:: Pegasus Flying Race ::

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

They tell me I’m too young to understand
They say I’m caught up in a dream

Dragon's Throat Sultana

With sweat breaking across her sleek brown brow, the platypus heaved her little, awkward body up and over the lowest curve of the golden ring. It was no easy task. There was enormous effort involved in carrying a completely non-aerodynamic, dangling deadweight through the air aboard little pudgy wings (which might have been better suited to a mole beneath the earth, she thought). Her spirits remained high however, an amused smirk blending through the befuddled concentration in her tiny eyes, and her bill clapped together while her throat gurgled, laughing; enjoying the novelty of the rare situation.

Her heavy oar-like tail fell heavily as she plopped down the other side of the marker, and the small mammal flapped heartily to remain afloat with the mild breeze encouraging her lift. As darting eyes began to search the sky surrounding, they were disappointed to learn that a number of the other contestants (completely unfamiliar in the form they had adopted) had continued on ahead- well beyond her reach, and that her position in the game was more or less stuck. Silas drew alongside, catching up after loitering behind to perform his magical ability, and offered to her silent reassurance, searching all the while for some other method to gain ground.

Then, occurring almost as suddenly as the transformation of her body before, the bright blue sky turned to grey; rain... and both the zephyr and the platypus glanced with due wariness at the amassing, ominous clouds above them. Silas in particular was none too fond of water in any form and winced as the downpour commenced. To his ultimate surprise though, no liquid fell to dampen his mood. Africa’s small gaze widened too, stunned, amazed. Frogs were dropping all around them like multicoloured, misshapen hailstones. The bonded couple began the slow, cumbersome task of dodging the amphibians, weaving between their plummeting missile-like corpses, gracelessly.

They had no time to consider their position in the race any longer. Both feared colliding with the strange precipitation, and focused entirely on their safe passage to the next checkpoint- the golden ring, not so shiny in the shadow of the frog-filled clouds, ahead.

Eagle by :: Jassy2012@dA

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
It seemed futile, this body, the way it moved. I tried and tried to work with it, though the icy blast that rocked me was unhelpful. A strangled, mangled noise erupts from my bill, and I feel as if I am being mocked, laughed at. I tried to calm down, to simply accept that this had happened, that I was simply going to have to deal with it.

It was easy for me to accept this, if I thought of it as a temporary ailment, rather than a permanent one. Surely the gods wouldn't have turned the fastest Pegasus in their lands to blubbering, awkward, unusual and seemingly randomly conformed creatures for all of eternity?

Once I had accepted this (hopefully temporary) change, though I fell behind slightly, it wasn't by a great amount, and I did my best to maintain my position still. I held onto the thoughts of you, the feeling that you would be supporting me had you been here - and it helped, a little bit. It at least allowed me to enter this in a lighter humour, to see that the finish line was surely not that far away, that with every ring I managed to get through, I came that much closer to finishing something.

Then it started raining frogs.

I barked a strange sort of laugh as I realised the odd, rainbow creatures for the amphibians usually associated with ponds and streams, were falling from a god-induced cloud above. My bright, cerulean eyes watched as others tried to dance between the frogs, some tried to smack them around. The thought crossed my mind to do similar, but mostly I tried to use the sleek, oilyness of my strange body to weave between the falling frogs. Having smaller wings at least meant I was able to do tighter turns, and I flapped them furiously, moving my tail and webbed feet in similar motions to try and further propel me in the speediest direction.

I did the best I could to simply go with the flow, but it certainly wasn't easy to get used to a strange body, try to concentrate on not getting frogs slapped into my face, and aim myself through the magically suspended rings all at the same time.

""
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
    Deceased
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
    Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There was nothing remotely endearing about this transformation. I heaved, with gasping breath drew myself up and over the lip of yet another hoop made from the bodies of shimmering fireflies. They swayed gently in the wake of my crossing; now a timid breath that was certainly pitiful compared to the mighty typhoon that my wings had once set loose. Limbs untucked their tightly lodged position, for whatever reason I dared not glance down at the strange fins anymore and instead kept eyes locked tightly upon the sky ahead and a distant ring.

