the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
Others came, like she knew they would. Aurelia, a black stallion she did not know and Quilyan who she remembered from the herd meeting. There was hope with Quilyan’s presence that he would soothe her, but it was not the case. Whatever had been seen was clearly so much worse than Alysanne had expected as her quiet, sweet friend lashed out at Hemlock - the little owl sinking into Valiance’s body and allowing the dragon to keep him anchored as their tree shook - and then dashing away from the stallions that had taken a more direct approach to calming her than she or Aurelia had.

What else could they do?

Green eyes are sad as reactions to their presence are given - accusing the dark one of killing someone, pleading with Aurelia not to burn the family, telling her and Quilyan that they were dead, broken. “Aurelia, please step back.” She spoke softly to the filly, not wanting to hurt her feelings but the fire-wielding mare’s presence wasn’t the most helpful at the moment - not for any personal reasons but that magic. Though she did not believe that Aurelia would harm their family, soft words and actions weren’t going to be enough to bring Resplendence back from the twisted rabbit hole she had found herself in tonight. Alysanne was willing to try anything, would chase anyone away if they so much as triggered an unpleasant feeling (though she didn’t quite think that through - as everyone present seemed to be involved in some way). Her protective side wanted her to spread her wings and shield Resplendence from everyone.

But they were here to help too.

And she needed to remember that she was not the only one that cared for the doctor. She didn’t even know her as well as some of the others here. The words to tell the black stallion to back off as well did not make it through her mouth - she didn’t know him well enough, didn’t even know his name.

Didn’t want to think that the accusation about him being a murderer were true.

There was a terrible moment, with Resplendence on the ground where Alysanne was lost. What could they possibly do to help? How could they battle this? Maybe using soft words might have not been the best approach but she hadn’t been the one to spook the gentle mare, she hadn’t been the one to get her to try and escape. No one’s approach had proved particularly effective and what was possibly left. But Valiance landing on her withers snapped her out of it.

She moved quickly then, willing to take the risk now that the energy seemed to be sapping from Resplendence. She took a side and lowered herself to the ground, a white wing stretching out carefully to rest delicately on the dun’s back. Her instincts were to drape it across and hug the dun tightly… but caution keeps her alert to the reaction so she could remove it. Better to make sure the gesture would be accepted first. A quick look up at the other faces for help or guidance - she would not ignore them, she knew their best shot was to work together to help the mare they cared so much about.

What she wouldn’t give for a magic that would transfer Resplendence’s pain to herself. To take it all or just enough to help her manage, to wake her up from this middle-ground between reality and dream.

“No, no he didn’t, honey. We’re safe and whole. It was a dream, a terrible dream.” She didn’t like to think about anyone broken and bleeding, she remembered the feeling. Remembered dragging herself to Sasha broken and bleeding from the cougar (demon) attack. Her heart ached that Resplendence thought she had seen that of anyone, especially her friends. “We’re alive, and you’re alive. You’re safe Resplendence. Please just look, focus on us. Focus on these faces. Please.” She motioned to them but her eyes remained focused on Resplendence - voice soft. “We love you, so so much, and we’re going to protect each other. We'll going to be just fine.”
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM