the Rift

[OPEN] It's still burning

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
It's all Butterflies and Rainbows

It was with no shortage of surprise that Alysanne listened to the news about Miykael’s other form being the same owl that Hemlock was. Her green eyes widen and she immediately searches for the little owl, without any luck – he’s hidden himself quite well. So she turned back to Mikey and she was grinning just as bright as ever – hoping it looked effortless. “Really? I knew about the otter but I never knew… Isn’t that marvellous?”

Was there a connection? She was so muddled up with confusion it was hard to sort out her own thoughts. Certainly it was one strange coincidence, if it could even be labelled as that. The news further soured the mood of her companion and she felt it, the tug to get out of here: to get herself out of this toxic conversation before she drowned in the poisonous waters.

But she was not being held down; she was walking into turbulent waters of her own free will. Trying so desperately to save another at any cost to herself.

Of course, she accepted his invitation to walk with him without hesitation – not thinking anything of it. A good walk would surely help them as they grasped at the remnants of their friendship…

Oh. There it was.

She hadn’t been expecting it, not yet. Not a bomb after they had just been joking a couple moments ago. Was this it, where she committed herself to the idea that she would do whatever it took to make him happy? She hated that sadness in his eyes, hated the weakness to his voice when he asked her why not him. She hated that she didn’t have a reason. She only knew that it was not him, not now and not before. Alysanne had a habit of stumbling into love when she did not expect it – she wasn’t entirely sure that she had been in love but the distinction did not seem to matter. She cared deeply for Sasha, she loved him. This tender, new thing had sparked with Voodoo, and she was so sure that she loved him too. Yes, it had been Sasha, it was now Voodoo, and it was not Mikey – she did not imagine that it would ever be him.

But he was her friend. And Alysanne knew any sacrifices on her part would be worth it to spare him pain (but she hasn't thought about the sacrifices, not really. Only her own, not the ones she'll be asking of others not present today).

“Oh Mikey.” She started, she waivered, and her voice shook. She took a breath and she continued. “I do love you. I do.” Alysanne knew that she had said that before, knew it didn’t mean much, those words. Not in the sense that he wanted them to mean – she loved everyone, after all. She had to figure out how to make him believe her this time. Her voice is soft as she gently commits to this fallacy, not thinking about the consequences but only about how it will make him better. “It… it’s be confusing… hard even since you’ve been gone. I’ve been so worried about you ever since I found you in that cave.” It broke her heart to remember the shadow of her friend she had discovered there, the starving creature that had finally revealed the horrors he had saved her from. Yes, saved her. She needed to remember it that way.

Always her green eyes are forced to remain fixed on him, watching for a reaction and hoping that things will be better from here on out. “I realized that my worry wasn’t just from the bonds of friendship, or the insane need I have to mother everyone that I meet.” A small laugh, but then the tears start to form. And she can only hope that accompanied with her growing smile they look happy. A mare finally confessing her feelings for someone she had denied for so long.

“It’s out of love for you, my sweet Mikey. You’ve healed me, you’ve protected me. You’re my guardian angel. It took me far too long to see it but I have now. What… what you told me about Hemlock just proves it. Of course one of your forms would be my companion.” She stopped walking, she didn’t trust her legs anymore to stay unless she locked them still. There are sobs now, but always that smile - shining bright as ever. “Oh Mikey... I-I’ve been a f-fool.”

Still a fool, still a fool!

[do you ever just want to strangle your own character? Silly girl. ;) ]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
It's still burning - by Miykael - 10-29-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 11-03-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 11-07-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 11-27-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 12-11-2014, 02:52 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 12-18-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-05-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 01-11-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-12-2015, 03:48 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 01-12-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-13-2015, 07:22 PM