Fina chuckled, a throaty laugh that made my skin crawl with unease. “The gods make good jest.” Flattened jaws slipped apart, the mind remembering how to curl back my lips but seemingly unable to physically do so. Instead, I settled for another spewing grunt that was soft and very nearly soundless, “Tis not very funny.” It wasn’t just the strangeness of my new flippers or even the expressionless flat object that was to stand in place of a muzzle; those feathered limbs, or what I assumed to be wings – (Fina helped verify my concerns by sending forth a visual image of the stumpy things that held this overweight bulk aloft.) They flopped, it wasn’t a thrust…nay they simply dangled uselessly up and down.

Seemingly by the grace of Earth I remained airborn.

Other contestants either adjusted to their new forms or simply fell away. There were fewer and fewer bodies ahead now, (or I’d fallen behind entirely and the front was leagues away.) Where was Cera? Ever the reliable, Fina assured me that my prodigy was still alive and well – as was Africa and Satanic Silk.

Patched limbs tucked through another ring; the unrelenting sun and a lack of strong wind made for a warm body. Heat was radiating from my flesh; the sweat pooled from beneath fur, it darkened this frame around pits and recesses. With each ring I dared a glimmer of hope that my body would be restored; yet, it seemed our lessons weren’t meant to end so abruptly.

Something solid hit my rear, I startled. Both ears violently slide back and unknowingly I’d already raised muzz-bill with the tip opened slightly to unleash vengeance upon what had dared…a frog. It wasn’t just any toad, nay, one dipped in the color of a fading sunset, a brilliant shade of violet. Its red eyes regarded me stupidly, signaling no sign of intelligence aside from base animalistic instinct. Fina came soaring overhead, and lunged at the croaker, “Nay child, they are colored strangely. Don’t dine on these.” I shouted.

There was one rule in the natural world that most base creatures followed, if it was brightly stained – it must not be preyed. It was now the firechild who snarled and curled with displeasure back into the sky. She didn’t like to have meals foiled by wisdom. After a moment the strangely decorated polliwog took a leap of faith.

Its suicidal jump was followed by yet another thump across my rear, then spine, nape, thrice, nay more. I felt their sticky little fingers seeking to latch, head shook violently – sending lockets of dual colored hair flying in all direction. Little toads fell, spinning below. I turned to look ahead, a wave of them were falling from the sky. Like rain or snow they fell from the clouds. All painted in astonishing bright colors. Fina was swaying side to side, circling, doing everything in her power to avoid the distasteful creatures that were now pelting our bodies. I grimaced with each little thump, their presence was becoming more than a distraction but a total discomfort.

I summoned magic from the pit of my soul, the first earth element to have been schooled into this body; and perhaps the easiest of my talents to control. Golden sand rose from the ground in small strings; one heartbeat later Fina had given up the fight and glided across my spine. Taking shelter beneath one stump appendage and very nearly spitting hatefully at the food she wouldn’t be sampling today. The sand rose all the same. Taking a large portion of concentration, it soared under my influence until I’d gathered enough to form a sort of crude umbrella above us. The sides were bent sharp, hopefully it would prevent a gathering of bullfrogs on top.

Another flash of gold approaches. I could still feel the ones who had successfully clambered up, their weight was on me and gummy little fingers pawing...
    Our colours come alive when I collide with you
    with you, with you
    [Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
    Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
    Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

From far below, watching the spectacle above, Cera can feel Ilaria's amusement like bright sunshine. He rolls his platy-eyes and makes an odd sound far different from his normal equine huffing. Of course she would find it hilarious to see her bonded turned into some flying pudgy mammal with tiny paws and big beady eyes. He was more similar to her then. Ilaria huffed as if offended by the mere notion, for she was an elegant creature. Cera laughed in a quaking manner that scared him more than his transformation at her arrogant, insulted demeanor. Focusing on the race once more, he frowns to see Sohalia fall back in the line, but she is well and he can see that.

SPLAT!

Cera tumbled down for a moment, spinning wildly as he tried to regain his stability. Ilaria dropped her playful attitude in a panic.

