the Rift

[DROP] Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop]

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
"Speech 'Wonderings' Words: 282 OOC: Daemyn solves the riddle and goes right.
Daemyn
The spotted powerhouse thought he was about to find the source of blood, instead he found yet another sign. Screwing up his amethyst eyes he focused wholly on it. The stallion was sure this was the key to everything. This sign was the missing piece to a puzzle. As this sunk in the stallion wished deeply that he had been able to solve the first clue. What if he had turned wrong and now he was shit out of luck? Sighing in aggravation the masculine silver bay stared firmly at the bloody wooden board determined to make the right choice this time at least. Letters shifted and wiggled under his hard lilac stare. There was no way in this crazy world that he was going to choose wrong if he could help it. Mumbling to himself quietly the stallion finally solved the puzzle. He would have jumped for joy if the deafening silence had not been so ominous. Shivering against the freezing cold the stallion gazed around him thinking long and hard about the riddle he had just solved. 'Crap.'
Stunned the silver haired lad looked at the untouched snow behind him. 'How is this possible? There must be magic afoot here.' In his confusion and dismay the refined muzzle dipped to caress the dog pendant upon his broad muscled chest. Pulling strength from the black ruby eyed beast the stallion took a calming breath before slowly turning his bulk to the right. Moving with unnatural silence the male pondered over what lay ahead of him.

Deep inside I know what am worth, A life of my own
alteredego @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
No more than a few moments later, and a sign crosses their path. More disgusting, confusing symbols. This time, the crossed out letters are scarlet in color. They drip, almost like blood. Everything is so quiet. Why is Elsa the only on here? Surely someone had to notice these signs!

Looking back, everything seemed to disappear, like Elsa was never there. The entrance was gone, the snow pristine and untouched. A shiver ran down her spine, and Edgar squeaked, feeling his bondeds fear. What was next for them? Would they be able to work together to get out of this situation? Obviously there was nothing good to come out of this, so it be best to work on getting out.

Sticking to what is hopefully the edges, Elsa goes down the right path. She's looking out for another mystical, crazy sign in case something else pops up. Those signs must mean she is getting closer to whatever the heck is at the end of these signs. Would it be a dead body? Would it be another mystical being, heck, would it be another companion? Elsa sneaks forward, hopefully not disturbing whatever the heck left these signs.

Just the one thing she hoped it wan't were those creepy mirages. Like the time when she won Edgars egg, those weird things she saw.... they weren't the best thing to look at. Each thing pulled on her heartstrings, and Elsa did not need anymore stress in her life. She already had more than enough of that.

"Talking"
Wishlist
[Seeking: Water x Dark || Ability to summon ice that can burn on a specific part of the others body.]
[Ooc; Elsa does not solve and Elsa goes to the right again.]

Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I was only able to travel a short distance before yet another sign blocks my path.

1. QTKOG TZ DQUHK.
2. XWJG TZ XTNWXR GU VW DQUHK.
3. KU QTKOG FHRDFRZ.

My eyes grew wide as I notice the red substance that seemed to still be wet and dripping. Curiously, I sniffed it. Iron. It smelled like iron. “Blood,” I whispered to myself and stumbled backwards, ready to take my leave. But when I turned back around to go back on the path I had already taken, I realized it had already gone. A sudden lash of panic ripped through me as I realized that I was now lost. Was the red stuff earlier blood too? Was there some sort of monster lurking out there ready to kill me if I wandered the wrong way? Was I to be lost forever?

Quickly I shook my head as an attempt to throw these thoughts from me and calm myself down. Then I turned back towards the sign that held some sort of puzzle. “The last one told me to go left, so this one should tell me to go somewhere,” I took a few deep breaths and then began to work on the puzzle substituting letters for other letters and switching them out again and again until finally I was left with something that made some sort of sense. Right is wrong. Left is likely to be wrong. Go right anyways. I thought the clue over for a few minutes. If right is wrong and left is also wrong, does two wrongs make a right? Or was there some other diabolical scheme behind it and I wasn't getting it?

I stared down the left path, contemplating what might happen should I choose it. Then I looked down the right path. “Go right anyways.” The phrase echoed throughout my mind and before I knew it, my hooves started to carry me down the right path. It was all I could do to hope it wasn't the wrong path.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 336
TAGGED;; ---
OOC;; Astra solves the puzzle and then goes right. She is seeking [Magic (Active) Light & Dark?;; Can heal via starlight albeit slowly. When/if upgraded can heal others. Restrictions to be set by staff.] No prior refusals due to her being new. Wishlist

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
LRYICS;; Geronimo by Sheppard.

