the Rift

[PRIVATE] Chance Encounters

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

Ros's voice bickers like a child at the smallest girl, but I hear nothing except the beating of my own heart in my chest. While I knew about death, I had never personally witnessed the grim end of a life. Staring at the lifeless eyes, unfeeling, unseeing in the skull of this grey mare, I shudder. Why did I come here?

Everything becomes so hushed, so still, the world standing still in memorial of this life. The way her body is bent speaks of violence. The splatter of blood along the ground sings of the trauma she faced moments before her heart stopped beating, eyes turning toward the heavens in search of mercy. Within her mouth, clamped tight, silken, black hairs emerge. Even within the final moments of her life, this soul was strong enough to leave the clues of her murder behind. Murder.

I shudder again.

The earth begins to quiver with life, despite the way the corpse sucks out all animation from around it. I know this feeling. He has arrived. My head turns in expectation, eyes meeting a familiar face, kindly face.

Hototo</style>
there will come soft rains.                 </style>

image credits

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
<style type="text/css">.wrapper {background: #607B8E;width: 640px;padding: 20px;}.img {}.container {background: #020307;width: 600px;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 5px;}.messagebox {background: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7);width: 600px;margin-top: 20px;}.message {padding: 10px;color: #000;font: 13px 'Times New Roman', serif;text-align: justify;}.name {font: 26px 'Cinzel', serif;color: #F7FBFA;padding-top: 5px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7); }.parentage {font: italic 14px 'Times New Roman', serif;color: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.6);margin-top: -10px;}</style>
The longer he stood there, close to the lifeless body - surrounded by the others who seemed just as lost as he was at this encounter - the colder he felt. The incredible delight he had felt moments ago at seeing the funny little Ros again, almost all grown up now, seemed far away - back on the earth of Helovia or perhaps lost in another island in the sky. It certainly wasn’t here right now.

It wasn’t so much that it was a dead body, though certainly that would have been chilling to see regardless. It was the plain evidence that something terrible had happened to this winged mare in her final moments.

Peace hadn’t returned to Helovia for very long after the sickness had ebbed backwards, then.

Unable to find his voice again after that first question, he continued to look upon the body with sadness - noticing finally the clump of hair within her mouth. There was a small, hesitant step as though he were going to move forward to get a closer look before he thought better of it. Would it be disrespectful to poke around and see if they could tell anything about that chunk of hair? It looked too coarse to be from a horse, could it have been some other animal? Something new? Perhaps not all of the darkness had subsided, perhaps some of it had lingered in the form of a strange new creature.

His indecision was hastily cast from his mind moments later when, in a variety of different ways, the four Gods of Helovia all appeared out of thin air around them.

After looking around at everyone now here, he found a moment to look back at the mare. Aithniel had said it - this was wrong and that chill in his limbs was settling in to stay.

But when his mother beckoned him, he let his silver eyes slide off the mare.
mesec
child of the moon

image credit
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times