[OPEN] down here low, fussing over scars

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

“No.” He hadn’t meant the word to sound so forceful when it came out, an instant rejection of the idea she presented. Mesec felt defensive of the fear that this idea of Ampere’s brought forward. “No I can’t believe that, I don’t want to believe that.” After the strength behind his initial response, expanding on it only made him sound like a stubborn child but he refused to accept the possibility. He wouldn’t succumb to the belief that there was darkness in them, that there was something they were doing wrong to bring all of this death and sickness upon Helovia. There was something else at play. He needed there to be another explanation and it was his job to find it.

But how do you hunt shadows?

His mother had once told him that he had power over darkness and shadow – so was he the one bringing all this about? Were there shadows clinging to him that did more than just block out the light – but also life as well? The coming storm only made him more nervous, he wished desperately for the sun to break through the clouds and warm his skin.

He did not have the sun, but he did have Ampere. A much to warm her as himself, he completed the action he began moments ago and walked around to stand beside her now, pressing his wing against hers and brushing his muzzle against the tangles of her mane. “I… I hope we can.” There was so much hope in that statement, he wanted so much to say that he knew that they could but there wasn’t enough confidence left in him to make that pledge. All he knew was one thing that he whispered then, a confession as eyes focusing on the encroaching storm front as a low rumble of thunder promised things were just getting started. “I don’t want to live in darkness for the rest of my life.”

Not this kind, at least. Shadows were fun to play in until you were drowning in them.
mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
down here low, fussing over scars - by Mesec - 10-23-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: down here low, fussing over scars - by Ampere - 10-24-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: down here low, fussing over scars - by Mesec - 11-30-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: down here low, fussing over scars - by Ampere - 12-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: down here low, fussing over scars - by Mesec - 12-18-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: down here low, fussing over scars - by Ampere - 12-19-2014, 06:24 PM