Yuuta Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Yuuta</style>
           I heard you believe in ghosts.</style>
I manage to walk all of two steps before I am facing another sign, just off in the distance. I walk busily in the direction of the sign, glancing at it with dark, crystal eyes for a brief moment. The scribblings upon the sign again I cannot read, yet the letters are corrected in blood. Disturbing, alarming, yet I cannot help but wonder what the lines mean.

For a beautiful, brief moment, I actually care. My attention rapt as I look upon the sign, only to realize.... I do not care.

In my frustration, I think that my last turn toward the left had been in vain. It only brought me to another accursed sign in a language I had no hopes of reading. This time, I turn toward the right. Surely, surely there would be something else awaiting me in this path.
Hopefully, I would be steering away from whatever fucking idiot keeps posting signs everywhere in the woods.

[ ooc; Yuuta grumpily turns toward the right. ]

image credit

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

Almost as soon as I had made my decision, I was blocked yet again by a new sign. This time, the sign itself was written on, and the ever familiar metallic scent of blood sent my ears pinning back into my mane. Something wasn’t right, and I had to figure out what that meant. Did the blood match the same splashes that littered the snow before? I looked back over my shoulders to look for the stains, but they were gone. What? I couldn’t even find my footsteps, and though I was standing still it was as though the path was stretching away from me. Nothing was making sense at this rate. Quickly I decided that it was no longer safe to keep standing here, and I returned my attention the cryptogram before me.

My frustrations grew as I studied the signs, my agitation building as I felt more and more idiotic for taking so long to figure out a puzzle. Then, as though a light bulb had been turned on in my mind, the riddle made sense. Well, actually it didn’t. I was able to figure out the words, but it only gave me another riddle. If right is wrong, and left is probably wrong…Why should I go right anyways? Cautiously I peered down the path to my right, and then studied the path to my left. Nothing discernible caught my attention with either, giving me nothing to work with. Should I really trust the words of a randomly appearing sign? One that deliberately told me to go down the wrong path? Or should I trust the instincts within me that screamed to go to the left, to ignore the ‘authority’ of the sign and take charge?

Out of frustration I stomped the earth with a wild snort, feeling my anger boil beneath my skin and threatening to unleash on whatever the hell was posting such riddles. I knew what the sign told me, but I couldn’t make up my mind on where I wanted to go. So, I closed my eyes tightly and began to pivot in place, side-stepping over my hooves as I twisted into a circle several times. When I stopped, I opened my eyes once again. I was facing the path to the right. My face dropped slightly, not exactly amused by the selection. Glancing to the sign for a moment, I huffed. ”Very well, you win.” With that, I started heading down the wrong- er, ‘right’ path…

OOC: Panzram solvess and goes right.
Wishlist
Seeking: Dark x Water | Can form temporary blood clots that will dissipate after one thread. This can cause pain, swelling, numbness, or temporary paralysis of affected limb.

No prior refusals.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Hotaru, Voodoo, and Thranduil are disqualified for failing to post.

The wind becomes a howl, suddenly and harshly. The silencing that roared before now roars anew, but this time is painful and interrupts your thoughts. It is almost as if it knows that you haven't been trying thus far, and is encouraging you to continue to do so now.

Elsa and Oxy see the following:

You may go left or right - but the forest seems to know that you're just going to pick randomly anyways, and so the sign doesn't seem very helpful. Get on with it.

Whatever world the rest are in, is unaffected by the wind that falls upon Oxy and Elsa. Instead, the area in which you inhabit is still pristine and wholly silent. Is that your heart that's beating?

Panzram, Yuuta, Adelric, Ampere, Thor, Astraea, Rhea and Daemyn see the following:

It seems as though whoever had been solving the puzzles before, leaving clues in their own blood, has finally succumbed to whatever injuries it had - the puzzle is only partially solved.

You may go left or right.

- You have 48 hours to respond to this thread.

Image Credits

Yuuta Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Yuuta</style>
           I heard you believe in ghosts.</style>
Wouldn't you know it?
Another sign.

I sigh heavily this time, uncertain why these strangely lettered signs were irritating me so much. The eerie air of the forest, the chill of winter, and the sudden hushed silence probably contributed to the edge I felt in my heart. So, the only clue as to what was happening resided in these posted signs. Why? Was it common in Helovia to read such scribblings?