CERA. The youth steadied himself in a daze, comforting her hurriedly. It was raining now? Raining FROGS! Cera had no magic to deter the falling fleshy frogs with their flailing limbs and vapid expressions, but he was having too much fun to want to give up the race. But how in the world was he supposed to get past the evil little slimers? They simply kept pushing him down! Fighting against the squishy evil things, he pumped his wings as hard as he could to try and rise higher, hoping that if they did batter him down he wouldn't have to waste more energy trying to climb up once again to pass through the dancing yellow ring ahead.

It wasn't much of a plan, but he pushed his little body harder against the downpour, not wanting them to push him too far from the sky and ruin his chances at winning. At least it was becoming more interesting? Ilaria snorted unhappily from where she was sitting near the Earth Turtle, clearly displeased with their version of 'interesting'.

And they said you were the crooked kind, and that you'd never have any worth, but you were always gold to me
    I am Ceraaaa
    Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
    Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
    Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
    Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
    Dead men tell no tales.

Ghost grimaced as her efforts came to no avail. Her soul had been squished and shoved into the body of a semiaquatic mammal that was better in water than it was in the air. Her mind struggled to come to terms with the odd transformation, constantly she looked for the power and breadth of her usual wingspan that just wasn't there anymore. It was a strange feeling that was hard to describe and the banshee hoped this was only temporary.

After all, she preferred to stalk the shadows rather than waddle through them.

Her encouraging thoughts appeared to have only hindered her efforts too as the bizarre pack of platypuses sped ahead of her and she fell behind once again. The banshee stifled a sigh of defeat and did her best to find the motivation to keep trying, pushing away the disappointment and instead attempted to find the best way to fly in the new body she had been rudely thrown into.

So far, at least, she had managed to handle it well enough to get through the rings even if she was falling behind. The spy took that small encouragement and soldiered on with her gaze fixed on trying to gain ground on the pack. However, the nature of this increasingly outlandish island had something else up its sleeve. A storm of a unique kind rolled in and frogs rained down in various colours from the sky to unleash an amphibian attack on the flying platypuses. Their slimy bodies made Ghost want to shiver in disgust and the spy tried her best to navigate her strange new body away from the oncoming frogs, hoping her multitasking ability was up to the job of both dodging, ring navigation and speeding up.

A floating island with frog storms had not been part of Ghosts life plans nor had she even managed to dream something up remotely close to this. It was hard enough to see past the absurdity never mind try to dodge them. Yet, try she did.

Now and then she could feel the gooey cling of a brightly coloured frog and her eyes would tighten in revulsion as she tried to lift herself for the next ring without taking too many freeloading amphibians with her.

Let the heat of the sun
    Reignite your memory
    Because if we just turn and run
    Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
    ❚ Please tag me!
    ❚ Pixel by Nyte

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
    Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
    Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
    Sohalia

The transformation was awkward and graceless, leaving her laboring to keep up with the others. She did not struggle, precisely - she managed to keep herself aloft and continue to move in the same direction as all the others - but she was slow, too slow. Panic rose in her throat, not because she feared falling, but because she had always been lithe and graceful, and how was she to avoid any incoming threats in her current predicament? Her instinct told her that the gods would not allow anything to come between the competitors and the race, but she also knew that she had been wrong before. Surely, surely, she was simply adjusting poorly to the change and not actually in danger?

Astraeus fluttered nearby, hovering anxiously as he tried to process the fear in his bonded. He flew forward for only a few yards before circling around again, as though encouraging her onward; and with his guidance, she began to feel more confident. Her tiny wings flapped more forcefully, her oddly furred body moved less cautiously forward. Her progress was still small - the others still seemed to pull further and further ahead - but at least she was moving forward, albeit slowly.

The next ring loomed ahead, and as she neared, she was emboldened by the pureness of its beauty. Fireflies hovered in a perfect circle, their glow enhanced by either the magical surroundings or the gods' magics. Never had she seen their light so steady, and for a moment, it entranced her. Still, she did not slow as she passed through them, though she did spare them a passing glance before she looked forward again, equally disheartened by the space between herself and the others and excited by her newfound confidence in this new (though hopefully not permanent) body.

