the Rift

[OPEN] Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

She listened, and her heart ached for the colt, for she found something in his vague story that resonated within her own heart. Was this how Skysong had felt, before she had left the Dragon's Throat? Had this youngling's mother held him so tightly that he could no longer bear her protective embrace? Was he fleeing his mother as her own daughter had once fled?

A deep, resounding sadness settled in her breast, a heaviness that she simply could not lift. Astraeus, riddled with confusion at the sudden downward shift in his bonded's thoughts, crooned softly, a background to the colt's cryptic words. Good mother, he insisted through their bond, adamant and stubborn - but he had only known her since she had grown. Her first pair of twins had been a disaster from the start, with Diniel stillborn and Skysong kept too close to heel. The dove had been weaker then, and afraid, and it had broken not only her, but her family as well. Astraeus did not - could not - possibly understand what that meant, the burden it had left within her soul.

Blythe Amaya offered her own words of encouragement, having softened her tone over the course of the meeting to become an almost pleasant presence. The angel, not one to judge by first impressions, gave her a small smile full of approval before turning her attention once more to the colt. "Sweet Adelric," she sighed, sadness evident in her orbs. "I have a daughter who, I think, went through much what you are going through now. She left my herd, left my family, left me - all without ever saying goodbye - to pursue her own interests. She hurt me, it is true - but if the price of her happiness is my pain, then I will bear it willingly. All I want in this life is for my children to be happy, and I am sure this is the case with your mother, too."

She paused to sigh again, casting her bi-colored gaze to the skies, taking a moment to blink the sudden tears away. If she could do anything, say anything, to soothe the youngling's tormented soul, she would do it. "If it is learning that you seek, come to the Dragon's Throat. You may ask for me, and I will see to it that you are given a position as a student in our Academy. The land will always have its secrets, as will its inhabitants - but perhaps, by facing them together, we will find the answers to our demons."

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Translations ::

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Blythe - 09-14-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Blythe - 09-23-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Sohalia - 09-28-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - by Blythe - 10-05-2014, 06:15 PM