One of her many mysteries I did not understanding, reading is apparently important. Pausing before the sign, this time I stare for quite some time. There are more letters, more intricate than the others. The number of bloodied clues have grown slimmer, and I cannot decide whether this should relieve me or put me on edge. Whoever had tried to alter the sign likely dead, but why and how remains unknown. Helovia, why are you so confusing?

Taking a breath, I decide that I should continue on my path to the right. There is no point in trying to avoid these blasted signs anymore. They will appear no matter the path I take.
Anger resolving into some sort of cold apathy, which is much more comfortable for me.

[ ooc; Yuuta goes to the right. ]

image credit

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

By now I was expecting the next sign, however disturbed I was by the blood stains that coated them despite the lack of hoof prints or any other imprints in the snow. When I was confronted by the sign this time around, it seemed much easier for me to decipher given by the sheer number of letters that were shown, even though there weren’t many that were solved. Clearly E was to be replaced by the letter A, T was now the O and L was now the T. As the riddle began to make sense in my mind while I stared at the post, my crown tilted to the side. This time around, I was presented with what each direction would lead me too. No matter how confusing the directions were, or misleading they may have been, I was ever so enticed by them.

I stepped back from the sign to contemplate which direction I should head. Towards the reward or towards the end? Or perhaps I could wait around here…No, no I most assuredly won’t be waiting around in this eerie silence listening to my own heartbeat. That is probably what happened to the last fool who couldn’t finish the riddle. Auds flicked back and forth while I pondered, wondering if the end meant that I could escape this riddle nonsense or if it was something much more ominous in meaning. Naturally, I wanted my reward for tolerating such ridiculousness, as well as my reward for solving the riddles. How could I not? I was proud of myself for getting this far.

With a final nod, I redirected my course to the left once again. Perhaps I could find an amulet? Or maybe some other useful item? There was only one way to find out…

OOC: Panzram solves and goes left.
Wishlist
Seeking: Dark x Water | Can form temporary blood clots that will dissipate after one thread. This can cause pain, swelling, numbness, or temporary paralysis of affected limb.

No prior refusals.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
"Speech 'Wonderings' Words: 259 OOC: Daemyn solves the riddle and goes left.
Daemyn
The breath rolling from his bay lips hung in the silent still air as he moved through the woods. A sudden sound thrummed in his ears causing him to halt. 'What in the world?' It took him a minute to realize it was his own heart beat pounding in his ears. His breath quickened as the sound reverberated in his ears. 'Think about finding the poor creature that is bleeding all over the place.' As he focused the pounding in his brain slowed to a bearable pace. Embracing the sound now he gazed around and found another sign. Stepping up to it, the scent of iron made the refined muzzle wrinkle with disgust. There was enough blood on it that the stallion was sure whatever had been marking the signs had not made it any further. Lilac eyes looked for a body but came up empty. Shivering as he once again say he did not see any hoof prints. Sighing the turned to the sign.

Once he had it figured out the stallion looked around thinking over the clue. Murmuring softly to himself the stallion turned his large head left then right. Which way would be best? The sign had been clear enough, but had it really been to clear? What if it was a trick, what if that way held whatever there was he was after, and the other didn't. Smiling softly he turned left and slowly walked down the path. Ears were always shifting searching for any kind of sound that might prove he had chosen correctly.

Deep inside I know what am worth, A life of my own
alteredego @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
The distinct feeling of being played was becoming a constant thought in my mind. Whatever was going on certainly meant something didn’t it? As I navigated a few steps more along the long, winding path, I came upon yet another sign with only two deciphered letters above the cryptogram. Knowing vaguely how the last few had turned out, I spent infinitely less time trying to muddle my way through its meaning. However, when I finally came up with an answer, I was left again to decide between the choices. Only this time, there were three…

They were all tempting to me since I wasn’t sure what exactly I was aiming for in the first place and yet, I knew that I didn’t want to take the easy way out. I wanted to see this peculiar experience to its end. I wanted high risk with high reward and if I was wrong, then I guess it would be high risk with an equally significant loss. I feared that such a loss could mean my life, but with little else to go on, I made the decision to go right.

However, an eerie sense of loneliness made my heart pound loudly against my breast. I was afraid of what I’d find. Thinking of the things I’d encountered in the Steppe and the Grove made me want to turn around and go back the way I came. But of course that ever-pressing curiosity that I’d become known for pushed me on. Blending in amongst the shadows, I ignored my anxiety and pressed on. Whatever lay ahead would eventually reveal itself, no matter how good or bad it may be.

