the Rift

[OPEN] It's still burning

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Miykael the Fallen

you see her when you fall asleep, But never to touch and never to keep

There is a sullen moodiness about him, a broody quality that only just peeks through his usually selfless and loving exterior. Her surprise over his information appears quite genuine - and if it were anyone other than Aly there may be doubt but with her, he knows it is true. Her melodic voice and bright grin are soothing when she speaks but all he can manage is a weak smile in return, a smile that barely reaches his expressive eyes. His mood had grown sour and though he struggles against it - daily - his resolve has weakened over the course of these last few years. Everything has attempted to break him down, to teach him that he can't keep going this way. Something has to give.

Was it a mere coincidence that her companion shares a species with one of his past forms? Or was there something there that she just didn't see or couldn't see? Perhaps she is ignorant of love, though the same could be true of him. Maybe this wasn't love at all but it sure felt like it. Every time he sees her, his soul soars. Every time she touches him, his skin is electrified, tingly, and warm. Her smile could melt him into a mere puddle and everything about her makes his heart stutter. He would do anything for her. Anything. If he ever needed to decide to save his life or hers - there was no doubt in his mind what his answer would be; her life, every. single. time. He would save her before anyone else - possibly even before Nathanael and Barakiel. She ranked higher than his own blood. How could that possibly mean anything else? It had to be love - there is no other explanation.

But love didn't have to be mutual. Nature is cruel that way and the struggle between Alysanne and himself was proof of that. His frustration is endless. His heart and soul are being pulverized day in and day out leaving him broken and bruised, shortening the fuse of his patience. How much more could he withstand before he crumbled to dust? In that moment of silence he came to a decision - hasty and desperate - that he would leave the Edge, for however long it takes until everything is okay again. He couldn't bring himself to even think or consider that he might not be able to come back - not with Alysanne here. He knew he couldn't change his heart and in order to stay so near to Alysanne, that's exactly what he'd have to do.

When she finally speaks, her voice quivering - his heart sinks. He's hurt her - again. Why couldn't he stop? It seems that's all he's good for anymore. All he's managed to do after their first meeting in Nocturne is hurt her. Fuck. Panic makes his heart leap and stutter in his chest. "Oh! Aly.. I... I'm sorry. I.. I've been so stupid. I shouldn't have asked. I never should have brought it up. I'm so sorry...please forgive me." he rambles, his blue eyes soften into deep, melancholic pools. He kept moving forward, hopeful that she wouldn't notice the pain he knew was so clearly on display in his eyes. "I..." he begins again then suddenly it hits him - hard. Like a brick to the face and it stops him dead in his tracks. Slowly he turns to her, confusion etched onto his face. "Wait... what?" he asks incredulously. "You...you do?" Her words plant a seed of hope in his chest. Each new revelation on her part feeding the seed, causing it to spring to life and grow. Could this really be happening? Somebody please pinch him, he must be dreaming.

Eliana, standing vigilant upon his croup, is just as confused as Miykael. Unlike her beloved bonded, though, she shifts and glares at the black and white mare in disbelief. She feels the growing hope in Miykael and grumbles her disapproval before flying off towards the trees - perhaps she could find that little owl and work out a way to fix this awful situation. And by fix, she means to break them up. To her, Aly is up to no good. Whether she could somehow discern the black and white mare's lie or simply disliked the idea of Miykael bonding with her in that way is unclear. Regardless, something had to be done.

Miykael glanced at the departing zephyr, wondering at her foul mood for the smallest amount of time, then turned back to Alysanne. Her confession continues to build while the tears form and soon, she's sobbing - even though her usual smile is there, clear upon her pretty face. He moves quickly to her then, concern plastered to his features. Standing before her, if only temporarily, he reaches forward with his soft muzzle and moves to brush the tears from her cheek with his lips. "Oh, Aly." he murmurs, regaining a lightness that he hasn't possessed in years. "Please... please don't cry." he says softly, his voice warm and loving. He bridges the gap then, moving forward to press his chest to hers and drape his head delicately over her withers. After a moment of stillness he lifts his head in order to attempt to place soft nibbles and gentle caresses upon her shoulders and tease the lower portions of her mane. "Everything will be alright now... you'll see."

Oh, but he couldn't be more wrong.
He is the fool. Always the fool.

tags: Alysanne // wc: 909
notes: omg. I'm sorry it's so long and such a quick reply. Also, yes, I'd like to strangle him now.

Image by Sarah <3
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
It's still burning - by Miykael - 10-29-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 11-03-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 11-07-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 11-27-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 12-11-2014, 02:52 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 12-18-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-05-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 01-11-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-12-2015, 03:48 AM
RE: It's still burning - by Alysanne - 01-12-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: It's still burning - by Miykael - 01-13-2015, 07:22 PM