"Talk talk talk."
    @[name]

Sohalia
    Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
    Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
    Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
    Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Rei Posts: 140
    Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei shouted in exhilaration, or she supposed it was a shout-like sound that passed through her bill. Sounds came out sounded gargled in this odd body she had found herself in.

A few of her fellow pegasus-turned odd creature comrades had fallen behind in the confusion of their transformed bodies. Although she missed their company Rei kept her focus forward. She could hear those remaining making their way forward. They all surged forward through the rings of fireflies that she imagined to be shouting words of encouragement to those who passed through them in their own quiet little language. She smiled at them as she passed through their midst.

As she pushed her way forward Rei felt a growing sense of accomplishment. She, with the others, was beginning to master her new strange body. For that reason she knew that she would still be delighted even if the race ended for her right then and there.

A chuckle of disbelief made its way past her lips as she watched multicolored frogs rain from the sky. They landed on the heads, backs, and paddle tails of those involved in the race.

"Please little frogs," her garbled voice was further muffled by a frog small enough to land on her bill. "Don't knock me out of this." She quickly glanced at the little creature; the pegasus in a strange body and an oddly colored frog looked at each other eye to eye making what she hoped was a wordless agreement. "Staying for a ride? We might just win this!"

With her vibrantly colored passenger resting on her bill Rei moved towards the next ring of fireflies hoping that the glowing insects would be safe from the array of free-falling frogs. Occasionally glancing at her new friend she tried to judge his reaction towards his surroundings. Whenever he acted uncomfortable in a certain position she would move assuming that another frog was falling towards her.
    x - x
    Magic usage is okay.
    Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
    I am also okay with being tagged.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::
    Character Name || Roll

Arvakl || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
    Aurelia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
    Ghost || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
    Africa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
    Cera || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
    Sohalia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
    Satanic Silk || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
    Midas || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
    Elsa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
    Rei || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
    Cirrus || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)

Helovian Ancient
    Admin notation | Character Name | Event

-3 | Arvakl | The gods do not smile kindly on Arvakl's rage in their fun game. They winds seem to blow against her as she loses TWO PLACES.

0 | Aurelia | Aurelia is hit by one of Elsa's frogs, throwing her off course. She loses TWO PLACES.

-1 | Ghost | Slow and steady, Ghost's ability to multitask helps her move forward. She gains TWO PLACES.

+2 | Africa | Dodging the frogs may have helped, except that Africa is also hit by one of the frogs that are flung about by Elsa. She remains in the same position.

+2 | Cera | Cera has used his intelligence to his advantage and it pays off. He gains ONE PLACE.

-4 | Sohalia | Poor Sohalia. Though loved by the gods, it seems her platypus body is slower than the rest. She loses TWO PLACES.

+1 | Satanic Silk | Satanic Silk's beats the frogs away with his bill, clearing the way for him to sail forward. He gains ONE PLACE.

+1 | Midas Midas does well to save his companion from what might have been a multi-colored dinner. He saves Fina but loses TWO PLACES.

0 | Elsa | Trying to fling the frogs about is a distraction in and of itself. Elsa loses ONE PLACE.

+3 | Rei | Perhaps the frog that has landed on her bill is lucky. Rei remains in the same position but stays ahead of the rest.

0 | Cirrus | Though she weaves with great agility, the movements cause Cirrus to slow slightly. She loses ONE PLACE.

As the last of the pegasi pass through the final ring, the amphibian rain stops and the Helovians transform back to their original, winged forms. They will be able to return to land on hooves and long legs, rather than with webbed toes. The gods smile upon them with bright rays of sunshine and a swirl of cherry blossoms to commemorate the race.

"Congratulations to all of the contestants!" The frog cries as they come across the finish line. In a photo finish, he determines that second place has gone to Africa.

In first place... REI
    In second place... AFRICA
    In third place... CERA

Helovian Ancient
    Since there was a tie for second, a dice roll will determine who won the photo finish!!

1d6 will be rolled. Odd = Cera, Even = Africa.

1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)

Results will be noted above.