OOC| Thor goes right.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Does ‘fuck signs’ clarify how you feel about coming to a split every time you walk a couple feet? Because… fuck signs. There is nothing here, except… ok, well, there is a metric ton of wind. Like… several metric tons. Which normally wouldn’t be a huge deal, except you’re kind of having a hard time standing as it is. The wind blows incessantly, invading your ears and your nostrils, your throat and your brain, assaulting your skin and threatening to freeze to you to Oxy-cicle right here in this idiotic forest. But obviously the wind and signs don’t care about your displeasure, because another sign has appeared.

You guess the last sign didn’t pass on the message that you had assailed it. Or maybe it just doesn’t care. If only you knew what words were enciphered on the sign… but you don’t, and so you look at it, you do not realize the insult that is staring you in your face. Rolling your eyes, you’re about to take a step forward when another hurricane force gale beats against you, throwing your body to the right. You guess you’re taking the right path then. Right now, the only real path you want to take is the exit path. Doesn’t seem like that’s an option yet. But you guess if you keep walking, at some point you have to get out of this place. Mazes can’t go on forever, can they? And Snowflake can’t hide for all of eternity. At some point, you’ll either find her or the way out. It’s not destiny, it’s just the way it has to be.

OOC| Oxy goes right
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The silence is almost deafening as the half-child arrives at the third sign. Stepping up before it, he inspects it with steady eyes. He pays no mind to the fact that he is entirely alone, save for Tobias; that thought has drifted far away. He is engrossed in the letters that dance before his eyes and hold secrets he can reveal, if only he tries. But this time, it is not only the letters that are mysterious. The riddle contained within the letters is as curious as the cipher itself.

His debate with Tobias lasts longer this time, as the pair stand and stare at the sign, then left, then right, then towards the sky. Is it really suggesting…? Adelric looks to the cerndyr for any thoughts, but the cervid is as uncertain as the half-child. They have no wings; is the option presented even possible? But then the half-child looks to his left and sees a pile of large rocks, easily large enough to climb on. Is it serendipitous or fate that they are there? He knows not, but the half-child is feeling cocky today and he decides to tempt fate.

Eyeing the sign one last time, Adelric walks to the rock pile. For a moment he hesitates, looking back to the sign and then down the path that was indicated as correct. But he must know the answer to the riddle that is plaguing him. If he takes the safe route, then he will never learn. Scientists must take risks in order to learn. It is the only way that education can move forward. So turning back to the pile of rocks, the half-child slowly begins to mount them, dragging himself closer to the sky. The cervid follows. As they crest the pile, the half-child turns his bi-hued gaze back to the sign and waits, gurgling softly as though trying to draw its attention. He has no wings to take flight, so this will have to do.

OOC| Adelric solves, does not pick a path, and climbs up a pile of rocks to see what will happen.
Brush Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Okay, so wherever the heck she is at, she isn't stopping to smell the roses. The wind picks up harshly now. It blows into her face with a bitter chill even she never thought she could fell. It prickles at her eyes causing unwarranted tears to fall from them, but she isn't going to stop now.

The wind had forced Edgar to hide behind the mane. It wraps up in the long strange and grips hard against her neck. It usually would've cause her pain, but the intense cold is more than she can bare. Another sign passes by her but she doesn't even stop. Maybe these symbols were warning her to stay away, but she isn't going to stop at this point. She's kind of shit deep in problems anyways, so whats another life threatening injury?

Keeping to the tactics she had used with Edgar, she sticks along the right path again. She hopes the wind does not follow, it rips at her skin, and she's starting to not feel anything but that. Elsa may like this cold, but this whipping wind was not the kind of cold she came looking for. So down the right trail she goes.

At least, she deduced, the end would be near. Helovia loved to play all sorts of tricks, but they really never lasted that long did they? Also, she had never been driven to death so that seemed sort of like a reason to keep going. Maybe she'd be gifted with something if she could make it to the end again.
"Talking"
Wishlist
[Seeking: Water x Dark || Ability to summon ice that can burn on a specific part of the others body.]
[Ooc; Elsa goes right.]

Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Following along her chosen path there is nothing but silence as she continues to walk along seemingly unnoticed by anyone. Things just didn't feel right making her
feel rather uneasy about what might be laying in wake for her. What if this...this blood trailing..note leaving.. thingamabob really shouldn't be messed with? Well its kinda late for that you have made it this far. Rolling her eyes as she mocks her own subconscious she refuses to back down now when she could be so close to finding out what did all this. If this was some murder why go to such lengths to cover it up? Shaking her head as the logical answer popped into mind she ignored logic to come up with a much more satisfying solution. This wasn't a cover up just a game of cat and mouse...a really dragged out version if she might add.

The complete and utter silence must have been starting to eat at her for everywhere she looked she was expecting something to pop out at her trying to scare her half to death. Luckily for her she was not one that scared so easily but she might as well take her caution while she still could. Something for all she knew had finally bled out and perished at the end of this adventure no way was she going to live the same fate. As another stupid sign appeared she couldn't help but grumble to herself under her breath. She had just about had it with all these riddles and shady dealings, either give her what she was looking for or get to the point already. Studying the sign for a couple minutes a solution slowly makes itself clear as she raises an eyebrow in speculation. "Really?.. just give her a straight answer already!"

Drawing her head up high the filly scans the area in frustration not seeing anything more of note. Lashing her tail against her sides she finally decides her path and goes to the left to hopefully get what she is desiring.

Summary: Rhea choses to solve the puzzle and goes left
Wishlist: Click
Questing for: [Shock x Dark] Ability to create electrical energy from the air around her to shock/electrocute anyone within 5 feet of her. Strong emotions i.e anger..etc.. can directly affect how much energy she can produce.
Denials: To Catch A Falling Star

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Another turn. Another sign.

Ampere sighed as she came to a stop before the next menagerie of symbols and blood. The exhale was a rush of visible exhaust, a testament to the cold she was trudging through for... something she didn't yet fully understand. It was not within her to cease despite that fact, as much as she had a growing urge to do just that. The red smears were some sign of foul play, or perhaps madness, but either way she could not rest until she knew that no crime had been perpetrated. If there was someone that she could help, or someone that she could deliver justice to, she would never forgive herself for leaving them.

So Ampere continued, but that was easier said than done.

She contemplated the sign for a long while. Longer than all the others. There was something to them, of that she was sure. Perhaps she only needed to try to read them, and it might become clear? They were peculiar, and crimson amid the winter wonderland, so surely they were a clue or a message. Could all of this have been easier if she just read them.

Probably, but it didn't change the issue of her illiterate nature. Trying only got you so far, she would know. "Might be something Sohalia's school can teach me," Ampere muttered under her breath as she turned away from the sign.

Since she couldn't read, she'd have to rely on what skills she did have. So, Ampere backed up, then took some strides at a gallop before launching up into the air and onto her wings. She should have done this in the first place, the height would give her better perspective, and now that she knew she was looking for something (more signs?) maybe she'd actually find it up here.

Ampere goes up.
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Astraea has been disqualified for failing to post.

Congratulations AMPERE

Puzzle solutions!

Puzzle one said, You should go left!

For those who went left (Yuuta, Adelric, Ampere, Thor, Rhea, Daemyn and Panzram), the following puzzle said, 1. Right is wrong. 2. Left is likely to be wrong 3. Go right anyways. All of you went right. Your final puzzle said, Go left for a reward. Go right to reach the end. Or do neither and go up and see what happens.
  • Yuuta and Thor, for correctly going down each path receive one extra roll in this drop.
  • Rhea, Daemyn, and Panzram, who followed the path correctly until the end, receive a moon amulet.
  • Adelric and Ampere, who followed the path correctly until the end, receive temporary passive magic
      Ampere: For 2 weeks of real time Ampere's wings and mane/tail crackle and spark with constant blue light as if electrified!
      Adelric: For 2 weeks of real time Adelric's body randomly turns invisible. During times of heightened emotions, parts of his body might disappear with the rest remaining visible.

For those who went right (Oxy and Elsa), your second sign read, Puzzles are hard, Go left. Both went right. Your last sign read, Go left idiots, and you both went right.

List, Dice.

A small child emerges from the snow. She appears like a personified Otter: her eyes are large and childish, but completely black, and whiskers spring from dimpled cheeks. Her fur is completely white, save for where it flexes outwards in a pink belly, with a belly button. On her hands are pink mittens which match the pink boots upon her feet.

