the Rift

:: Pegasus Flying Race ::

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Character Name || Roll

Parelia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
Nasreen || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Arvakl || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Amara || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Gull || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Aurelia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Destry || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Bellona || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Ghost || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Africa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Cera || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Sohalia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
Satanic Silk || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
Andromeda || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Midas || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Elsa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Hector || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Rei || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Cirrus || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Admin notation | Character Name | Event

0 | Parelia | Maintains her position! Nothing happens, good or bad.

x | Nasreen | Is knocked off balance by Aurelia's fire back and does not make it through a ring! She is eliminated.

+1 | Arvakl | Uses Aurelia's flame magic to his advantage, causing him to soar higher and faster. She advances ONE PLACE

+2 | Amara | Is also caught in the heat waves of Aurelia's flame, but she advances TWO PLACES

x | Gull | Bellona's earsplitting scream catches him off guard, and he misses a ring. He is eliminated.

0 | Aurelia | Aurelia may have caused some destruction, but she remains in her initial place.

x | Destry | Unfortunately, Aurelia's flames did cause her distress. Destry avoided a fire, but also missed a ring. She is eliminated.

x | Bellona | The uttered scream bounces off of the wind ahead, altering her hearing. Bellona spins out of control and misses a ring. She is eliminated.

-1 | Ghost | While narrowly avoiding flame and screaming, Ghost plays it safe but loses ONE PLACE

+2 | Africa | Africa's transformation has helped! She gains TWO PLACES

+1 | Cera | Cera, flying on the stream of Africa's powerful wing, gains ONE PLACE

0 | Sohalia | Sohalia plays it safe and avoids considerable drama, but she remains in the SAME PLACE

0 | Satanic Silk | Satanic Silk also stays in the same place, unable to navigate the path of bodies fast enough in the start

x | Andromeda | Distracted by watching Africa, Andromeda hits a rogue slipstream and is pushed away from the ring, not making it through. She is eliminated.

+1 | Midas Ever resolute, Midas works hard to gain ONE PLACE

-1 | Elsa | Caught in the wings of others and a headwind, Elsa barely makes it through the ring, but she loses ONE PLACE

x | Hector | Hector's flying skills are excellent, but he is no match for the sudden headwind, pushing down on his body. He misses a ring and is eliminated.

+1 | Rei | The newcomer Rei, manages to slip through the crowd, a tail wind aiding her in advancing ONE PLACE

+2 | Cirrus | The spirit of Sitka aided Cirrus this time. A noble wind pushes her forward TWO PLACES

OH NO! What is this! Suddenly, a transformation begins to take shape among all the remaining participants. Where there were once hooves, there were now, weird paddles. Mouths were replaced with bills. Skin was replaced with waterproof hide of spots. All of them shrunken with little pudgy wings.

They were, all of them, wild, flying platypuss!

Round two begins here for those who were not eliminated!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The flames that furiously lick my body disappear, leaving the thick stench of smoke in my wake. I pass through the floating ring, feeling the joy of not being knocked out by strong currents of wind or others magic. I look around, seeing that Des did not go through the hoop. Was that my fault? I see a few others get eliminated, but I also notice many have passed me. I am towards the back of the pack, and I flap my wings harder, trying to best the horses right in front of me, but something else grabs my attention.

My body begins shrinking, and I'm afraid that I'm loosing my wings and becoming something hideous. I gaze to the ground, seeing how far the drop is, I begin furiously flapping my wings. I glance at the tips of my downy appendages, seeing them shrink and shrink. My hooves melt away into ugly duck feet. I make a strange growling noise instead of being able to speak, but the sound that comes out of my morphing face does not surprise me as much as my wings growing smaller does. I notice the others turning into the same thing as me.

What the fuck are we? This animal we have turned into, it looks like some strange duck dog hybrid thing. My wings are still white, but have become extremely small and ineffective. I roll my now black, beady, eyes and continue on. Surely a little transformation couldn't harm anyone?

