the Rift

[OPEN] Making the rounds

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA & KHAN
Watching the obvious bond between Parelia and Penna was touching to Kahlua, as the falcon rubbed his beak against the mare’s neck to ease her through what must have been a difficult conversation. If only she had known what the bird’s look to her had truly meant. Would she have been able to explain the way that she feared chains the same way that she feared death? What had she said to Thranduil? To take her freedom was to kill her. So standing here now, looking back at the blue and seeing him tumble after her when he was not preoccupied with chewing, the queen could feel the tendrils of hell coming up to wrap around her fetlocks, to hold her close to the ground, and then pull her under. She was a pegasus without its wings, a sighthound without his eyes, a singer without her voice. Having that kind of heartbreak shoved upon her in one day… well, it was a lot to deal with.

At least Kahlua was glad that her reaching out had not offended Parelia, and that the mare had welcomed her touch with a touch of her own. And as the pair walked down the line of the shattered wall, she loved that they were sharing stories and growing closer than they had been. She had found little time to get to know some of the newer members of the Edge and she remembered her own disappointment at having been ignored by Mirage for so long. Silently, she made a note to seek out more of the residents who called this forest home.

“I’m so sorry,” she cooed softly as Parelia replied, speaking of her own parents and past. The queen knew how painful it could be to dredge up such memories, to pull them from the shadows where they were kept hidden away from the world. She thought Parelia brave for being willing to speak of it at all. And honestly, the advice was more than welcome. So she listened, because everyone’s opinion was important and though she had not asked the question allowed it seemed that the new warrior had been intuitive enough to see it on her face and give her the words she had not known she had needed.

“You’re wise,” she commented when Parelia had finished speaking, mulling over the words she had offered. “I think you must be brave, too,” she added, accepting the other’s touch and returning it slowly, thoughtfully. “You’ve opened your heart in the face of love, even though you seem to know how frightening it can be. I’ve…” she frowned, only because it was hard to admit weakness even for the painted queen. “I’ve been weak. I’ve been running from love.” From Kaj, from the little blue that followed her now. Stopping for a moment, she turned back, seeing the dragon finish the final portion of the meal he had been provided, and in that moment she tried to be brave.

Lowering her nose to the ground, she waited until he caught up to her and then allowed him to crawl up her mane and neck to her withers. When she lifted her head again, he was settled there upon her back, claws digging uncomfortably into her flesh but his weight a gentle presence. “I think I’ll call him Khan,” she admitted with a gentle upturn of her mouth, eyes looking towards Parelia’s for some sort of acceptance. It seemed so important in the moment. This was difficult for her, to open her heart to the feathered blue, but maybe it would be worth it. Then she continued to walk on, mindful of Parelia’s duties that she was interrupting in the early morning.

@[Parelia]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Making the rounds - by Parelia - 09-02-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Making the rounds - by Kahlua - 09-03-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Making the rounds - by Parelia - 09-05-2014, 04:55 AM
RE: Making the rounds - by Kahlua - 09-11-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: Making the rounds - by Parelia - 09-20-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: Making the rounds - by Kahlua - 09-26-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: Making the rounds - by Parelia - 10-09-2014, 12:58 AM
RE: Making the rounds - by Kahlua - 10-26-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: Making the rounds - by Parelia - 11-04-2014, 07:50 PM
RE: Making the rounds - by Kahlua - 11-09-2014, 10:49 PM