For ELSA/OXY: The girl frowns.
    "I made those puzzles for you!" she wails suddenly, tearing off one of her gloves. It is now that you can see the bloody marks on the signs came from her - her human-like fingers (elongated with claws on the end) are bloody and gnawed at. She left you clues with the only thing she had available, and you disregarded them every step of the way. Ice balls formed in her hands, which she throws angrily at you. Where they hit, they both burn and freeze. Tears form on her cheeks, crystallizing beautifully as she disappears.

For YUUTA and THOR: The girl smiles radiantly. "I like puzzles! Don't you?" She dances forward, skipping merrily in the snow. "Lets play again soon!" She cries joyfully, disappearing just as her body is about to crash into yours.

For RHEA, DAEMYN, and PANZRAM: The girl dances forward, clapping her mitten'ed hands (paws?) together as she laughs. "Silly ponies!". Her cackles continue as she skips forward. Lowering her voice, she looked around with a wry smile as she places an amulet around your neck. "It's okay pony. I know you tried." Her laughter remains, even as her body disappears.

For AMPERE and ADELRIC: "Helloooooooooo up there!" A small voice shouts. The girl is shielding her eyes as she looks into the blinding white sky. Her smile is toothy and broad, as if her greeting is incredibly funny. Waving wildly, the girl takes off her gloves. You can now see that the bloody marks on the signs must have come from her - her human-like fingers (elongated with claws on the end) are bloody and gnawed at. She left you clues with the only thing she had available - where else would a creature such as her get a sharpie? Still, she doesn't seem too bothered. Her hands created a ball-shape, which grows dark. "This is for YOU" She laughs, throwing the ball directly at you. The smile disintegrates from her face as the effect of her magic takes hold. Her eyes seemingly grow darker, and her body begins to bleed away. "I like puzzles. Thank you for playing with me." she whispers almost sadly. Her head tilts to the side slightly as her body completely blows away into the snow. "Byebye."

• Image Credits

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
    Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
    Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
    Ampere doesn't get very far in the sky before it appears. It, because Ampere isn't really sure what else to call it, what else to know it as. It takes her by surprise, the strange otter girl that pops up from the snow (was she under the snow, or just well camouflaged?), calling out. Wings beat hard at Ampere's sides as she tries to halt abruptly, the effort intensified in the winter air currents - it's too much and she easily settles back on the ground, head tossing with a snort of distrust despite the friendly demeanor of the girl.

Between the blood and the signs and now this, it's all just a bit much on the strange scale to Ampere. It reminds her of the time she managed to get a companion egg, from that strange witch... she tried not to remember that event, having failed ultimately (damn you Oxy), but the odd sensation of this event dredged up that past. Helovia was certainly filled to the brim with magical strangeness, something Ampere hadn't quite decided if she liked or not.

The girl waves, her hands, paws (?), smeared red. The blue gaze of the Mother of Companions widens, then hardens. This was what she had been tracking down this whole time? No corpse left to freeze in the snow, no injured victim, no... anything but a demented child!? All of that frustration and wasted time to play? Ampere bit down on a rising fury, but her feathers flared along her backside all the same.

Abruptly a dark ball is thrown at her, sinking into her chest like a lead bullet. Ampere shies to her left, feet spraying snow and ice like a winter wave, her wings lifting from her sides in some instinctive attempt to intimidate. "What?" Ampere asks breathlessly, her heart hammering in her throat, limbs moving restlessly through the snow, afraid to be assaulted again by... well she wasn't sure what it was, and it hadn't hurt, but it wasn't normal (is anything?).

From the corner of her eye she caught the dance of blue light. Her mane snarled to life, squirming with electricity that danced and leapt tirelessly. She slowed and stopped, craning her neck around to stare at her mane. It mystified her, not having summoned her magic, although it would not be the first time her emotions took control for her, but she had never been able to make it do that before. Ampere flicked her tail thoughtfully, noticing it too boasted blue squiggles of energy.

So perplexed by it Ampere briefly forgot about the girl, a stupid thing which she instantly chastised herself for; her voice broke through Ampere's reverie, as sweet and strange as ever. Her gaze turned to watch as the thing became snow, blowing away with a farewell tinged with sorrow. All of it left Ampere feeling very disturbed and confused. Was this more of the dark magic that was perpetrating the land? It didn't feel ominous, but it definitely felt like something.

Snorting again, uneasy, Ampere hoisted back into the air and traveled back to her home. Maybe she just needed rest...

Thank you! These puzzles were really fun :D
    Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
    Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.