My gaze locks onto the hoop in the distance, and I use all my muscle and fly towards it. My body is almost too heavy for my wings, but I continue, wanting to win this for Destry (who just got eliminated). My mate, my love, Destry. I shall win this for her.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Arvakl
To my great pleasure, several of those gathered have been eliminated - even without me taking a bite out of them! A smirk lights up my face, and I manage to pass several of the participants. I've managed to use the fire magic of the golden girl to get ahead, the heat helps me move forward by lifting and rising under my wings. A cackle slips past my lips. There are a few that are nearby, and fewer still that are in front of me. One I recognize - Surrie. Of course I am sure that is not her real name but what else do I know for her? Lady of the sky.

But something has happened. My wings... they're gone. My hooves. Gone. My body... what the fuck am I? I cry out in a panic. What the hell is going on! I look around me and see I am not the only one who is suddenly.. not equine. Not even close. I don't know what sort of thing I am but I am furry, I have paddles for feet, and a bill. A strange honky sound comes out from this bill of mine. The Gods seem to be having a bit of fun at our expense. My eyes are glaring, but there is no one to receive my anger at this embarrassing predicament. Somehow, though, we are still floating and moving in the sky. If I can just win this I'll show them all! I focus on the next ring, bright and golden in the sky. The ring is big, and after being transformed we are much smaller, and I think it may be easier to get through the ring without colliding to everyone. Fingers - paddles - crossed!

Walk. Talk.

I'm so FANCY
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk
Not so successful as some of my peers I see. Though my wings are very large and excellent at catching air in their leathery expanse, I have not been as skilled (or lucky) as my fellows. So many have gathered - perhaps I could count if I stopped - that I am unable to get past enough of them. Like a racehorse trying to find a hole in the pack, I'm just looking for that break, that opportunity. But it isn't given to me, and I'm getting the mud kicked up in my face. No, I won't be spotless when we're done - no wire to wire for me. A sigh slips past my.... bill. Oh shit. Oooohhh shit. Panic rises inside me and I flap my... paddle feet. Are you fucking kidding me? Who the fuck thinks this is funny? I don't know what I am but I'm not pleased and fuck whomever did this. But I'm competitive. I want to win this race, not lose because I'm some stupid not-a-pegasus. My bill does not let me snarl but you bet I want to. Others fly past me, as furry creatures paddling through the air, and I hope that maybe because we've been downsized I may be able to get past them. We're smaller - so there must be holes where they were once bodies! Aurelia and Parelia - wait.. have their names always been that similar? - are around the same place as myself in this race, plus one I'm unfamiliar with. A strange hybrid is just in front with her once-pink wings. Midas is there.. and in front of them, my beloved Africa. Well, I want to win, but I would rather my true love win than anyone else. If I must be beat, let it be Africa that beats me. I focus in on the ring up ahead. I think I can I think I can I think I can.... Who knows how many more rings there will be, but if I can just get through this next one at least I'll be that much closer.

Walk. Talk.

hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Hector, my dear brother, is among those in the line. He is able to find me during the start, a brief smile tugging at crimson lips and sparkling in those eyes, I returned that smile as his hot musk kissed a feverous path along my trembling arch. Neck bent, answering the intimate gesture with warmth, “And mine.” I whisper. We’d raced together once before, but I’d not get long to palaver about things that had passed. This glory run had begun.

Breath came quickly, gasping from my chest with strong huffs as we struggled to climb. Fina lead the way, her body reaching elevation higher and swifter than mine. She chortled a little encouragement; wind tugged at my lips, spreading them further apart to reveal a clean row of teeth. The heat of competition raced our heartbeats and blood, but various competitors had already fallen from the pack before we’d hardly made it through one ring. I glided forward as the arching circle neared, frame slipped past the fireflies with both appendages tucking momentarily, attempting to not disrupt the hoop with the wake of wind. Warm thermals eased my transition. The race had hardly begun.

I couldn’t see Hector anymore, nor Ghost or Parelia. I assumed they were traveling in the rear. Possibly waiting for a chance to climb upward. There were still plenty of bodies around me, Cera for one. Fina soared toward his position, gliding higher than most other equines and chirping playfully from heaven. I glanced his way and grinned, hoping that the patched boy would turn a favorable smile toward me.

Africa was far ahead, her lean body able to catch wind streams much easier than this bulky species.

My wings thumped hard, the long feathers on each appendages were strong and well suited for flight. Muscles, honed from years of skytravel, responded smoothly.

The next hoop drew near, I turned gaze and full attention back to the group in front. I thrust hard once and felt a shift in the amount of air that was traveling beneath and around my feathers. Muzzle shifted left to the side, turning one curious eye to gaze beyond the curve of flesh and regard my left appendage for previously unnoticed damage or missing feather. Then there was a tingling below my knees.

The phoenix felt the sudden distress in our bond and came over instantly, I frantically turned eyes down. Untucking patched limbs to thrash heaven and witness the emergence of…fins?

A cross between dragon claws and fish flappers, my sharp and well-formed daggers had changed into useless webbed toes. Mouth had slipped apart, eyes wide and completely horrified by this sudden development. Muzzle began to tingle as well, I shook it back and forth. Swaying in the air like an awkward buffoon.

“Midas!” Fina shrieked into my mind, “calm down!” her yelling did little to stop my swaying and violent trembling that had suddenly shuttered this flesh. A duck beak sprouted forth; where once had been soft ebony flesh now stood a creamy pale scoop. I balked and slowed. The feathers I’d been momentary admiring shrank from easy view.

Panic and real fear ignited, coursing rapidly until the sounds of all the other racers become a faint hum in my ears, a frantic whinny slipped past my clinched li – beak. “For the love of…” The tingling stopped all at once; I hadn’t fallen from the sky. Those tiny feathered limbs were somehow still able to hold this body up. Insulating hair had shifted into a thicker hide with strange splotches. Fina was levitating just ahead and above, watching my sudden change and that of the other contestants. She was grinning of all things, I shot her a revolting look.

It was in that moment I realized that we were in good company. Dozens, nay, all the others were undergoing a change very similar to mine. I struggled to move my rather useless wings and creep our position forward. The initial shock slowly wore off enough for me to begin steadily moving again. Fina soared back over to check on Cera and few of our other kinsman. I watched them through brief snapshot images she sent me – not daring to turn head for fear that those tiny appendages might actually give way and I’d become a puddle of limbless, lifeless muck on the rocks below. That image made me cringe and shiver uncontrollably.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
She is darting, moving, and overall flailing about. Elsa watches Midas, how easily he just maneuvers through. Some had already fallen out of the sky, distractions... it was so hard to concentrate! Especially with a blind eye turned, wings fluttered about and smacked her. Elsa flailed, but somehow kept on. She hits the ring but makes it through, she sighs, straightening herself out to hear Hector fall behind. Great, now she feels as if she's in the back of the pack, and she is.

She will not let this one thing keep her from winning... so, what to do, what to do? She flapped on still, trying to catch up but keeping toward the back. All of a sudden, she started feeling a little funny. Her eyes were suddenly staring down a large, dark brown... bill? She look back and suddenly she now has fur. Going down and there are little... tiny... flippers. Her eye widens and at a forward glance, suddenly everyone is a tiny flying platypie. Elsa squeals, and tries to move forward but now seems like a good time to act.

Looking forward she notices another platypus, they were all so uniform now, and attacks. She puts frost forward, unknowingly attempting to put ice on the tiny wings of Aurelia. Maybe it'll make the platypus fall behind, and maybe not, now it was all up to fate. As Elsa approached the next ring, she aimed and attempted to fire. Hopefully, this ring-fly would be a lot smooth than that of the previous attempt. She couldn't afford another wing bruise, people might start worrying that the Falls are some weird people if everyone returned with a bruise. Oh well, all in a days work right?

Little miss Elsa, you are trying to get yourself killed aren't you?

[ooc; elsa uses her magic randomly and is trying to freeze Aurelia's wings.]

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Of the familiar souls gathered round a pale smiling face comes into view, and soon he is blanketed by his Sultanas. Cera smiled at Sohalia, once his mentor and now his leader, pleased to see her as well. "It is lovely to see you as well, Sohalia," he cooed happily. In moments he sees the others gather, and among them he finds his father. Conflicted emotions wreak havoc in his chest, their last parting not entirely amiable. It hurt to know his father was still unaware of the greatest achievement Cera had made, had not been present when Cera had become Diviner. He is distracted almost immediately; there is chaos at the starting line as the call rings out to begin, and Cera's emeralds widen at the sight of magical explosions and sudden disasters swiping so many from the race. They are all relatively unharmed even when discarded from various circumstances, but his fear for the two Sultanas eradicates all pleasure-based intents of participation.

Flying close to Africa while keeping an eye on Sohalia, the youth had already intended to help the pair along but it seemed he should be more worried about keeping them in the race at all. Though he was definitely a more natural worrier than most, and likely was overthinking the possible damage that could be inflicted. Why others were using magic was beyond him, it was a simple race, why did it matter who truly won? To cheat and try to take advantage by pushing others back was plainly idiotic in his mind, but he didn't have any abilities to aid him so it wasn't as if he could compare much.

Drifting between Sohalia and Africa, his gaze was momentarily drawn to where Midas was, spotting a smile directed his way. Pale lips curled upwards to return the sentiment, for at least that was wordless. The sudden flicker of his vision called for a moment of panic that Ilaria quickly intervened in, even from her position on the ground. Earth Turtle would never harm, she reassured until Cera allowed the shift of bones and change of physicality to occur naturally. He had no idea what he was, but looking out through beady eyes he couldn't help but laugh at their appearances good-naturedly. At least the race was going to be kept interesting.

And they said you were the crooked kind, and that you'd never have any worth, but you were always gold to me
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

They tell me I’m too young to understand
They say I’m caught up in a dream

Dragon's Throat Sultana

She was not unfamiliar with the concept of fitting out a different species’ body to that she’d been born with, but when she had passed boldly through the shining metal ring, something rather astonishing happened.

Africa gasped, hesitating mid air, if only for a split second.

Her body changed suddenly, without the twisting and grinding she was so well accustomed to. The feathers clothing her parrot body dissolved, and those adoring shrunken, pudgy wings turned speckled-brown; layers of fur returned to insulate her skin from the cool wind so high, and it too was a sleek, spotted hue. Moved to squawk her alarm, she found only a low hiss escaped- and that her hooked grey beak had been replaced with the bill of a duck. The transformation was not completed mind due, and before her shock faded enough to continue, four paddle-appendages sprouted from her dwarf, mammal shoulders. The creature shook herself bemusedly, wriggling to try to work out just how such a thing might move!

Arms and legs began to swim as though water were the course, and the stout wings above fluttered awkwardly as they tried to pull forward her unusual bulk. Ahead she could see the dark outline of competitors also changed, and couldn’t help the humoured smile flash through her eyes. Silas couldn’t see the funny side of her situation and swung helplessly around her, confused, nearly panicked. What happened? he cried through their bond. But she laughed, unhurt, and soothed his frayed nerves. All is well Silas, don’t fret. Africa was progressing to a small extent more rapidly by then, her technique improving as she concentrated her efforts conscientiously. Now focus friend, use your magic to slow them- to pause time!

The flailing Roc settled somewhat, and caught the untroubled glint of in her still sallow-hued eye. His heart’s pace began to calm, and his wings beat slower and slower until the participants in view ahead suddenly seemed to pause in place. Africa gained ground faster then it seemed, but not for her new form’s adeptness in flight, and she glanced vaguely at another platypus as she puddled along. Pulling her eyes reluctantly from her neighbour’s comical appearance, she saw up ahead the target gold-ring and pushed forward her squat shoulders as the Zephyr’s magic began to wear thin. She passed another before those around her began again to move normally, but this time she was focused on the goal.

Perhaps to those she passed by, she might have appeared only as streaking light, Africa did not care. She was just grateful for companion’s ability to control time, and expressed it warmly and affectionately through their minds.

[Ooc: I hope this use of his magic is acceptable]

Eagle by :: Jassy2012@dA

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The sky erupted in an explosion of multicolored wings and the angel let out a squeal of pure euphoria. She cared little for the majority of those with whom she rose towards the sun, but for Cera and Africa, she reserved a gleaming grin. They had been a part of her life for so long now that she could no longer imagine being without their company. Even if they did not spend as much time together as she would prefer, she knew it was because their duties called them away. Eventually, they would all come together again in their mutual friendship and worship of the Sun.

As they spiraled into the deep blue of the sky toward the first ring, she found herself in the middle of the pack. She could see her two comrades ahead and felt a surge of pride at their prowess. Africa, she knew, had worked very hard to gain some ability to fly again after her ordeal, and to see her do so well made the dove's heart swell with joy. She herself was in a decent position, and as being a front-runner had not been one of her primary goals, she found herself quite content.

Suddenly, she felt a surge of tingling, beginning at her nose and flowing through her body to her hooves. Everything felt wrong, and yet it didn't, and it confused her because it was her body, but it wasn't, and what in the world is happening? Atraeus crooned softly, sending comforting sensations to her, and she struggled to stay calm as he sent an image of herself through their bond. Seeing herself through his eyes only served to show her the strangeness that she was feeling. An odd beak, weird paddling feet and strangely shrunken wings. Luckily, she remained aloft.

The only way to go was forward. Shoving her discomfort into the recesses of her mind, she pressed on with a great deal of fearful determination, striving to reach the next ring.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
I seem to fly amongst them, unnoticed - perhaps it is my pelt, my camouflage, that hides me from their sights, or perhaps they simply do not wish to see me, to acknowledge me. Perhaps they are simply too focussed on their race, or perhaps they do not wish me to exist any more. The thoughts cloud my mind, they darken it to a place I was more than familiar with -one of self-hate, self-loathing and the denial of all things that might be joyous in my life. So easily and quickly had I slipped from the happy, life-embracing creature who participated in this race, so swiftly I had thrown that away to fall into my dark, lonely world of exile - and why?

All because they did not see me.

I hear a howl, though I know it is impossible, I know it is you. The song fills my heart - and I realise it is not a true howl at all, but you, within me, filling the fracture within me with yourself, filling it and so filling me with life. I sing again, that joyful song, clinging to you and your memory with hope and determination that I would not lose you again - and I surge forth, seeing myself overtake many an adversary, darting through the first ring with clipped ease and skill, as if I were born to do this, and nothing else.

The joy carries me onwards, and as I glance to the others who join in the race (and triumphantly watch others fall to elimination), I notice something change about them. Their bodies seem to shimmer, to distort - and then I feel it across my own skin. It is not unlike the sensation of having clouds crawl across your hide, which I experience every waking moment of my life, only it is deeper, making changes that are far larger than that of a simple hue change of one's fur. I feel my bones click and contract, my tail flatten and shorten, my nose press and my nostrils gasp for air as suddenly everything becomes strangely misshapen.

What the devil had I become?

I blink, my cerulean eyes small and beady, looking and seeing that others had also changed - I could only assume I was the same variety of duck and beaver body parts thrown together, flying haphazardly through the course laid before us. My wings beat furiously - I sorely miss my expansive, generous wingspan now - my tail scooping up what wind it can as my feet push me forever forward. I try to summon my wind, to remember the feeling of your soul within me, to control that which I have never fully grasped control of for as long as I can remember, and encourage it to fill my diminutive wingspan, to propel my body forth and past all the others. But would it work?

Cirrus is attempting to use her magic to summon a breeze that helps push her further forward.
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Rei Posts: 140
    Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei's eyes widened as she watched those in front of her turn into awkward creatures that resembled something straight out of a children's tall tale. Duck bills sprouted from small fur covered bodies. Where powerful legs once were instead flipper like appendages flapped in the wind. She lost any remaining composure that she may have had left whenever her line of sight settled on their new stubby little wings. Good humored laughter bubbled from her throat.

Surging forward she delicately tried to make her way past the openings made by the shrunken bodies. In her haste at such a golden opportunity she hadn't taken notice to the fur that was beginning to replace her own spotted coat, her eyes crossed as she observed the bill that sprouted from her own face. Soon after Rei too was a flying --thing.

It was exciting, she prayed that she wouldn't find herself permanently in such a state, but the thought was drowned out by the adrenaline that rushed through her veins. This race challenged her as no other ever had. The incredible strangeness of it only led to her being more determined to win. Wouldn't this be a story to tell!

Rei angled her strange tail and paddled her webbed feet in order to steer her new body towards the next circle of fireflies; did they too laugh at the strange creatures struggling to get past each other?

Magic usage is okay.
    Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
    I am also okay with being tagged.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
    Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
    Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
    Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
    Dead men tell no tales.

As the race began and events slowly unfolded, Ghost had a chance to take a glimpse at familiar faces that filled the crowd that had set off on this strange mission. She returned the nod in kind to the Mason Elsa and noted the presence of her own Czar, Midas the Gallant. It would be interesting to watch how her herd mates would fare in such a strange event and the banshee felt herself warming a little more to the task ahead of her.

The mass of bodies was hard to see through and magic was alive in the air. Ghost grimaced as she tried her best to keep her concentration, dark eyes trained to the loops that were set out before them. If she could make it to the end of this trial without being forced to quit, the spy would be very content! Although usually filled with quiet confidence, Ghost approached this race with caution, the open air with little shelter played on her paranoid mind. She tried her best to keep her distance from most, even her own herd mates whom she could not locate anymore anyway, there was something unnerving about being wide open for all to see.

The raced powered on, however, and the field was cut of a few participants with the space around them becoming a little more easier to navigate. Ghost made it through the ring but only just! Conjured flames threatened to lick her coat and take her out completely, her nimble body managing enough to narrowly escape. Her heart was now beating that bit more faster and her thoughts were now thoroughly rattled.

She sped through the wing with the intent to try make ground that she had lost, the pack almost seeming to move away from her, but something else was at work here. Ghost sucked in a sharp breath as the force from her wings almost seemed to disappear... They had shrunk?! That wasn't all, her hide had changed properties, her mouth was a strange shape and her beloved cloven hooves had turned into something more suited for a day in the water. She grit her teeth whilst wondering if this was some dream?! Or a trick of a Gods doing? Was she going to be a platypus forever?! The latter question was the most unnerving and Ghost battled both her own thoughts as well as the other competitors, who seemed to have suffered the same bizarre fate.

Never again would Ghost take her own wings for granted, the small, pudgy appendages were pathetic in comparison to her glorious red tipped feathers. Yet, the race thundered on and the spy trained her eyes to the next ring with the intent on trying her hardest to not only get through it, but to be the best platypus of them all!

Let the heat of the sun
    Reignite your memory
    Because if we just turn and run
    Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
    ❚ Please tag me!
    ❚ Pixel by Nyte

Amara Posts: 136
    Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
    i won't be saved

i watch from the corners of my eyes, others falling back and losing their places in the race. two mares are ignited with flames that flicker hungrily, one of which my magic did not affect. beating my wings with muscles tense, i realize i've gained two places, soaring neck and neck with a few others, making me quite anxious, i however try to contain my energy, conserving it for a final burst to send me to victory. from below i can hear sameira's faint howls as she cheers me on, her howl growing fainter as i fly on.

unexpectedly the world grows larger, as it was when i was younger, a world too large for me to handle. my wings become strange appendages, things that do not belong. all around me the familiar equines that i flew besides have become strange, abnormal creatures. bills on our faces, beady eyes, smooth wings that do not allow flight. flapping manically, we are odd creatures desperate to stay in the air.

squirming in the air, smooth wings slapping against my sides, i feel myself dropping further, panicking. i notice that a creature that was once a roaned mare of blue beside me, trying to use what i can to near her, assuming she has wind magic seeing as how she burst forward to reach the ranks beside me (it was something i kind of just guessed as it seemed like a gust had carried her forward). i can hear a gentle coo, mother's voice becoming apparent. i begin to mumble to myself, not really meaning to do it. "you've got this—" some gentle and reassuring presence whom i assume to be mother approves, nudging me forward mentally, giving me a little push. i try to throw myself forward, struggling to raise myself in preparation for the next ring.

-please note amara is only assuming that cirrus has wind magic as she noticed her kind of being pushed forward by a mysterious force she assumed to be magic so-

tries to catch a gust of cirrus's magic hoping it will help her

Helovian Ancient
    Character Name || Roll

Parelia || eliminated
    Arvakl || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
    Amara || eliminated
    Aurelia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
    Ghost || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
    Africa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
    Cera || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
    Sohalia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
    Satanic Silk || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
    Midas || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
    Elsa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
    Rei || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
    Cirrus || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)

Helovian Ancient
    Admin notation | Character Name | Event

x | Parelia | It seems Parelia has flown off course in the confusion of her transformation and she is ELIMINATED.

-1 | Arvakl | Arvakl is distracted by her transformation and though she tries to focus, her small body is slow as it flies. She loses TWO PLACES.

x | Amara | Cirrus' wind magic that Amara has been admiring blows her off course. She is ELIMINATED.

+2 | Aurelia | Aurelia's determination to win for Destry spurs her forward. She gains TWO PLACES.

-3 | Ghost | While she is determined to be the best platypus, Ghost's desire to remain apart from the rest of the back hinders her. She loses TWO PLACES.

+2 | Africa | Despite Silas' magic use, Aurelia's position is as steady as her mind. She remains in the same position.

+1| Cera | Cera's distraction- thinking about others' use of magic and trying to stay near Africa- does not help him in this race. He remains in the same position.

-2 | Sohalia | Perhaps by accident, it seems that Silas' magic has effected her most strongly. She loses TWO PLACES.

0 | Satanic Silk | Satanic Silk's panic and determination cancel one another out. He remains in the same position.

+3 | Midas Even in his panic, Fina's calm mind helps Midas forward. He gains TWO PLACES.

+1 | Elsa | Elsa's magic does not freeze Aurelia, but it does have the strange effect of making the air easier for Elsa's platypus body to fly through. She gains TWO PLACES.

+3 | Rei | Rei's good natured response to her transformation helps her move forward. She gains TWO PLACES.

+1 | Cirrus | The wind that Cirrus conjures freezes as Elsa's magic blows forward. She loses ONE PLACE.

The gods, seemingly amused by the pegasi's transformation into the strange creatures, do not let them return to normality. They remain platypus, to continue their strange flight through the air. Instead, the sky begins to rain. But it does not rain water. From the clouds, slimy frogs in a rainbow of colors fall from the air, seemingly determined to drive the contestants off course.

Round three begins here for those who were not eliminated!

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
    Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
    Satanic Silk
    This race is not going in my favor. Though I fly onward, keeping pace with the rest of the group, I am unable to pull ahead. My panic at the transformation that took place for all of us distracted me, clearly. I try to snort in annoyance, but instead some weird honking sound comes out. Well damn it. I see others move past me, but it is hard to recognize them in this strange form. I had hoped that as we moved through the second hoop that the Gods might have taken pity on us and returned us to our normal form. To no such luck it would appear. I flap my pudgy wings as hard as I can, trying to gain speed in this thin air. My body is not suited to flying in air, I can only think that perhaps whatever I am is more suited to water, and I wish that I could summon the sea to swim through. Again, no such luck. It's a fate to endure, like it or not. As paddle through the air in an attempt to assist my wings, I wonder if maybe I could grab someone's tail or paddle-foot and pull them back. That wouldn't really be playing fair, but then, who cares much for fair? I could have sworn I saw some magic flying back and forth earlier... Oh, if only I'd completed my quest! But I am still searching for someone to shock me so that I can retain their magic in my Sun amulet. The timing simply doesn't work in my favor. I see one body nearby me, just in front. I don't know her name, but her pudgy body seems to reflect the sun and sky. I snap my bill at one of her feet, hoping to pull her back. If I can get ahead of just one of these things then maybe I'll stand a better chance! Up ahead I see Africa, or at least I think that's her, and I hope against hope that perhaps she can win this. She has more favor with the Gods than I - perhaps they will assist her!

Just as I pass through, frogs begin to rain from the sky. That's right, frogs. My astonishment must be equal to those flying around me - I have serious doubts that anyone could take this calmly! I snap at them with my bill, and try to smack them with my pudgy wings. I will never like frogs again if they knock me from the sky, goddamnit. The Gods really are having a go at us, aren't they? I wonder which one in particular is enjoying this the most. The Earth Turtle is the one starting and ending the race, but does that mean that he and/or the Earth God is the one taking pleasure from this? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, I'm sure it is much more fun to watch than it is to participate in it!

