it. I have done my part to heal Rasta, but healing of the mind is not something I'm sure that I am yet capable of. "I will take my leave, with your permission. I am sure you have much to discuss, and I do not want to intrude. If you need me, I shall be quick to return." I take a step back, bowing, and turn to leave, trotting away from the three of them. Rasta should be okay now, as long as she is not overeager and listens to my orders. Africa and Sohalia should be able to help enforce that, and take care of their friend. For now I am of no further use to them, and I may find another who needs my assistance.

WC: 331
Tag: @[Sohalia]
OOC: I have no muse for this thread so Andi is peace-ing out.

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Sohalia

"You have nothing to apologize for," the angel soothed, gentle breaths stirring her friend's locks. Thankfully, Rasta did not appear to be injured, merely dehydrated and overheated. Andromeda had done wonderful work, taking charge of the situation and restoring order when both Sultanas had been unable to do so. The dove was shaken, more so than she cared to admit. She could manage a crisis, of course, but her violent reaction to her loved ones' pain worried her. What would happen if their herd came under attack and she had to watch her dear family fight? Would it distract her, cause her harm, kill her? Would she be so wrapped up in guilt and anguish that she would be unable to defend herself, much less her herd?

Rasta's head lay on the downy white of her wing, and she was afraid to move lest she trigger another seizure or cause more pain. Whatever had happened, none of her friends deserved the kind of stress and illness that Rasta had come under. But why did she keep apologizing, as though she deserved her pain, as though she had done something wrong? What could this sweet, sweet mare - her greatest friend since Rowan's death - have possibly done to feel this way?

When Africa returned, Sohalia greeted her with a small but weary smile. The one-winged mare placed the water gently by Rasta's head. Andromeda spoke up suddenly, announcing her leave and prescribing a few lingering directions. "Thank you, Andromeda," the angel replied gratefully. "Your services are greatly appreciated, my friend." And when she was gone, and the attention was on Rasta again, Africa voiced the questions that the dove wanted so badly to know.

What happened to you? Where have you been?

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia