the Rift

[OPEN] Paradise Valley [Throat-island thread]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

It seemed easy. It of course wouldn't be. How much information would they need to give to the other herds to convince them to lend their aid? Gaucho was foolish to think that this quest could be completed just by the might of the Throat alone ... although perhaps that's exactly what the Sun God expected of them. Gaucho began to press his teeth together as he thought. Aid from the Falls would come easily enough. Likely from the Edge too but ...

The Basin.

Looking at those assembled nearly all had voiced their thoughts in a forceful manner, yelling over one another demanding to be heard. Tandavi was soft spoken, but never would he send the girl to the North, not alone anyways. Sighing, Gaucho wished Sohalia was here. Hers was the diplomatic aspect of this role and he could really use her now. She would know what to do, knew how to speak soothingly and with poise and tact. Gaucho was learning, perhaps much slower than most, but he was. Still, his instinct was simply to barge into the snow terrain and demand an item; an unacceptable way to proceed. Soh where are you?

"Thank you." The Wildfire offered to the Sun God, stormy gaze watching as the deity moved away from the group. Gaucho had had more than enough encounters with their Lord that he didn't need his time now; he would let his herd palaver with him should they need it.

"Crafters will make a box with a lock. Items will go into box so that they not stolen while we collect others." He decreed. Then, recalling how his simple ideas had the potential to turn out rather poor, he raised his gaze to those still assembled. "That sound ... good?"

Awesome! Thank you!

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

It seems I have arrived late to the party. Ugh. I don't think I like parties all that much. I do not seem to have a purpose here at all. People are talking every which way, and I watch in stunned awe at the Pegasus with horns. He looked like Gaucho, but realer. The way his horns twisted, and the way he walked reminded me of long ago. And how new I was to this world compared to him.

I did not know who he was, but he looked older. Older than Gaucho at least. I contemplate following him. In fear that he might lash out on me, setting fire to my body with those impeccable and seemingly immortal flames. I watch as he heads toward the water. The oasis. And I want to go after him. What would be my consequence if I do? He seems higher up. More in charge than the Wildfire. I guess that was what drew my eyes to him. His aura seems strong and powerful and ageless. I wanted to know his name. Possibly befriend him.

Though I see how the others react to his words. Respectful, never demanding. So, I decide try it out, bounding over with young and thin legs, my frame felt small compared to him but that doesn't stop me. Just like it hadn't when I met Satanic Silk. I had seen him there, but did not go to speak with him. Why would I, After the tone he used with me? When I am by his side, I think of the time I met Kvothe, how we walked side by side in a quiet and non-awkward way. I like that.
Okay. So now I had a goal.

Become friends with this male, in a non-awkward way.

Easy. Just... don't be awkward. I smile up at him, and wonder if he noticed me yet. "Hello sir" I say with a dip of my head, and though I walked beside him I looked up at him as I walked, feeling the sandy ground out for rocks or dips of any kind just in case. "My name is Spice..." I don't bother saying of the Dragon's Throat because: the way he spoke with the others over there made me think that he was was highly respected, just as the Wildfire was. Gaucho lived in the herd, so this one must live with the herd as well. Or, have some affiliation to it in some way.

I scan him over, my emerald eyes not greedy, but soft as I look over him. His body a sandy color, twisted and old horns atop sandy forelocked' brow. He has fire on the underside of his wings, and it reminds me of Gaucho once again and I smile a bit.

Gaucho reminds me of Rhoa. My one friend in this herd, other than that boy on the rocky shore who spoke no words. The one with the doll hanging in his neck. The one with the scary powers.
I push those thoughts away as I await his reply.

Word Count:511 Tags:@[God of the Sun]
Credits
Image: Link
Name Font: cooltext.com
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Slowly drifting, drifting away, wave after wave

Ears flicked forward attentively as the god that stood before them, blazing in all his glory and they, basking in it, assigned them their tasks. Ampere had always found it curious that the gods chose to balance their gifts in this manner. The requests, be they actions or items, had always seemed so trivial to her. What could the God of the Sun need with a crafted item from each herd land? Couldn't he just make them all himself, or acquire them? Surely with all his power he had faster, more efficient methods than mortal labor?

Many seemed to find them ventures of learning, assigned specifically by the gods to teach a lesson, ideally in their favor. Ampere could agree to this theory, albeit she couldn't quite place the gods, certainly not all of them anyway, as teachers. Then again she wasn't one to dwell on religion, if she were she might have recognized that the gods power was nothing without all of them to provide sustenance, worship, faith... entertainment. The gods made them, but to what end? Eternity was so so far that Ampere couldn't even comprehend it. With that much time it made sense to invest something in those that you had made, those that would not last.

Either way, god's intentions or not, a quest had been given. One which gave her an idea. "The edge is holding a competition, open to all," Ampere spoke up, glancing at the new arrival, then the rest of those gathered. "We found the invitation during our patrol. Perhaps we could acquire an item through that, and forge relationships simultaneously?" It was not like Ampere to be so political, but Sikeax had found the glass announcement, and she had been instantly curious to test her might against the Edge. It was a perfect chance to learn more about them too. Embarrassingly, Ampere hardly knew anything about the other herds.

[Fully crappy post ftw :D]

I wish I could make it easy, easy to love me
A M P E R E
Looking for the right words to say, feels like I'm drowning

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.