Walk. Talk.

hungry for life
    Image Credit
    [Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Arvakl Posts: 66
    Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
    Lauren
    Arvakl
    To my greatest, GREATEST outrage, I see other stupid fat things fly past me. Are you fucking kidding me?! I wish desperately that I had my teeth so that I may bite the shit out of these fuckers, but the form I'm in now leaves me effectively harmless. My eyes flash with fury. Oh if I had my antlers or any sort of magic! I shake my head and find that I do have my antlers! Except they're little stubby things, like a baby deer might have. Instead of being impressive or dangerous, they're the kind of things you'd look at and say, "Awww, how adorable!" I swear if anyone even THINKS of saying that about me... No, the only way I can get vengeance on this whole.. shit storm... is by winning. No more Miss Nice Pudgy. I've fallen behind and I'm going to prove everyone that in the back of the pack is not where I belong. I belong in the front, front and center. I open my bill and start snapping at every creature I can reach, moving side to side in the air and trying to slam their bodies out of synch. SNAP! SNAP! Trying to grab feet and grab butts and wings. Fall from the sky for all I care, if the Gods really care they'll keep you safe. I flap my wings harder, a little faster, trying to gain the ground that I have lost. I will win this god fucking damnit!!! I toss my angry little head, determined to kick some ass.

But what surprises me next is something I could not have even predicted in my wildest dreams. From the sky fall not raindrops or snow, but... frogs. Frogs are falling from the sky. I let out the squawk of the beasts that we are and try to dodge them, afraid they may knock ME from the sky. Is this frog abuse! HMPH. I won't let them stop me, but I can't say that my life is being made any easier. I can't see very well through their plummeting, fleshy bodies, but I think I'm moving to the next hoop. A few several flaps of the pudgy wings later, and I pass through the golden ring in the sky. Well thank jesus for that.

Walk. Talk.

OOC: Princess is angry...
    EDIT: I COMPLETELY forgot the frogs, so my edit is the part about the frogs. *dumb*
    I'm so FANCY
    Image Credit
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
    World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
    Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
    Quite contrary to popular belief, Elsa has terrible aim. Even with being a "born and raised" magic girl, she still can't hit a moving target. The air whooshes, and cools. She squeals a little, the juxtaposition of the cool air on this hot, hot day caught her off guard. However, it seemed to push her into action. Stubby wings are pounding at a fast rate, but easily and gently glide her through the rings, leaving her unharmed, and still very much alive. She giggled, and focused forward. Though still stubby winged, beaked and overall completely bizarre looking, Elsa believed she could do it. She seemed to have passed up a few, and her confidence began to return. She could do this!

Then, as if they were laughing, the gods deemed it fit to rain frogs. Rainbows, everywhere, whirred past her vision, one bonking her on the head. She growled, what was the point of this?! Was being a flying, confused reptile mammal thing not good enough? She sighed, and a thought crossed her mind. Why not use this to her advantage? Whipping her bad side of her head, she attempted to hit a frog and send it flying towards nearby competitors. She laughed, maybe this would finally thin out the crowd!

As Elsa neared the ring, she was ready! She would not loose, and would return home the best flier in all of Helovia! What a feat it would be in light of the previous events, she could finally be proud of herself again! With a gleam in her eye and a smile on her face, she flew on.

[ooc;// Elsa is trying to whack frogs at others using her face.]
    "Talking"
    Elsa
    • Any force can be used against Elsa.
    • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Aurelia Posts: 307
    Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    baylee
    As soon as all the competitors begin passing through the hoop, my body swells with more confusion. The sky grows dots of green and I fear, at first, that an acidic rain will wash over us. As the dots grow nearer, I realize that they are not huge raindrops of acid, but instead, frogs. I watch how the other competitors deal with the frogs. One platypus is whacking frogs at everyone. At first, my thought is to avoid them, but then I realize that they will fall to the ground and die. This make me crestfallen, so I surge forward and allow one frog to fall onto my back, but it bounces off, unable to latch onto my platypus fur. I flap my pudgy wings hard and CONTINUE forwards. Another frog hits me, but slides off after a moment or two. The sliding around on my back and the creepy feeling of it falling to it's death makes me lurch forward, desperately trying to get to the next hoop and have this frog torture end.

Another frog barely misses me. It lets out a loud croak as it realizes it's doom.I try shaking off the feeling of knowing these frogs are dying. The gods wouldn't let them die, right? I flap my wings and aim for the gold hoop. Remember, I'm winning this for Destry? I pretend there are no frogs and push on. How do the others handle this? I try to dodge the frogs as they splay their legs and try to hold onto something so the do not keep falling, but there is nothing for them to hold onto. They grab onto air and continue falling, fear striking their beady eyes. The hoop is so close. I realize my determination has gotten me towards the front of the pack. I notice Midas and an appaloosa pegasus are in front of me. Those are the only horses I need to beat.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.